Thread: '97 GTP Start-Up "chug"

Potential Tuner

'97 GTP Start-Up "chug"

I don't have many idle options that I can see supported for my vehicle and have a small issue.

As the car warms up from being cold, everything is good. Once the car is warm and desired idle speed is low for a cammed up car, the car will rev right as the car start and then try to quickly ease into a low desired idle speed. And die. I can stop this by just carcking the throttle a tiny bit for the first second of start up. ...but I just want to fix that.

Is there a setting you guys are aware of for a '97 Grand Prix that will hold the throttle for second at warm start up? I want the desired idle RPM because that shows off the cam.

-Scott

Have you tried opening the throttle blade by just a hair with the adjusting screw?
    2.8/3.0/3.2 Pulley/ZZP CAI/1.6 HS Rockers/Hi Energy Comp Cam 76-802-9/LS7 Lifters/ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler/TOG Headers/Triple Edge Performance Stage 3 Transmission/3.29 Ratio/NGK TR6ix IRIDIUM .40 GAP/ZZP Fuel Rails/ZEX 100 shot NOS/GMPP Sway Bars/KYB Adjustable Struts/Power Stop Performance Pads/Rotors

Potential Tuner
    No and actually the LS1 TB (sorry that I don't have a list of my mods up I forgot how on this forum) the linkage get hund ever so slightly open some times. When this happens the car is unable to idle down. So I don't think that will work. It would be great if I could do that and then as the PCM to bring it back down....and it probably should after a little time.

I'm thinking about playing with the Start Up AFR correction and decay rates to see if that will help. Just copy what I have at cold temps and see what happens. Can't see it hurting anything. Do you guys? It is only a few seconds anyway.