Thread: Editor AFR Settings

Editor AFR Settings

There are a few different AFR settings in the editor. Power Enrichment Base AFR vs. ECT, COT Air Flow Ratio, different startup AFR corrections. Where do you suggest I set these?
    2000 NavyBlueMetallic GTP Coupe 14.007 @98.5 - New time coming soon!
    HPTuners / Intercooler / 1.8 SLP Rockers / 3.1" / 180° / TB Shield / FWI / PLOG / Jimmy-C Downpipe / U-Bend Delete / Taurus Fan / Alt. rewire / FP rewire / F-Body Brakes / Buick Strut Braces / SLP Tips / 20% Tint

Thanks for the quick move, Mods!
    Last edited by JoshMcMadMac; 10-08-2008 at 08:17 AM.
    HPTuners / Intercooler / 1.8 SLP Rockers / 3.1" / 180° / TB Shield / FWI / PLOG / Jimmy-C Downpipe / U-Bend Delete / Taurus Fan / Alt. rewire / FP rewire / F-Body Brakes / Buick Strut Braces / SLP Tips / 20% Tint

Power Enrich vs RPM vs time.... and/or Power Enrich "Base AFR vs ECT".

I'll try my best to explain.

the "PE vs RPM vs time" adds on to the PE "base AFR vs ECT" acording to rpm's and time.... let's say in the PE "Base AFR vs Engine Coolant Temp" under a given engine coolant temp you have the value of 13 afr, and the "PE vs RPM vs time" table sais -1 in the 5000rpm boxes... so when you are in power enrich at 5000 rpm your air fuel ratio command will be 13 - 1 = 12 afrc.

your car goes into PE mode acording to the throttle position and rpms in the "HOT" table.

I have my PE kick in at 25% throttle and I use the "add vs tps" table to gradually lean out the PE from 70% - 25% throttle position.

the "add vs TPS" can be used only to lean out the power enrich according to throttle position.

my suggestion is to set the HOT PE table somewhere around 50% TPS and not worry about the "add vs TPS" table.

all this info I got from the VCM suite editor sub-titles and "F1" help.

Well thanks, but I was not looking to hear what the settings are. I am looking for input on actual settings for the AFR. I will definitely take the values you listed into consideration!

Advanced Tuner
    The cot & startup afr settings I wouldn't change from stock. Your better off disabling cot. As far as the base pe, from what I've read the ideal for a forced induction car is 11.5:1. You could try that and see how your car responds as far as knock goes. My car likes 11.3:1. It knocks when I try anything leaner.
    2005 Grand Prix GTP
    My CarDomain Page

I have the base pe afr around 11.6 and the pe add vs. rpm vs. time is zeroed out completely. With the MAF tuned properly, I have been able to run 11.2-11.4 at the start of each gear, and then it leans out to 11.6 by the end of the gear. I was going to tweak the MAF and add vs. rpm vs. time tables at the track last night, but ran into my MAF maxed problem. The COT and startup tables I left stock.

2000 Regal GS | Twin-Charged T72 | HPT Pro + PLX Wideband | 12.55 @ 110 on 15psi | Now running 20psi on E85!

1998 5.9L Durango | Powerdyne supercharger @6psi | Mesa Headers | Gibson Cat-back | 1.7 RR's | Tuned PCM | Ported Heads | Custom TB & Intake | Custom fuel rails | Rebuild coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by JoshMcMadMac View Post
    There are a few different AFR settings in the editor. Power Enrichment Base AFR vs. ECT, COT Air Flow Ratio, different startup AFR corrections. Where do you suggest I set these?
    Read this thread for more info. As for the COT, just max the enable temp.
    I haven't had a reason to change the Start Up AFR Correction tables.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...oop+maf+tuning

Russ Kemp

What happens that it's recomended to "up" the COT temp. I've heard of this and read a couple things, but couldn't really understand why upping this value helps. Or something like, even if you "up" it, there's something else that can still affects things? I know that sounds like a pile of nothing, hence, I don't really know about it :P

Krunch
    2002 Monte Carlo SS "Project Intimidator"

[*DHP PowerTuner*] [L36] [180 TStat] [ZZP HVTB] [HV3] [Resonator & U-Bend Delete] [Carsound Hi Flow Cat] [Corsa Catback] [P&P OEM Manifolds] [Precision PT61] [ZZP Trans] [3000 Stall] [2.93 Gears] [F-Body Calipers] [Water-To-Air IC] [AFCO Ford SVT HE] [IAT Post-IC] [Bosch IC Pump] [9.5L System Fluid Capacity]

Quote Originally Posted by krunchss View Post
    What happens that it's recomended to "up" the COT temp. I've heard of this and read a couple things, but couldn't really understand why upping this value helps. Or something like, even if you "up" it, there's something else that can still affects things? I know that sounds like a pile of nothing, hence, I don't really know about it :P

Krunch
    Do not feel bad, you are not alone.

Advanced Tuner
    The way I understand it is you raise the COT temp to avoid going into cat protection mode. Cat protection mode will screw with your a/f ratio and it's not something that you want to happen when your wot.
    2005 Grand Prix GTP
    My CarDomain Page