Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Truck Owners

Advanced Tuner
    I am just getting started. I have a lot to learn!

I hear ya there truckmann... it's fun, challenging and frustrating all at the same time lol.
    2001 Silverado Z71 4x4
    5.3 with Stock 4L60E
    Z06 Cam, S&B Intake, JBA Headers, Magnaflow Cats, Corsa Cat Back, LS1 Fans, Tuned with HP Tuners.
    Current Best: 14.92 @ 93mph

Im tuning the four trucks just in my family along with a few buddies as well...I would love to try my Dads vette but hes happy with his Nelson tune for now,but Im buggin the shit out of him to let me tune it with his spare PCM.If you dont like it, Ill put the other back in!Grouchy old fart and his damn plastic car..LOL

Potential new HP Tuner owner, doing some homework before jumping in. So far I like what I see. Any pluses or minuses to HP Tuners? Have atruck to.

mjbell1
    "Blacky" 2005 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab V6 4.3L
    MSD 6A Ignition, Coil, Cap/Rotor, 8.5mm Wires
    K&N Cold Air Package, Cat-Back Dual Exhausts
    CFM Tech. Bored/Ported/Polished Throttle Body
    Thermostat 180 Degree, Fuel Pressure Gauge

mjbell1

Tuner in Training
    Well, living in MN with only one vehicle, for now its a truck. Drive an F-body in the winter and people will flame. The 10-bolt and 4l60 suck, so I'm not real eager to wreck them. Its cold out, so I haven't put the LC-1 with XD-16 in yet, so its just been logging so far, but very cool. Um, all ++++'s, but not sure for the V6,s and haven't even looked at EFI-Live (SP) and really had no interest.

Seriously considering a HPT purchase, there's a big learning curve with this
    program due to its complexity, as well changing one parameter potentially
    changes or influences others.

Hopefully we have enough experienced guys to help out us newbies

mjbell1

mjbell1

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mjbell1
    Potential new HP Tuner owner, doing some homework before jumping in. So far I like what I see. Any pluses or minuses to HP Tuners? Have a truck to.

mjbell1

Pluses:
    Better driveability
    More power
    Safer Power
    At times better gas mileage
    Etc ...

Minuses:
    Once you start tuning, you can't stop
    Tire wear out faster

Signed: HPTuners Junkie

Potential Tuner
    2003 Chevy Silverado, ext cab, 4x4, 5.3L V8, auto trans, 4.88 gears all round, 6" lift, 35" tires, custom exhaust, K&N Air Filter. I love this truck...been a great truck for us in Utah and on the east coast. Can't wait to tweak it with my new TUNER!!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 12secSS
    Minuses:
    Once you start tuning, you can't stop
    Tire wear out faster
    Agree whole-heartedly!

'86 Silverado C10 - 5.3L / 4L60E... had HPT for some time now, and starting over to tune the RIGHT way. Looking to purchase my first wideband within a week or so. I have the MPVI Std version, and am looking to log the wb's output, but don't have the Pro. I think I have another way of measuring using a 5V reference. I'll see how this theory pans out.

BTW... just noticed that this is an OLD thread!
    **Capt. Ron - 7th Dist. Fire**

Tuner in Training
    2007, nbs, Silverado, 4.8, reg cab, stock.
    I bought the truck and HPTuners about 8 mths ago. Steep learning curve for an
    low tech guy. Truck is just about perfect with trans tune. Eng. tune coming along slowly. When i get the gen4 figured out i will start on the mods.

07 5.3 Truck Tune

Does anyone have a 07 GMC Truck tune with slight modifications? I am trying to figure all of this stuff out but until I get a grip on what to change and what not to change I am stuck. What I would like to see is one for a stock truck with the torque management adjusted, the delay in the throttle removed, and maybe a little timing adjustments made. I have looked at the stickies and need a little boost to get me started.
    Thanks Bob

Or if someone will let me know what they started adjusting first that might help too. I did adjust the DOD to 15% so it would stay engaged a little longer.

Tuner in Training
    2007 NNBS GMC Sierra RCSB 5.3 flexfuel, 4L60e, 3.73's, stock right now.

Bought HPTuners for my own interest, the ability to tone down torque management, up the power, ability to scan vehicles for codes, possibly mileage gains (DOD) and future mods of which I am not sure yet (lots of options). Steep learning curve for sure but very interesting, also fun.
    2007 Sierra RCSB 5.3 (for now)

Tuner in Training
    Mine is a 99 rcsb 4x4 3.73 gears g80(for now)
    6.0l all forged short block(low compression)
    WCCH stage II 6.0 heads
    Crane 212/218-558/563@114*
    OBX lt headers w/ ory
    FLT level 5 4l60

It has 9.3:1 compression, because after I get my tuning practice in on the N/A motor, I am putting an Eaton TVS supercharger on. I also want to wait, and see if there are any bugs to be worked out of the TVS package before I put one on my quite pricy investment. It is pretty fun now, but I think when I am done it will be pretty darn fast.

Tuner in Training
    2006 GMC Sierra
    LS2 Swap
    X1 Cam
    Pacesetter Longtubes
    Outlaw Intake
    Etc.

Soon
    LS6 Cam
    76MM Front mount
    misc. stuff

Tuner in Training
    I have bee working on this POS for the last 4 years. I have a whole 17,000 miles on it with 1000 on the new motor

2003 chev 6.0 HP tuners, sts turbo, gt-67, 42lb injectors, walbro fuel pump, FMIC, custom dual 2 1/2" exhaust, diamond forged pistons, balanced, Dynojet WB, stock 4L80, straight axle with 18" of lift, 44" tires and 5:13 gears. www.ktperformance.com

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting "HOLY SHIT, WHAT A RIDE!"

Tuner

I have a 2005 SilveradoV6 4.3, with mods. Plan
    on buying tuner when I digest some of the info
    and techniques shown in the forum. Should be
    a learning experience.

mjbell1

mjbell1

03 Silverado 5.3 Ext Cab 2wd. Plan on getting as much mpg out of it as possible, then getting back to the car. We have a new 1/4 track opening this year and I want to have the truck towing the car there.
    89 Camaro RS Vert
    03 Silverado 5.3

Tuner in Training
    Wow, old post.

Anyway, my new project is a 408 with nitrous in my SS Silverado. Been on here reading and learning for a while now. I anticipate being on here alot more when the new motor is in.

Old set-up was a cammed Radix LQ9.
    2003 silverado SS, 11.72 @ 114.

Potential Tuner
    408 in a 00 Silverado Z71 with rear mount on about 12-13 psi with meth. Have done all of my own tuning to this point. Still need to hit a dyno to get it fine tuned.