Thread: mutli-plex t16-002 interface.

Potential Tuner

mutli-plex t16-002 interface.

anyone programming for this interface and have had any success with diffrent software that will work with this interface?
    also anyone that has used it can say wether its a good one or to stay away from it? reason i ask is i see that most people use the auto tap interface from b&b more than anyother interface.
    i hope this is the right forum to ask these questions,if not point me in the right direction. also have to say that this is a nice board.

Re: mutli-plex t16-002 interface.

Hi don,

I have a complete VC++ sample project that shows how to communicate with the T16.
    It includes a serial comms dll that can be called from just about anywhere and a program that pulls the RPM using the dll.

The full source code is available, if you want it let me know.

Regards
    Paul

Potential Tuner

hey paul! i know you and have worked with some of your stuff in the past,i liked the vpw program alot.
    in fact the vpw program is what prompted me to buy an interface to try stuff.
    arnt you gt300 on the obd2 board? if so i know you know your stuff and would be more than happy to try your source code for the t-16. btw i still cant get eflive to work on the 97 gm obd2,it doesnt find the t-16 at all. everything that i have tried doesnt work. i know the eflive works on 98 and up ls1 as i tried it on a friends car and it worked great. i dunno maybe a quirk in my obd2 computer or somthing but it never intializes the interface using the eflive. so i am having to learn everything i can to comeup with software with the pretty gauges to look at instead of having to figure out the graphs.
    in your opinoin should i dump the t-16 and get a autotap and cable or should i continue to try with the t-16?
    btw i am jedxi on the obd2 board,well the other obd2 board

ok.. i will now demonstrate my OBDII ignorance... whats the t-16 interface? Or should I say.. who makes it..
    My quest for knowledge will not be complete without this info... ;D

Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

Hi Don,

Yes, I am gts300 on www.obdii.com.
    I am EFILiveV5 on www.ls1tech.com.
    I am EFILiveV5 on ls1.com.
    I am ls1tool here.
    Who ever said the net was anonymous

I am working on two demo programs (with 100% free source code) in both VC++ and Delphi (so all the Linux experts can port it to Kylix).
    One program to show how to use the T16 from www.multiplex-engineering.com and the other how to use the AT1/AT123 V2 from www.autotap.com

I get a zillion emails asking how to write to these two interfaces so I'm going to bite the bullet and package up some "how to's"
    I will post them in a week or so when they are in some sort of sane state.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by RoboGeek
    ok.. i will now demonstrate my OBDII ignorance... whats the t-16 interface? Or should I say.. who makes it..
    My quest for knowledge will not be complete without this info... ;D

The T16 is made by www.multiplex-engineering.com that converts SAE J1850-VPW (GM), SAE J1850-PWM (Ford) and ISO-9141 (Chrysler) protocols to RS232.

Regards
    Paul

Potential Tuner

yeah i know about the anony part of the net ;D
    but i swear if your butt was plastered on the monitor right now i would kiss it :-* cause i have been waiting,longing,hoping that someone would help to show how to use the t-16. mutli-plex just sells em and said here is the hex and the baud rate have a nice day.

most of those zillion e-mails were probably from me,well ok i pestered you enough about the eflive and the problems i had trying to get it to work with my 97 lt1 then found that it was really for the ls1,doh helps to read then i just gave up on it and started to use this guys beta program,http://www.guentchev.com
    its ok to get basic things from the pcm but i really want to figure this out for me.
    the t-16,i thought,is nice cause its small and handels all three protocols. i have a ford,plymouth and a gm product and is the reason i got the t-16 cause of its ability to handle all three.
    thanks paul and i await the chance to work with your program,well to tinker cause i have to learn a lot before i know what the heck i am doing ;D

Tuner in Training

So is this hardware about the same as that B&B hardware being discussed in the other thread? Just a J1850 convertor???

Do they act the same or is communication with each very different?

Just a FYI, I have the AT123 V1 and EFILive5 demo works with a 97 LT1 that I tried it on. I plan to upgraded to the V2 cable soon just so I can play around with possibly downloading the contents of the PCM...
    97 30th Z28 TT&&86 RX7 awaiting LT1/T56&&80 Buick LeSabre

Potential Tuner

hey paul,how do i find this?
    T16 ID byte, the first byte of each #T16 messages
    i have tried the destination address of hex 22 but it wont work,thats the only thing multi-plex gave me to work with when i got the interface from them,other than to set the com port to 19200. i keep getting interface not found,in the eflive program.
    what is the common first byte of each t16 message? is it the one sent to the pcm or the return message from the pcm?

If Multiplex told you the id byte was 22 then that is the ID byte you need to enter into EFILiveV5.

Be aware of the difference between entering 22 and $22 in EFILiveV5.
    22 is 22 decimal, $22 is 22 hexadecimal.

I think Multiplex would have given you the ID byte in hexadecimal. But it may be worth trying $22 as well as 22.

Paul