Thread: need pro tuner help!

Tuner in Training

need pro tuner help!

hi guys. im needing some advice. ive attatched my scan and tune below. i did russ k's open loop maf tuning and had great success with it. i got the part throttle trims almost perfect. my question is about the wot portion. my maf was so badly calibrated it used to give me 7:1 ratio wot which was awful for power. i currently have it giving my about 10.5:1 so i need to calibrate it a little further. problem is that i think im maxing my LQ4 maf out at about 14 psi. is this normal? im getting about 8 degrees of knock while commanded 17 degrees of timing which isnt good at all and im afraid if i get it to 11.5:1 its gonna be even worse. i run 60* injectors and the car is a turbocharged 97 GTP. if u could look at my scan and tune and give me some advice id appreciate it. i just want to get this thing working.

Advanced Tuner
    Are you sure your wideband is reading correctly? I see it reading 10.x but your O2's are in the 800's and your injector duty cycle is less than 50%. What kind of wideband do you have? Have you calibrated it? Are you sure you're using the right formula to figure out the a/f ratio?
    2005 Grand Prix GTP
    My CarDomain Page

Tuner in Training
    wideband is a lm-1. yes i have calibrated it. the commanded and the wideband read almost identical when i did my part throttle tuning.

Tuner in Training
    anybody?

I'm wondering about the accuracy of your wideband as well. When I ran 14psi and afr was 11.5, my IPW's were about 13 on 60# injectors. IPW's of 11 just seems a little low to get low 10's afr. I wonder if you are actually running too lean, and that is the cause of the KR. When your wideband was reading 7:1, did you smell gas, or see fouling on the plugs? That would be so rich, I'm not even sure how the car would run.

Maxing an LQ4 at 14psi is normal. If you read my recent post, I was running 14.5psi and maxing the MAF. Time to start looking for an AFC.

2000 Regal GS | Twin-Charged T72 | HPT Pro + PLX Wideband | 12.55 @ 110 on 15psi | Now running 20psi on E85!

1998 5.9L Durango | Powerdyne supercharger @6psi | Mesa Headers | Gibson Cat-back | 1.7 RR's | Tuned PCM | Ported Heads | Custom TB & Intake | Custom fuel rails | Rebuild coming soon...