Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HP Tuner for the new Chevy Colorado

Potential Tuner
    Keith will there be an update with some screenshot/options once the release is ready? I ask cause I do not wanna ask a bunch of questions that you will answer anyways during the release.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by soNlow
    Keith will there be an update with some screenshot/options once the release is ready? I ask cause I do not wanna ask a bunch of questions that you will answer anyways during the release.
    what screenshots or options would you like to see exactly?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    I would think soNlow and the rest of us would like to see an example, or examples of how the format/interface of the software actually looks. An example of the prompts we will be seeing on our tuners!

Bill, what I am thinking is, some of our members really don't have a clue what they're getting into...but we all have to start somewhere. For this fact, I was thinking that if you guys could come up with a basic starter procedure...then this might give some of the super-newbs a little more confidence. For example, with the tuner package, have some step by step instructions to achieve basic performance modifications that most members will feel comfortable initiating!? Something they can look at, then follow these basic steps for their first re-program.

Just a thought, and perhaps move some more tuners into the hands of the forum members!

Robert (Sab)

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Glad to see you made it over Bob for now check out their help file at www.hptuners.com/help which has hundreds of screen caps as well as checking out my quick startup guide for the editor which is just a few posts down as it to has dozens of screen caps. Im working on one for the scanner currently as well. Hopefully by the end of week I will have scanned & viewed a half dozen or so colorado's so I'll try and figure out where to start & we can go from there...ever pcm is different & just like you guys I'm completely new to the market so until I see it for my own eyes im in the same position as the 10000 members from coloradofans.com but I'll help out where I can. In the end though there is only so much I(we) can do to guide you guys...there is a user submitted section in the help file were people like you can submit how-to's and if you just post something on here thats noteworthy it will probably get stickied like the 4 cyl how -to at the top of this section. I would suggest reading & asking questions...we've all gotta start somewhere in the learning process.

Potential Tuner
    Oh that's great....once we get comfortable with the tuners, we'll be on our way! That link should help out, and once I can compile enough data, and arrange it in everyday language...I'll start our technical article at ColoradoCanyonFans. It will include clips from HP Tuners, some screenshots, a getting started section...then a section for input from all the members... a technical help desk If I may say!!!

Thanks!
    Robert
    Last edited by Sab; 05-04-2006 at 06:04 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    sounds good...i recommended a tuning section for you guys over on coloradofans hopefully something comes to fruition there rather then posting everything in one section.

Potential Tuner
    Yeah Bill...we're working on it now, and probably have it split into three sections as you have: Engine, Transmission and Miscellaneous. I've PM'd tamaZ71 on which area of the forum we'll put it in, as this will be a rather technical section, with little or no B.S.'ing!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    oh really? i talked to the admin & he said he's not going to create one...well i hope it happens.

Potential Tuner
    We created four threads regarding tuning. they are all available at http://www.coloradofans.com/viewforum.php?f=54.

for now any information on the topic is limited, so much so that it doesnt really warrrant its own subforum. i know that sab has kept in contact with keith, though, and we are in the process of gathering and organizing info on the topic.

if the subject takes off i assume brett may create a subforum for it, but for now the threads that Sab has created are the place to go for Coloradofans users.

Potential Tuner
    "Ditto"...I'm sure, once this tuning venture takes off, we'll eventually HAVE to reformat the topics. For right now, the members of the forum need a specified area to congregate, and a specific area for you and Keith to post the latest information. As usual, there have been some growing pains, as items get shuffled-around...but I believe we'll end up with a format that will please everyone involved in this ground-breaking project!

As usual, foff667....your and Keith's input is vital to the growth of this topic!

Robert (Sab)

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    what screenshots or options would you like to see exactly?

Actually I was wondering if you could show the Torque Management charts? Is it based on RPM, or gearing?(I am guessing RPM/Speed, since gearing is based on that etc..)Wondering what the percentage is in 1st, 2nd, compared to 3rd/4th(where it seems to be the strongest actually cause the truck wants to stall sometimes when passing like it does not know to drop to 2nd or up to 4th)

Also can the program show Air Fuel Spark per gear/rpm? Just curious how rich these trucks are running in stock form, I am guessing very very rich from how people are throwing codes with intake and exhaust only and having black(carbon covered) exhaust tips

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep
    this is a much needed product in the truck-tuner world. thanks for seeing the need. i know hundreds of colorado owners are already looking forward to the purchase of this product. if nothing more than to do away with the acursed 97 mph governor.

Thats cause you shouldn't be going faster than 97 mph.

Spark and few on the LSJ is via RPM / Air Grams/Cylinder (via MAF). I think we have simular PCM's so maybe they operate the same.

The SS/SC doesn't seem to have TCS but we have some maps for TQ/mgt that is based on spark retard and ETC.

HTH
    2005 LS6 CTS-V
    2010 LP9 SRX AWD 2.8T
    SOLD: 2006 Cadillac SRX AWD V6 A5
    SOLD: 2005 Cobalt SS/SC Arrival Blue

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I posted a screenshot of an I5 pe in the thread on coloradofans and at wot it basically commands ~11.3:1 which is a good bit rich...there are dozens of factors for TM.

Tuner
    fofff667 would you agree that there is a set of maps for the % of tq reduction that the tq mgt maps refer to and zero'ing out those maps remove tq reduction entirly.

Like in my ecotec 2.2 there is a spark retard tq reduction map that all the tq management stuff refers too.

I posted the two tq reduction reference maps for the LSJ, hopefully these are closer to the Colorado setup's than the 2.2 ecotec.

If I am off base please someone let me know
    2005 LS6 CTS-V
    2010 LP9 SRX AWD 2.8T
    SOLD: 2006 Cadillac SRX AWD V6 A5
    SOLD: 2005 Cobalt SS/SC Arrival Blue