Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: support for new gm I5/I6 engines comming?

Potential Tuner

support for new gm I5/I6 engines comming?

Any update for us I5/I6 TrailVoy / colorado owners? the only ppl I found even touching these pcms was westers but they want to do all the work for you. How much different is the pcm for the inlines then say the ls2?

Wife just bought an envoy AND i've been considering the same I6 for my boat (seems like an easy change over from my old I4 3.0 thats in it now) so tuning software would be GRRREAT!

these inlines have a lot of potential (remember the old inlines) and they are a ton of us out there with these engines in our vehicles that would definately buy a tuner package. dont question the demand... rather ask 'why didnt we work on this sooner?!?'

-scott

Re: support for new gm I5/I6 engines comming?

yeah it's in the pipeline, no dates available yet but it won't be this year.

The I5/6 code is lot different to the LS7, LS2, LS1 and V6 code.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner

Re: support for new gm I5/I6 engines comming?

thanks. next summer perhaps? in time for me to tune my boat how bout a presale/beta with enough functionality to remove the torq managemnt and adjust some maps?

I figured there would be at least some differences with the different layout, variable valve timing (yeh!) and the drive by wire (booo).

I just wanted to make sure voices are heard so it doesnt get pushed into back burner oblivion. I'm sure you guys will have to be working out the new DOD V8 series pcm differences before you can touch the inliners :'( anyway.

Thanks for the great products. keep up the good work!

yup im still interested in the i6 for the trailblazer
    no real rush though.

Advanced Tuner
    I registered today just so that I could offer support for getting tuning for the I-6.

The wife has a Saab 9-7x with the I-6 and between the electronic TB, and the torque management, the vehicle isn't as enjoyable to drive as it should be.

I'm holding off on purchasing HP tuners for my 2000 T/A (heads, cam, headers, gears etc etc) until I see some sign of who will make a tuner available to the the I-6.

Come on guys, there is a market here for tuning.
    2000 T/A - Thompson Motorsports 416ls3, F1A procharger, HP tuned. Just a couple psi of boost.
    2013 Mercedes C350, wish HPtuners worked.

I'm hoping for a 3 bar SD operating system so I can do something with the Vortec 4200 that's been sitting on a stand for 2 years.

will the I6 be able to be on the serial cable, i dont think i want to switch over to the usb.

Quote Originally Posted by smokinHawk
    will the I6 be able to be on the serial cable, i dont think i want to switch over to the usb.
    No.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    whats the hold up, there's a ton of people on trailvoy.com that would be all over this . I know I'll be adding another vin
    452RWHP-408RWTQ---11.2@120-NA
    75 shot-10.6@129 1.47 60ft.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/b...3b012749e1.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    No.
    bummer

Tuner
    three guys. many things they already have going on. just wait patiently.
    98 Camaro, M6, HPTuners, heads and cam

not to interested any more since i cant get it on my serial cable.

Potential Tuner

Envoy owner here

I am about to tune my 4.2l - well, not me really but somebody!! I have contacted westers and am about to make an appointment since I live close to them, but I saw this mentioned on TrailVoy and to me, after some research, I would love to try the HP tune.

When realistically will this be available - if at all? I will be tuning in the next month before I move and I don't mind waiting on the HP, but not too long.

Thanks!!

working on the I5 & I6 right now, shouldn't be too long, maybe a month, maybe sooner...

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner
    working on the I5 & I6 right now, shouldn't be too long, maybe a month, maybe sooner...

Chris...
    I am very interested in your tune for my 05 Trailblazer 4200 Vortec I6. Can your tune accomodate mods like a CAI, TBS, and Flowmaster 40?

Potential Tuner
    I have done everything but a pcm tune can't wait for more options. being in colorado kills HP at this altitude.
    TBK

Tuner in Training

Chris...
    Wow......thought we were gonna have to wait another year. Can't wait to turn the TM off for the tranny
    452RWHP-408RWTQ---11.2@120-NA
    75 shot-10.6@129 1.47 60ft.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/b...3b012749e1.htm

Potential Tuner

Chris...
    Thi working is worth also for the hummer H3?

Quote Originally Posted by 2balls
    Thi working is worth also for the hummer H3?
    If you mean "will we support the H3?", then yes

Chris..
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    How is the progress on the I6 PCM's coming along? Any timeframe yet?

Thanks,