Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Truck Owners

Senior Tuner

Truck Owners

I was curious, how many truck owners do we have here doing there own tuning? I know of (Magic) Chicken, but that is it. If you have a truck and are tuning it, post up your info for me please.

1999 GMC Sierra
    Factory Stock
    ECSB 4L60E 3.73
    Tow Package

Tuner in Training

Re: Truck Owners

whats up

03 rcsb 5.3 2wd

you a member at tech?

Tuner

2004 1500 raised up w/ 35's
    98 Camaro, M6, HPTuners, heads and cam

Tuner in Training

2003 GMC Sierra 4WD RCSB
    4.8L engine, 4L60E trans., 3.73 G80 axle

Mods:
    Gibson headers, Flowmaster catback w/ fake duals
    Magnaflow muffler 22", single in dual out
    Flexalite 292 e-fans w/ Delta Current Control Speed Controller
    Pioneer radio w/ CD player
    Magnacharger RADIX roots blower w/ intercooler
    GM factory fender flares painted gloss black
    Canopy made by some company I can't remember now

(Can you tell I'm single? )

Got the HPTuners mostly to:

1: Learn about tuning.
    2: Adjust the idle (Radix tune was too fast).
    3: Tweak some of the transmission calibration settings.
    2003 GMC 1500 rcsb 4WD. LQ4, radix @ 7 psi, FLT Level 5 trans., 3.73 axle, 265 - 75 X 17 tires. Needs more bling.

Senior Tuner

Yup, I am on LS1Tech, as well as LS1 and LS2.

Not many of us truck owner/modifiers in here huh? :-/

Tuner in Training

Another one!

2002 Avalanche 5.3l, Kenne Bell Supercharger. SLP 1.85:1 rockers. Dynatech Supermax headers in front of Borla Catback. Water/Alch injection. Electric fans.

kw

Tuner in Training

hey im on tech. i havent bought the software yet, but i just purchased a laptop for it.

a Dell 8600.

hows the software been treating the truck guys so far?

2k silverado 5.3

radix supercharged
    2k Silverado 5.3 -- radix supercharged, TOG long-tubed, Yank TT3000, Billet Servos, eaton posi\'d, 4.10\'d, nelson tuned, 160 degreed, tranny cooled, magnaflowed, hotchkis\'d 2/4, and 20\'d.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Quote Originally Posted by onyx
    hey im on tech. i havent bought the software yet, but i just purchased a laptop for it.

a Dell 8600.

2k silverado 5.3

radix supercharged
    badzracing has a 99 silverado 4.8 with a procharger...im helping him as is his cousin but he bought the program if that counts im just taking anything i help him with as a learning experience since ive never worked on a forced induction car/truck other then my own gtp.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by onyx

a Dell 8600.

2k silverado 5.3

radix supercharged
    The software has been great! Paid for itself about 3X over by diagnosing a screwup in the Magnacharger tune which could have cost me my transmission. I do this kind of thing at work on Class 8 (i.e. 18 wheeler) trucks, and I wish the software we had was as powerful and easy to use.

Unfortunately I can't say the same for the laptops. The first one died (had trouble with it since the day I bought it in 2002 so prob. good riddance) and the second one sometimes has trouble finding the USB-Serial adapter. Not an HPTuners problem but one between the adapter and the PC.

Back on subject. Yes, I strongly recommend HPTuners. Believe me, if you buy it you won't regret it.
    2003 GMC 1500 rcsb 4WD. LQ4, radix @ 7 psi, FLT Level 5 trans., 3.73 axle, 265 - 75 X 17 tires. Needs more bling.

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by GMC_DUDE

The software has been great! Paid for itself about 3X over by diagnosing a screwup in the Magnacharger tune which could have cost me my transmission. I do this kind of thing at work on Class 8 (i.e. 18 wheeler) trucks, and I wish the software we had was as powerful and easy to use.

Unfortunately I can't say the same for the laptops. The first one died (had trouble with it since the day I bought it in 2002 so prob. good riddance) and the second one sometimes has trouble finding the USB-Serial adapter. Not an HPTuners problem but one between the adapter and the PC.

Back on subject. Yes, I strongly recommend HPTuners. Believe me, if you buy it you won't regret it.
    what was the screw up with the magna tune?.. i have a radix, and dont want to fall into the same category.
    2k Silverado 5.3 -- radix supercharged, TOG long-tubed, Yank TT3000, Billet Servos, eaton posi\'d, 4.10\'d, nelson tuned, 160 degreed, tranny cooled, magnaflowed, hotchkis\'d 2/4, and 20\'d.

im here.
    -Ryan

2002 ECSB
    Radix 3.0"
    220/226 548/575 114LSA
    TOG Headers

Tuner in Training

Onyx,

They took out all but about 2% of the 1-2 shift TM. The result was that at WOT the trans would take a full second to do the shift, with the 2nd gear clutch fighting and slipping against the torque while trying to engage. I put back the stock TM which sucks, but at least my trans is protected for now. In time I will try reducing the TM while increasing the clutch apply pressure, hoping to get a good compromise.

Two other areas they messed up in a less serious manner are:

1: For some reason (smog?) they increased the idle by 50-75 RPM, resulting in a "runaway" feeling. Returning to stock fixed the problem.

2: At highway speeds the TCC unlocks at the slightest throttle pressure. Tried the stock TCC map which was yuck :P, but I like how it works in T/H mode, so I might copy that map over.

Anyway I am very glad to have HPTuners, which allows me to adjust these parameters. Thanks for a great product, guys!!

Just got the software in the mail today. now need to read up on what to change and what not to change.

Senior Tuner

Wow, a lot of blown... uhm, supercharger guys. Some of you are very serious in your mods, I plan on possibly adding a full exhaust (LTs and Catback) as well as an intake. Other than that I will optimize it for maximum fuel mileage and towing ability. I am going to try to work that out with the tow/haul mode. ;D

Tuner

Just got my tuner suite Tuesday. Have tuned my LT1 TA in the past with tunercat, and my truck has a predator tune which I am disecting as we speak, they pulled alot of TM out which I swear they say they don't. I am
    changing the trans temp alarm temp as soon as I get a read for my trans temp when towing with the scanner, the reduce that alarm setting from it's current 279F , which in my book is too late to warn, I think over 225F the trans fluid is losing life.
    2004 Chevy 1500 CC 5.3L 2000 Pontiac GA 3.4L 1995 Pontiac TA LT1 1997 Camaro 3.8L

Senior Tuner

Hmm, that's an interesting idea. I never thought of doing that.

Potential Tuner

2nd Post for me.

From LS1Tech

00 RCSB Sierra 5.3 4:10's
    04 Tahoe 5.3

Tuner

:huh2 :04 GMC RCSB 5.3
    Radix soon to be installed. Waiting for someone to convince me to get HP Tuners over Flashscan.

:huh2:

Potential Tuner

I have a 98 L29 (7.4L) K2500 Suburban with a banks power pack on it. This product seems to be just what I am looking for if only I could find out if it is compatible with the ECU.

Does anyone know of a product that supports this version of GM engine?

I plan on doing some valve train mods, improve air flow, and eventually install forced induction but I would rather have more immediate control over what its doing with something like an HP unit.
    2004 Mazda 6s Sport Wagon AT (3.0L Duratec)&&2004 Mazda RX-8 GT MT (1.3L Rotary)&&1998 GMC K2500 Suburban (7.4L Vortec w/ Banks Power pack)

Tuner in Training

I have an 01 RCSB 4x4 4L60E. Right now I am doing a 4.8l to heads/cam/stall 6.0l.

Lots of good info here..
    1999 Camaro SS
    [email protected]