Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HP Tuners Sales Support of Serial Interfaces will be discontinued on September 30, 20

Exclamation HP Tuners Sales Support of Serial Interfaces will be discontinued on Sept 30, 2009

HP Tuners Sales Support of Serial Interfaces will be discontinued on September 30, 2009.

HP Tuners is discontinuing sales support for the HP Tuners Serial Interfaces. The serial interfaces will continue to be supported by HP Tuners VCM Suite Software Updates at least for a short time, however, customers will no longer be able to order hardware upgrades, license additions, operating system upgrades, or repairs effective September 30, 2009.

There are two methods to identify whether you are affected. The first is if your serial number starts with a letter, or a zero, or is under 10 digits long, you are affected. The other method is to determine if your interface has a USB connector. If your interface does NOT have a USB connector, then you are affected.

If you currently own an HP Tuners Serial Interface, it is highly recommended that you log onto http://www.hptuners.com/customers/login.php and click upgrades to order the upgrade to the MPVI Pro prior to September 30, 2009. Then you must send in your serial interface to the address found on the upgrade page. Your MPVI Pro will ship back to you within 10 business days of receipt of your payment and your serial interface. This upgrade costs 199.00 plus applicable tax and shipping. This price is significantly reduced compared to a new MPVI Pro at $649.00 plus applicable tax and shipping. All of your existing licenses remain intact. You can also take advantage of the credit system for new licenses, which allow new vehicles to be added for less than $100.00 each. You can also add LS2, Ford, and in the future Dodge licenses. None of which can be accomplished with the serial interface.

If you currently own an HP Tuners MPVI Standard or MPVI Pro, you are unaffected by this announcement.
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 05-13-2011 at 01:26 PM.
    Jay
    HP Tuners

1967 Camaro, 2005 LS6, T56-under construction

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@HPTuners View Post
    HP Tuners Sales Support of Serial Interfaces will be discontinued on September 30, 2009.

HP Tuners is discontinuing sales support for the HP Tuners Serial Interfaces. The serial interfaces will continue to be supported by HP Tuners VCM Suite Software Updates, however, customers will no longer be able to order hardware upgrades, license additions, operating system upgrades, or repairs effective September 30, 2009.

There are two methods to identify whether you are affected. The first is if your serial number starts with a letter, or a zero, or is under 10 digits long, you are affected. The other method is to determine if your interface has a USB connector. If your interface does NOT have a USB connector, then you are affected.

If you currently own an HP Tuners Serial Interface, it is highly recommended that you log onto http://www.hptuners.com/customers/login.php and click upgrades to order the upgrade to the MPVI Pro prior to September 30, 2009. Then you must send in your serial interface to the address found on the upgrade page. Your MPVI Pro will ship back to you within 10 business days of receipt of your payment and your serial interface. This upgrade costs 199.00 plus applicable tax and shipping. This price is significantly reduced compared to a new MPVI Pro at $649.00 plus applicable tax and shipping. All of your existing licenses remain intact. You can also take advantage of the credit system for new licenses, which allow new vehicles to be added for less than $100.00 each. You can also add LS2, Ford, and in the future Dodge licenses. None of which can be accomplished with the serial interface.

If you currently own an HP Tuners MPVI Standard or MPVI Pro, you are unaffected by this announcement.
    Is there a way to get to keep our Serial cable and upgrade to a MPVI pro?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No, to upgrade you must send in your old interface.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Kinda sad to see it go, but it is most definitely necessary. I certainly don't miss my old serial interface since upgrading years ago...I get a lot of use out of the blackbox logging these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricked-Out-Toy View Post
    Is there a way to get to keep our Serial cable and upgrade to a MPVI pro?
    well more correctly, yeah there is a way - you could buy a new MPVI setup.
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@HPTuners View Post

HP Tuners is discontinuing sales support for the HP Tuners Serial Interfaces. The serial interfaces will continue to be supported by HP Tuners VCM Suite Software Updates, however, customers will no longer be able to order hardware upgrades, license additions, operating system upgrades, or repairs effective September 30, 2009.
    Does this mean that after September 30th, I can no longer upgrade my serial interface for $200 and will have to purchase a new one at $650?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by LS1_Sounds View Post
    Does this mean that after September 30th, I can no longer upgrade my serial interface for $200 and will have to purchase a new one at $650?
    Correct.

Potential Tuner
    I have a few questions.

1. If I don't need the MPVI Pro, can I upgrade to the MPVI standard? There is a $150 difference between the two. That I'd rather not spend for a version I don't need.

2. You compare the upgrade charge to the standard price for the MPVI Pro, which includes 8 credits. Does the upgrade include 8 credits?

3. My two current licenses are restricted by model year, not vin locked to a particular vehicle. Is that how they are tranfered to the new interface?

4. If the upgrade does not include any additional credits can I exchange one of my licenses for credits toward another car?

5. Do you accept local drop-off/pick-up in so cal?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodshaker View Post
    I have a few questions.

1. If I don't need the MPVI Pro, can I upgrade to the MPVI standard? There is a $150 difference between the two. That I'd rather not spend for a version I don't need.

2. You compare the upgrade charge to the standard price for the MPVI Pro, which includes 8 credits. Does the upgrade include 8 credits?

3. My two current licenses are restricted by model year, not vin locked to a particular vehicle. Is that how they are tranfered to the new interface?

4. If the upgrade does not include any additional credits can I exchange one of my licenses for credits toward another car?

5. Do you accept local drop-off/pick-up in so cal?

Thanks.
    Hoodshaker,

An upgrade to the Standard is something that we have considered, however, after looking at the costs involved it would be offered at about the same price as the Pro. For this reason, it is not offered.

The upgrade does not include additional credits.

Your licenses transfer over as year models, and you have upgrade credits that discount the unlimited vehicle group packages if you want to take advantage of those down the road.

We do not have a facility in CA that accepts walk ins. Our headquarters is in Buffalo Grove, IL. Even if hand delivered, the upgrade will take up to ten days.

An engineer that works on the software that is VCM Suite has to stop working on VCM Suite, and handle the upgrades, as it is not a streamlined process that anyone can do. This is why the costs involved are so great. For instance, he will have to put aside his handheld and Dodge development work to handle upgrades. We are hiring if you know of anyone good with software! Have them submit a resume'.
    Jay
    HP Tuners

1967 Camaro, 2005 LS6, T56-under construction

Advanced Tuner
    So I have the old serial interface. Right now I can tune any 2002 F Body and 2004 GTO, and I mean ANY. People have argued with me before that I need to buy extra credits to do this, but it's right out of the box from 2004. I own three 2002 camaros, and I use it on a friends 2002.

If I upgrade for $199 will I still be able to tune every single 2002 V8 F Body in existance, or will it be limited via VIN?
    Last edited by Jason B; 08-24-2009 at 10:25 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
    If I upgrade for $199 will I still be able to tune every single 2002 V8 F Body in existance
    Yes as Jay stated

"Your licenses transfer over as year models"

Potential Tuner
    Can I get the credits instead of transfering my liscenses? One of the cars I have is put back to stock and the other was wrecked so I would just assume to start over!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by spd98 View Post
    Can I get the credits instead of transfering my liscenses? One of the cars I have is put back to stock and the other was wrecked so I would just assume to start over!
    No, however once you receive your new interface you can purchase credits to tune additional vehicles at any time and the application key is instant so no more waiting on licenses

Potential Tuner
    Hey never hurts to ask!

Does the serial interface have to be in working order??
    '89 Olds Cutlass Ciera International Coupe - '99 L67 minus the M90 plus a 60-1

Never mind, couldn't connect because the fuse was blown. Tried it in another car and it was fine.
    '89 Olds Cutlass Ciera International Coupe - '99 L67 minus the M90 plus a 60-1

Tuner in Training
    ok so i am very very new to this i bought my HP tuners from a friend that sold his car and i know that i need to send in my cable but how do i go about doing this?? my laptop is down right no so i have is my PC i dont want to download the new 2.2 to it so is there a way i can just send in my old cable and the money to get the new one?? i need to get this thing to you guys soon so any help would be great
    thanks ricky
    ok after looking i have found the address so i just need to send in the old stuff and 200 buck and you will send me the new stuff right?? im sorry im very very new to this
    Last edited by Rickys S/C Z28; 09-15-2009 at 11:18 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Instructions are found on your customer login page at www.hptuners.com just login & click the order upgrades link for full instructions.

Does the $199 upgrade cost only apply if you have a serial version? Is it still $289 if you have the newer USB version?

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Does the $199 upgrade cost only apply if you have a serial version? Is it still $289 if you have the newer USB version?
    Yes & Yes, this thread is ONLY about customers that have not yet upgraded from their Serial interface.