Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: support for new gm I5/I6 engines comming?

What about the 3.9L V6 in the Pontiac G6s? I got a buddy that just bought one and is interested

Tuner in Training
    Checking in again on I6

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by LSR
    Checking in again on I6
    they are heavily working on it
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Any updates on this yet? Just trying to stay up on when it is going to be ready.

Potential Tuner
    I hope soon, we just bougt a brand new 06 Z71 Colorado, would like to make some changes to it.. maybe use the H3 magnacharger kit on it

Tuner in Training
    It?s been bout 14 years since a post on the i6 turnin capablities with the p10

Advanced Tuner
    Yes you can tune the P10 with HPTuners. I will say, there's not a huge market for a one-off 15-18yr old vehicle and PCM at this point.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Tuner in Training
    In Florida there a dime a dozen my p10 is from another vehicle and it ran fine on 14lbs boost an 50/50 water/meth.got 1000cc injectors and I?m in the process of final build got the 2nd turbo kit bigger turbo an added fmic this time do u have any info on turnin the p10 for boost from the data I read from when I ran it stock jus changed the Injector info via hpt would like any knowledge u have on this no reduced power mode and the map sensor is fine

Tuner in Training
    Just wanted to add to this epic-dated thread as I was also waiting for some tunability for the P10 since I purchased it new in 2002. Enter kids and growing up then you blink and the time has flown by. I bought the HPTuners for other vehicles as well but still drive the 02 Envoy and plan on messing with that somewhat, also looking into a P12 swap.

I agree the platform has aged but holds potential. Glad to be here and hope to learn a lot.

Advanced Tuner
    If you want to boost a P10 and have more control over spark and fuel, my suggestion would be to do a P12 swap. The only way you'll get any airflow or spark tables to work with boost on a P10 will be to do what the 4cyl guys used to do, "hack a 2 bar os" which means halving the table resolution everywhere or letting the PCM run off the end of the tables. The P10 has limited table resolution already, so halving it means you're really really limited. P12's have more resolution and if you want, stick a MAF on and tune MAF-only for fuel (easier for non-boosted applications).

FWIW, I've still got my 02 TB which started my tuning adventure back in early 05. It's at ~195k mi and has been tuned since ~40k iirc. Still gets 5-7k mi a year living out in MT/ID as the tow and winter rig.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Potential Tuner
    vortec 4200 would b great to have more stuff to play with or add