Page 73 of 115 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 2289

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Potential Tuner
    Hi, Rick from Granite city il. Work at a steel mill for a living .Work on cars for a hobby . I have build several cars start to finish, but have always stayed clear of electronics.It is something unfamiliar to me . Bought the HP tuners to turn off the D.o.D. System in my dads 07 silverado . we tore the truck down for cam and lifter swap and had it back together for a month before we could get it running . while troubleshooting it .. i have become more familiar with it and am going with my first Ls build ,an 06 express van drivetrain in my sons 70 GMC shortbed.I think with a Mitchel wiring diagram , lots of forum crawling , and several calls for a lifeline , i can make it happen . Thanks in the advance for any assistance .

Potential Tuner
    Hello all, my name is Ryan Sullivan I am in digital marketing up in the Boston area. Currently have a 2012 jeep wrangler with a 6.0 LS and 6L90e transmission... hoping to learn alot about what HP tuners can do here

Potential Tuner Lenza Powerchips's Avatar
    Hello friends reading
    I AM THE LENZA AND TALK OF BRAZIL
    I'M WITH A GM CAMARO SS V8 YEAR 2010 6.2 L 406 HPS WITH SUPERCHARGER WHIPPLE INSTALLED BY ANOTHER COMPANY AND IN ANOTHER CITY OF BRAZIL.
    I'M IN TROUBLE
    I DO NOT KNOW THE MPVI2 I HAVE BUILT AND THE CAMARO IS WITH THE MAP OF THE ELECTRONIC INJECTION SYSTEM IN THE ORIGINAL STANDARD ECU. I DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING OF THE MPVI2 AND THE CAR HAS TO BE TUNED AND ADJUSTED FOR 85 OCTANAS GASOLINE FUEL.
    TO IMPROVE IT HAS PROBLEMS IN THE ORIGINAL SYSTEM.
    I DO THE LOGS OF THE VCM BUT I DO NOT EVALUATE .. I DO NOT KNOW READ AND DISCOVER WHAT IS WRONG.

I WANTED TO DISCOVER A HANDBOOK ON HOW TO USE MPVI2 AND HOW TO USE VCM LOG

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME?

Potential Tuner
    Hello all; My name is Nick and I am from North central Arkansas. My 2005 Chevy SS truck has been to a at least half a dozen tuners and i am still not happy with it. I just purchased my 2nd HPtuner setup and have been making small changes.

My truck has a Procharger 10psi setup, short tube headers, big mouth intake, Comp blower cam, 60 lb DW injectors, Holly high flow fuel pump, custom exhaust, MSD wiring, 160 thermostat.

It runs rich, hard to start after sitting for a short while, seems to miss at 5-6000 rpm. Ran an 8+ in the 1/8th with a 2.0 0-60 (time slip available)

I have two scan files and the HPT file if anyone would like to look at and offer suggestions. I would really appreciate any help with this truck...

Thanks in advance, Nick
    2005 Silver SS Silverado 6.0L&&2005 Silver Silverado 5.3L&&Nick & Mike

Potential Tuner
    Hello, E here. Just under Memphis. But originally from Chicago area.
    Been messing with machinery and cars for decades, but by no means a master mechanic. Just grew up on a farm where, if something broke you fixed it or you didn't eat that day/week. Might not have been pretty, but got the job done.

I really enjoy building motors/recently-transmissions but with a fear of wiring/operational systems, I get cold sweats/nausea just thinking about delving into this black art of tuning so it seems.
    I've been fighting ADHD for ever, so I have several projects going on that all have some form of injection/controlled ignition etc.
    BUT, now that I'm well over 50 I thought that I should start (and since I graduated grade school long ago, I don't like to get treated like a child or treat others that are learning like almost all other car forums seem to be grounded in) to learn as much as my squirrelly little brain can obtain.

I'm building up parts and knowledge for a early 2000's Lexus IS300 that's my daily for now and would love to swap in a 4.8-5.3 with a 2004r ('cause I already have them) and since it's my daily, only wanting to be around 350-425hp and RELIABLE enough to stay a daily..
    If that goes well, I'll be swapping in a '89 4g61t (Mitsubishi all alloy, DOHC 1600cc) turbo motor into a early 60's Hydrodyne ski boat. Should be the first ever OR the only one crazy enough to try..

Also, since we're here, if anyone knows or lives in the Memphis area that's got a good grasp on all this HP tuning etc.

Thanks for your time.
    E

Tuner in Training
    hello guys !
    I am Mohammad Suleiman from Lebanon and working in Oman as accountant and auditor .
    My dream to be Tuner and thanks god finally my dream come true .
    My age 28 , my cars ( 2012 5.0 mustang GT/CS ), ( 2010 GMC acadia ).

Potential Tuner
    Hello dears!!! I'm Anton. I live in Krasnoyarsk, Russia. It's Siberia. Engaged in repair and diagnosis of cars, as well as tuning.

Potential Tuner
    Hey everyone. I from Northern IL but stationed in Beaufort SC. Just picked up my 02 WS6 trans am with a HCI lq9. The car was previously tuned at 5000 ft and now being at sea level pretty much the car isn't very happy under normal driving conditions. I'm just learning about the HPtuners and would like to do some basic adjustments to the lower rpm tables to get it so its not bucking down low or cruising and idling at 13.6-14.2 afr. At WOT the car sit right between 12.8 and 12.5 so im happy with that bit. Just wanting to learn and do things myself since ive always done things myself or with some buddies(beer and pizza provided of course).

Tuner in Training
    Hello,
    Names Corey Located in Maryland.
    Recently went through a rebuild on a 2015 Toyota Tundra 5.7l TRD Super Charged. bought HP to hopefully help out with future issues and possibly help HP Tuners with there work.
    Tuning experience is pretty short but have enough know-how and friends knowledge to probably get to where we want to be with the truck.

Tuner in Training
    Danny Rochester from Colorado

Potential Tuner
    Tim from locust grove Ga. im sure there will be a bunch of dumb questions from this newbie. first one is do you guys buy your credits thru the tuner school or the regular site
    Last edited by speed ball; 10-26-2018 at 06:14 PM.

Potential Tuner
    hello guys, I'm Alexis, I'm French and I'm new here because I'm fond of chiptuning, and I will buy c6 corvette, and I think hptuners is the perfect system to tune my futur car.
    Also I want discover more about hptuners, because I have never see tuning package as complete as hptuners.

Hi folks, Richie here,
    I'm from Louisiana then moved to Colorado when I picked up the nickname Colorado Coonass from a colleague. I have 35+ years Programming, installing, commissioning, start-up and tuning control systems for aeroderivative gas turbines with Base SAC & DLE combustors used in US military and others, cruise ships, private yachts, offshore platforms, power plants, pipelines, refineries etc.. The only thing I ever tuned with 4 wheels was my daily driver, a 1976 FJ40 w/ Holley Commander on a 383 stroker. I've been doing my homework for almost a year on tuning and HP Tuners seems to be the obvious choice for my 2017 Yukon especially with the 8 speed T87a xmission, so here I am and looking forward to it.

Colorado Coonass
    Last edited by Colorado_Coonass; 10-28-2018 at 12:59 AM.

Tuner
    Hey ya. Charles here from the bay area california...this vehicle is the first vehicle using HPtuner. Right now its being remote tuned. Maybe when life slows down and stabilizes I will get into the ins and outs and start dabbling myself with it....

Then again, computers hate me...

Anyways, the 2018 Colorado Zr2 v6 8 speed is the one being run by hptuner.
    Last edited by fifty; 11-19-2018 at 12:44 AM.

Hi my name is Marc-Andre....im a machinist,welder,mecanic...im everything in fact eheeh
    I started to tune my dodge cummins mostly because im pissed of having to live under tuner's "laws"...locked tune...smoke...very long delay to have answer...etc etc...

Potential Tuner
    Hey all, I'm from Alabama and just getting started with HP tuners. I'm working with a 2005 LQ4 with a small cam and stock 8.1 injectors.

Potential Tuner
    Can you or someone tell me how to place a new post? I can't see any info on how to do it. Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Well hello everyone, joined few days ago been trying to absorbed all I can. A friend of mine gave me his old mvp1 pro . I have a 1996 Trans Am, with h.c.i. and torqhead installed. it has a 2002 f-body computer. Trying to learn the ins and outs of tuning for myself. Also have a 2014 Silverado ill be playing with if I can line out and learn something here. thanks for having me, and any help now and future.
    Last edited by newby96; 11-12-2018 at 11:09 PM.

Potential Tuner
    hey,
    my name is Tommy from Rep. of Korea. New to this forum and hope to learn and share a lot of good info.
    here in South Korea, we have a good number of 5th and 6th Gen Camaro. plz teach me ~!! i am all ears and ready~!!!

Potential Tuner

Introduction

Hello My name is Tony.

I am working on a project to use a Focus ST Ecu to control Ecoboost 2.0L with an efr 7163 in a Merkur XR4Ti which is semi trailing arm Rear wheel drive application.

Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated.