Thread: Trailblazer SS 06 tune suggestions.

Trailblazer SS 06 tune suggestions.

I'm pretty new with the HPT and GM world, VCM software is great but I must say that the scanner is simply amazing.

Now, I have a Trailblazer SS 06, one of the only two there are in the country, with kooks LT's and K&N intake.

Plan to do the MAF and PE tuning among other things.

Any tips or suggestions from someone that already had done this SUV's?

How much timing are they capable of with 91oct?

Tuner
    Did you buy it with the kooks and intake already installed? post present tune and scan with WOT scan.

The car has a predator installed, that I actually played with it a little and got it better, the guy that installed it was totally clueless. So it just have the stock tune.

Take this from Arizona temps that hit 121 degrees F and my IAT's stock have been 161.

Sorry to bust your bubble, but loose the K&N underhood hot air intake unless you get the poor thing some true cold air. A cowl induction hood is a plus for cold air. The IAT tables will pull timing like crazy for hot air. In fact the engine just flat lines over 3K with hot intake air on a stock tune. I think about 87 degrees outside makes the IAT retard start due to the temp of the intake air. You do not want to feed it under hood hot air at all. 91 Octane isn't high enough to push this engine with timing. You will have to cut timing in places to keep KR down. Hot dry air makes your tune job worse. Yes, you can and should mess with the IAT tables. Yes you will hear audible knock and better back out of it when you do because these engines don't take a lot of knock. The stock tune has a lot of KR, but it pulls a lot of timing for a long time when it hears the knock going on.

Someone converted BBA's tune for the 2006, but BBA is a 93 octane tune. Adjust the timing from KR logs and you should be able to use it.

Ok, will try to port BBA's to a '06 and go from there. thanks.