Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Truck Owners

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jalleva
    I am from Anchorage, and so is the other poster. I heard it has been pretty cold this winter. "Only" -10 or so for us.
    Are you guys still around? I'm down here in anchorage aswell.

I've been busy lately with 2 SS Silvys one has a heads cam set up and the other has a magna charger on it. I deal with alot of trucks up here, trying to get a small set up going on out of my garage. I have an 03 Silvy myself, 3" lift, 33's, and exhaust.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Tuner
    07 Avalanche 5.3 3.73
    K&N 63 CAI
    FM 50 Delta Flow

Working on increasing time spent in DOD (65 mile commute)

So far pretty happy but a steep learning curve. You have to look at it as a hobby, either you enjoy learning new stuff or you should buy a handheld and hope someone else knows your truck better than you do.

Next on the list is a WB for WOT tuning.
    07 Avalanche Exhaust & CAI

99 K2500 454 Suburban....

Talk about a WAKEUP in power! This thing is an animal.....

Quote Originally Posted by 12secSS
    I was curious, how many truck owners do we have here doing there own tuning? I know of (Magic) Chicken, but that is it. If you have a truck and are tuning it, post up your info for me please.

1999 GMC Sierra
    Factory Stock
    ECSB 4L60E 3.73
    Tow Package

Trucked to

Good to see other truck enthusiest out there. Remember we can bring our spare parts with us.
    KM
    2005 Chevy Crew Cab s/b
    Vortech blown 5.3/air to water IC/finish line 4l80e/ stall / Running on E98 ethanol
    2008 Silverado- Vortech VL Twin screw supercharger. SEMA 2008 Vortec Engineering Booth

4.3L Chevy Blazer

Just started working on it. Really just trying to get better MPG as it is my daily drive. Plan on trying to set up a make shift lean cruise. Should be interesting.
    2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
    3.6 V6
    More MODs than Stock

2018 Ram rebel
    5.7 Hemi V8
    Stock

Potential Tuner
    I'm here, I know you're all excited to hear it.

Just reading and learning for now, I've made some minor changes here and there to improve driveability over my poor mail order tune.

'04 Colorado regular cab, ZQ8 I5/AT

1991 GMC Syclone

I am in the middle of an engine swap Installing a LQ4 with a S400 Turbo. Should be able to turn it over with the key and have fuel pressure this weekend. We will see. Motor is out of a 2000 GMC 2500 4x4 w/4L80E. Tons of pics/videos/Etc. in the link in my signature if your interested.

I am going to order my HP Tuners stuff here in the next couple days. I am not new at tuning, just new to this software.

Thanks all,
    Will
    1991 Syclone
    ** Single Turbo LSX build **
    ( http://www.502streetscene.net/forum/...ad.php?t=98463 )

Tuner in Training
    Another truck here....although tuner i am not, student maybe, albeit a poor one.
    2005 SIERRA [email protected] CLICK PIC FOR MODS

566/613My other ride is a '91 Electraglide custom.

Advanced Tuner
    Hello all you truck guys

I think I posted in this thread a long time ago, but I'm still here and while I'm still learning I sure know a lot more than when I started...

Tuner in Training
    May as well check myself in on the truck thead as well. I have an '05 Silverado LS 4x4/2500HD/ECSB/6.0 . I got the HP to tune a TT GTO I put together for a friend and it has been permanetly attached to my truck ever since.

I was happy to put down 284 RWHP on a Mustang chassis dyno recently on my completely stock (other than HP) 300 flywheel rated truck. Tuned on the butt dyno and just strapped it down for 2 pulls at a dyno day out of curiosity. Now, on to seeing if I can improve towing fuel economy any.

2005 3/4 ton Avalanche (8.1 liter)
    looking for fuel mileage w/o sacraficing HP and TQ

I'll be doing an 03 Avalanche here shortly, the guy just got it and is esablishing a baseline mpg first.

Tuner in Training
    Doing something a bit different with my truck. 2003 Sierra 1500 2wd, short box, extended cab 4.3l V6. I bought the truck solely for the purpose of proving a point. I don't need another truck, just got it as an exercise. My goal is to get over 30 imperial mpg, on propane, at "reasonable" highway speeds, and still have acceptable power. Propane here is roughly half the price of 87 octane gas. I installed a TechnoCarb universal V6 vapourous propane digital injection kit, that piggybacks (Highjacks) the GM vcm injector pulses. The kit has been installed, and is working great. I was told "you can't put propane injection on the 4.3, 'cause the injectors are under the plastic intake". First order of business....prove that wrong. While in there, tossed out the lousy, leaky intake manifold gaskets, (Mr. GM, you can thank me now, another warranty claim you won't need to address.) ported the manifold and upgraded the camshaft to the '92-'95 HO shaft. Now, I plan to use HPT to fine tune the vcm, and extract all I can out of the truck. At the moment, it will run from a stock 4.8 V8 4X4, and has silenced all the local critics of the lowly V6. Exhaust emissions are way down too. I'd be interested to hear from any other 4.3 guys, who are tweaking their trucks. Down the road, when I run out of tuning options, I have a complete turbo set up from a Typhoon. Then I'll be aiming for the Vortec Max boys............
    Last edited by turbine guy; 04-22-2008 at 06:10 PM.
    2006 Trailblazer SS. 2005 Sierra Denali, liquid propane injection.

Sounds like a neat project! Got any picts of what it looks like?

How do you get the propane, just have a tank in back? How do you fill it?

If I could do it to my LT1 I would look at it. I run E85 soley due to the cheaper price (>$1 a gallon cheaper right now!) and only 2-3 mpg loss tops compared to my best gas mpg. 3 is a bad day.... Still I am saving $19 per 500 miles driven just to run E85. Crazy not to....

Tuner in Training
    pm'ed you.
    2006 Trailblazer SS. 2005 Sierra Denali, liquid propane injection.

Tuner in Training
    I, too, am one of the "truck" guys with an '01 4.8 scsb silverado. It has an 11 lb boost powerdyne, 8.1 injectors, 90 mm TB, magnaflow catbacks, wideband PLX and a few other odds and ends. Performance is great, but am stuck on how to get a lean cruise with my HPTuner. I should not have to suffer 11-12 AFR at a steady cruise speed. Suggestions???? Thanks for your input...

Jeep Grand Cherokee (5.2L/318cui), 2" Lifted. As soon as HPTuners supports these Vehicles, the 318 grows to 390cui.
    '97 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ, 5.2L (Canada Import), 2" Lift
    (CAI, Modded Kegger, Ported TB, 3" Cat-Back, SCT Custom Tune)

'98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited ZG, 5.9 V8, Stock

'03 Skoda Fabia, 1.4L 16v

'98 Chevrolet Camaro V6, 3.8L, Targa, ZZP GT1 Cam, Dynomax Cat-Back [sold]

Tuner in Training
    99 xcab here stocker with an exhaust. 5.3L, 4l60, Eaton LSD 3.73, HPT Pro of course. Recent graduate of EFI Universitys ACP got the HPT to play with and familiarize on my pickup to provide better service to customers. May just save me a motor as it appears to have ratted out new aftermarket fuel pumps inability to keep up at this point. Old pump smoked due to broken wiring by drivers body mount.
    Will be checking out and see if its wiring or pump issue in the next day or two. Best place for decent pumps anyone??? Its just a stock truck its supposed to pull a trailer and looked pretty and I made the mistake of thinking a cheapie aftermarket pump would do it

Tuner
    93 C1500 ECSB GenIII 408/4L80E conversion running 8 flat thanks to Farmtruc's speed density tune. Shooting for low 7s and maybe high 6s if I can figure this nitrous stuff out!

2004 Silverado 4.3L/4L60E