Page 99 of 115 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2295

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Potential Tuner
    redspushas the name of my 04 avalanche (red). gen3 ls.
    since the death of her original heart (motor)
    and replacement . i have yet to have her drive normal or even ok.
    im to the point where i dont even love her anymore....

help.help.help
    details
    2004 chevy avalanche 1500 2x4--- under 800miles
    4l60e 200,000 miles
    polished crank
    new lifters and rods
    flat top pistons
    new intake manifold
    long tube headers
    no cats
    3" exhaust
    magnaflow
    generic cold air intake
    new MAF,MAP, CRANK POSITION SENSOR, CAM POSITION SENSOR, OIL PSI SENSOR, TEMP SENSOR,
    IM LIMITED IN FUNDS SINCE REDSPUSHA SEEMS TO ALWAYS WANT THIS OR THAT WHENEVER I HAVE $
    I KNOW I NEED A TUNE GIVEN I ALTERED THE OEM SETPOINTS, BUTS ITS CLEARLY OUT OF MY BUDGET RIGHT NOW.

Tuner in Training
    Hi and greetings from Slovakia
    i am Paul, running an independent Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge shop here for 20+ years.
    Sometimes other US cars. From basic maintenance to axle/engine/trans swaps, offroad modificatios, propane conversions etc.
    Lots of useful info here so gave it a shot and registered

Potential Tuner
    Hi I am Victor, just a DIY backyard mechanic when I have the time to be working on my cars and can find the time to learn somthing new. I always wanted to learn and get into tuning. My main project out of a few is a 73 Camaro which is eventually getting a 6.0 put into it when time and funds allow, but meantime I want to take advantage of the time to slowly start searching through the forums for previous questions to learn from which may have been already asked, as well as learning to prepare and hopefully in time to become decent to when it comes to tuning.

Potential Tuner
    hey all; anthony from las vegas
    i have 3 mopars
    73 5.9 magnum
    2005 5.7 hemi
    2003 3.7

Potential Tuner
    What's up HP forums. The name is Billie. Founder of Memphis Car Enthusiasts on FB. Mechanic, Slight tuning skills. I've built some pretty nasty B18s and D16s. Now focusing more on my Gen 1 coyote. Here to read, Learn and help with any advice I can give. Hope to seeing some of you guys around on the forums.

I'm Corey, and I'm from NC. I'm a tech for a local off road/diesel/performance shop and have used HPtuners very little, but I find it very interesting and would like to learn more about actually tuning vehicles and how to use HPT to my advantage. I've known about HPT for a long time, but only in the last couple years have I been able to actually use it. First use was "upgrading" the L5P Duramax when the tuning became available, but that is essentially flashing canned tunes. I've recently started messing with my boss's 04 Wrangler Unlimited, as it's extensively modified (super duty axles, stretched wheelbase, etc) and we had some evap codes to deal with, I know from a little research and experience with personal Jeep 4.0s that the stock fuel and timing can use some tweaking. 4.0 for now, but will be getting an LS3/4L60 (or 80, maybe enough room with the 110" wheelbase) /Atlas in the next year or so.

Anyway, I'm here to try to soak in as much info as I can.

Tuner in Training
    Hey all, my name is James. I'm a big mustang enthusiasts and got a 2017 coyote after a hurricane in Florida totaled my built 3 valve. I love tinkering and learning new things which is what opened me up to tuning and HP tuners. Been building motors since I was 15. Currently in the coast guard got out of aircraft interior design.

Car is only on the ford racing power pack 1 tune with X pipe and mufflers for right now. Been reading tons of info on tuning these cars before I start playing around. Holding off on my ported 18 manifold swap till I'm good to go on the tune there. Excited to be a part of the community!

Potential Tuner

Cool Learning but still need help.

Hi my name is Landon, I am a automotive enthusiast. I have been working on my own cars for as long as I can remember. I have started a youtube channel to document my projects if anyone is interested it is automotive LL. I have a basic knowledge for tuning, I can disable vats and segment swap and do basig diagnostic work. I have recently started racing a build of mine and was able to take home 1st place after 3 racing events and a rear end swap for some stronger components. I'll be looking for tuning help while I'm here and always open to help and suggestions. Just trying to do the best I can with the stuff I've got!

current project

1978 buick skylark
    6.0 LQ4 4L80e swapped
    Tubular front suspension with adjustable viking coilovers
    Fuel cell
    Battery relocation
    Swapped in gm 8.6 w/rear disc brakes

Potential Tuner
    New Member here. I originally purchase HP Tuners to have my truck remote tuned after blower and cam install. Getting the MPVI2+ now so I can mess with my Q5.

Potential Tuner
    Greetings all, Aaron,, AJ, checking in from Holtville/Slapout, AL. I have a 2006 C6 base. My ECM went out on me and through varies web searches I ended up here. Ordered an 2010+ ECM from DSX Tuning. I was told by Dave Steck that "You'll need to put the ECM in the car and read the file out of it. From there, you need to make your base file and license the ECM." He mentioned that I need a scanner or HP Tuners. Here I am asking for guidance. I have no clue about tuning except that it allows tweaking the car. Should I stay or Go? Thanks. AJ

Potential Tuner
    Hello,

My name is Joe, I am from Delaware. Recently purchased at 2018 Yukon. Tried the Diablo route but it screwed me and now I cannot return it to stock. Buddy of mine has HPTuners so I am looking for a stock ECM and TCM file for my truck. I keep seeing mentions of a repository, but cannot seem to find it. Hope to learn a lot more about HPTuners!

Potential Tuner
    Hello, My name is Randy.

I have been tuning my 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 (408 stroker kit and RHS heads with over size valves and porting, bi turbo build) Magnum V8 with other software and flash kit from SCT. It is ok I guess. Have purchased the HP Academy Training and also work on a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 3.7l V6. Ported the head and overhauling the motor completely after 270,000 miles and a head gasket failure on passenger side head. New seats are being installed since if overheated they like to fall out! I also have a 2005 YamahaR1 that I am overhauling from the ground up with 40,000 miles on it. It is far from stock! I would like to know which hardware and software to purchase from HP Tuners to do both the Ram and Jeep? Any help is much appreciated!

Potential Tuner
    Hello tuners, My name is Steven and I'm in Newport NJ South jersey where there are no tuning shops that I know of. I have a 04 Silverado rcsb 2wd truck that I would like to put a 383 stroker engine in it. I have the MPVI2 to help me do some tuning. My first mistake was getting a tune that was locked from a custom tuner, but I found someone on the internet that unlocked them for me. I need a base tune for a 383 ls, I will probably be using 36# injectors. a cam with about .600 inch lift, 220-230 duration.

Tuner in Training
    Howdy, folks! My name is Greg and I am a complete newb when it comes to tuning. I just came into possession of a 2K Sierra with a 5.3 that has been modified and grossly tuned, so I will be graciously asking for some advice on what to do.

Tuner
    Hi I am Steve, I live in CO and I am a mechanic that specialiazes in high-performance parts. I have ASE certs in a couple things, and I am not an expert, nor do I pretend to be. I have a 2006 Cobalt SS (stage 2) and a 1986 Celica GTS 3s-gte with a bunch of stuff on them,

Tuner in Training
    Hi, my name is Steve and Im an alcoholic...Opps, sorry. Wrong group. I am new to tuning and am excited to learn. So bare with me when I ask silly questions. My expertise in in drivetrain conversions, suspention and axle builds on mostly rockcrawlers.

Potential Tuner
    Good day everyone, my names Bryan and I live in Ohio. I'm a contractor by profession but have always played with man toys. Most experience with gen 1s since I was around 14. Chevy guy...jeep/ Mopar and motorcycles. Both street bikes and cruisers depending on my mood. At the moment I'm playing with my 02 2wd Silverado with the 5.3 (360K miles), basic stuff like long tubes e fan upgrade(needs tuned) and K&n filter...also building a gen 4 L33 for later use, maybe in my jeep though. I've been trying to learn the tuning side by reading posts and watching videos but man there's a lot to learn. SO here I am!

Tuner
    Welcome!

I have a 2.2 ecotec and the maf sensor is dead reading 0.10 , what did I do wrong?

Potential Tuner
    hello everyone name is randy
    have a 03 ram 3500 banks intake s and b cold air stage 2 injectors new to hp tuners just bought a mpvi2