Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LNF competition mode/traction control enabled at start?

Quote Originally Posted by XXL View Post
    We've got to get the BCM cracked open on the HHR's. After seeing "ESC Active" on the DIC recently, I found out that it's the car's Electronic Stability Control kicking in. And it turns out that ESC "improves" stability by working the brakes on a per-corner basis. I was hammering through some turns at the edge of the tire and I kept feeling pulsing on the inside front wheel... grrrrr. It's not a stability issue when you've got at least 3 wheels on the ground.

To disable, you hold down the TC button for 10 seconds. Unfortunately, that circuit resets on each ignition cycle and any time you tap the TC button again.

So that makes 3 things I'd like to be able to control programmatically--

Disable ESC
    Default to Comp Mode
    Default to driving lights on
    No reason to crack the BCM, you can just emulate the buttons through the SW CAN bus. I've already mapped out a few of the buttons, but school has taken priority right now.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by fr0stb1t3 View Post
    No reason to crack the BCM, you can just emulate the buttons through the SW CAN bus. I've already mapped out a few of the buttons, but school has taken priority right now.
    I understand (and have read your other posts in this thread), but 1) your focus is on school, and 2) I'd rather have a "native" solution over an emulator any day. The reality, however, is that your emulation may still come sooner than a code crack to the BCM... so I'm hoping your school wraps up soon

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by XXL View Post
    We've got to get the BCM cracked open on the HHR's. After seeing "ESC Active" on the DIC recently, I found out that it's the car's Electronic Stability Control kicking in. And it turns out that ESC "improves" stability by working the brakes on a per-corner basis. I was hammering through some turns at the edge of the tire and I kept feeling pulsing on the inside front wheel... grrrrr. It's not a stability issue when you've got at least 3 wheels on the ground.

To disable, you hold down the TC button for 10 seconds. Unfortunately, that circuit resets on each ignition cycle and any time you tap the TC button again.

So that makes 3 things I'd like to be able to control programmatically--

Disable ESC
    Default to Comp Mode
    Default to driving lights on
    When this is developed I'd like to get on the list for this as well. I do the same thing when I drive my HHR.

I have new hardware coming in tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how it goes. I have a friend that said he's willing to help expedite the process. Any other feature requests you guys would like to see?

Hmm, default to driving lights on, I'm assuming this is for vehicles that don't automatically turn them on?

Advanced Tuner
    Any news on this yet? I know a place called KPTechnologies makes a memory for TC buttons, I wonder if it would work on ours...

Advanced Tuner
    Sick of having to push your TC button twice to get to Comp mode? Don't have 10 seconds to waste holding it to turn off ESC? Forget to turn TC off at the track? If so, listen up.

I contacted a company by the name of KPTechnologies about a memory switch they make for traction control buttons. The problem is, their current one will not work with our type of switch. BUT, if I can stir up 20 people's interest in the product, they will develop one. They said it is possible to make one, but a custom, one off would cost $300. If I can get 20 people, the cost will be around $45.

What this will do is remember the last way you had the switch, for instance, you like driving around in comp mode, if you turn your car off in comp mode, it will be in comp mode when you start it, then of course, you will still be able to turn on traction control with another push of the button, or turn ESC off the same way. Or, if you like driving with no nanny, you turn ESC off, turn the car off, and it will be that way when you turn it on, etc...

So, you know what to do, let's start a list:

1) Mkriebs

Any news?

Advanced Tuner
    I did this (link). It was very simple, and it works great! Thinking about doing the same thing to my fog light switch too!

Potential Tuner

esc disabled

I would like to thank you all for making this mode known , (ESC disabled). Guess I did not read my owners manual well enough to find this. After having the gm stage kit installed I experianced tourqe steering in a bad way. Even changed tire size to help gain traction (Nitto 245/40/18), but still felt like I was driving a slot car. Disabling ESC has completly rid me of this effect, and the drive-ability and fun factor has increased to a new level. Will be seriously thinking of installing the circuit mentioned by mkriebs. Thank you again

Advanced Tuner
    You're welcome, glad I could help.

Advanced Tuner
    Your fog lights don't come on with the head lights stock because you're not supposed to drive around with them on all the time (in some states its illegal) since it blinds people, especially people in trucks.
    1994 Mazda Miata turbo, aero, hoosiers Class=SSM

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!