Thread: If *I* had time to work this out...

If *I* had time to work this out...

If *I* had time to design all this stuff........... (which I don't).

I would start by designing a sniffer that worked at 10.4 kbps VPW so I could watch the bus.

I would also design that sniffer so that it automatically switched over to 41.6 kbps VPW when required.

I would use that sniffer on something like a Hypertech Power Programmer.

I would pull the flash chip on the HPP and read the file. It's easier to work with than a PCM chip.

I would use my sniffer to watch commands that are being sent/received, and I'd also figure out what those commands caused the CPU to do in the PCM. Store some code in memory, execute code, transfer data. That kind of stuff.

I would know that it requires block transfer to receive a PCM file from the PCM, and that most interfaces DO NOT SUPPORT this mode. So I would not rely on any commercial interfaces to perform this function. Maybe the newest B&B interface supports this mode, but I don't think any others do. None of the M-E interfaces do - I've talked to Paul Bowen about this specific function.

That's how I would go about it.

Anyone up to the task? Again, I don't have time to do it. I'm up to my ears in other stuff.

If anyone here is serious about building a flash by wire tool, this is essentially what you're facing.

Andrew

Re: If *I* had time to work this out...

a VERY good idea...
    I have 4 bangers so no chance of that for me (looks like only v8 apps)
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.