Page 85 of 115 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 2289

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Potential Tuner
    Hi my name is John.. I’m new here! I love to hack anything I can from DTV to DSS, internet etc .. I work on tv’s and pretty much anything electronic! I have an ampscope and I do micro-soldering on iPhones and other electronic boards.. I’ve re-built engines since high school.. went to school and got certified to work on Diesels and gas engines and Air-conditioning and refrigeration. Then I got tired of getting greasy.. so I started welding and fabrication.. then an AWS inspector .. and for the past 15 years Project Management! I currently have a 2009 Ford F-250 6.4L and I have a 2012 Ford F-250 6.7L and I’m very interested in learning how to get the most out of both ! And to make then last as long as I can! I currently have a Bullydog GT programmer which I have figured out how to un-marry and I have a S C T x 4 that was updated and no longer has the option to make my truck OFF ROAD anymore . So that pretty much useless.. I have an Ezlink with PPEI tunes but doesn’t seem to me like it does enough for what I paid for it - so I want to learn how to do my own.. so what do I need to be able to read the ECM / PCM etc on these? I was trying to find some information on how to make my Bullydog able to read and write like the H&S mini maxx since it’s pretty much the same hardware .. I just need so direction on how to re-write the firmware .. what software etc .. or what can I read the H&S files with to see what the difference is in a Bullydog file and H&S file .. I’m sure it isn’t hard to find the code .. hopefully there’s already someone with some of this information? Either way I look forward to learning! Thanks in advance for any help / direction!
    Last edited by RECO6901; 03-10-2020 at 05:26 PM.

Jeremy here. Residing in MD for the meantime.....hoping to be in TN in the next 24 months

I've been a car guys since a kid. Bought HPTuners last night since I will need to turn off the rear O2s when I install my TSP LTs and cat less Y pipe on Friday (10 Tahoe PPV)

I work in cyber security...?...but I think this is going to be a learn curve.

Look forward to learning this new tool

Cheers!
    2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon | 2.0T | Mopar Lift/35s | Mishi Intake & catch can | Mojito Green - Family ride

2010 Tahoe PPV 2WD | Ex FED K9 Unit | Dropped | ported parts | TSP parts ready to go - My DD

2004 Colorado CC ZQ8 | 3.5/5Banger | 5spd swapped | 3.73/G80/Wilwoods/full suspension - RaceTruck/Toy

Potential Tuner
    Hello everyone. Ronnie from Birmingham al. New to tuning and willing to learn.

Potential Tuner
    Greg. Another newbie, filled with newbie questions! Enjoy
    thanks

Hey guys, I'm Jim..... That's Holley, James Holley!
    Been here before, but recently acquired my TBSS and being a totally unmolested 1 owner, I wanna get to molesting!

That said, anyone with some helpful tips, I will keep it relatively stock (unlike my Regal GS) so that said, what is a decent throttle body upgrade?
    I will also be doing the true dual setup, just checking all that is out there and seeing of I can het the valance that is cut elongated for dual tips, I kinda like that look, but if not, the SLP one will have to do.
    We've built some wide body Porsche GT bodies, I suppose I could get to cuttin, but sometimes it is nice not reinventing the simple wheel.

Have a great day and thanks in advance!
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
    2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS

Potential Tuner
    Hello everyone. New user here. My name is Ryan and I live in eastern Colorado. I have gotten tons of useful information from this site and spend hours just reading through the forum. It is my pleasure to be a part of this site and I look forward to learning everything I can from everyone here.

Potential Tuner
    Hello, Matt from Oklahoma. Work on pipelines and travel a lot. Just bought myself a speedway white 01 zo6 and has quite a bit of work. The tunes not sorted and coming here to learn. Nobody I trust to touch my stuff anymore around here. Figure if I drive over the crankshaft it might as well be from my own doing. Got my idle close to sorted. It has an issue with killing itself after high load. I got throttle cracker keeping it open and that cut out a lot. Installing wide band so I can work on fueling. I suspect with dfco off it?s loading up and it?s running far anyway. High compression 408. Should be a fun car once it?s sorted

Potential Tuner
    Hello people. I am Ivan from Almaty Kazakhstan. I used to be quite professional in auto repair. 2017 closed its business. Now I am a free artist). I am building a small chevy s10 truck with 350 engines. If someone can help me with the launch of my project, I will be very grateful.

Potential Tuner
    I am Brian from South Carolina. I am looking to get started with HPtuners and start doing tuning. I have Yukon, Duramax and JL Jeep. I have had yukon tuned by local tuner and works great. Duramax was tuned with ppei, jeep just has JL taser. I have automotive tech background and now I am computer programer.

Tuner in Training
    Hello I am Shea going by my GM ID jznnjx just stuck for a long time new to scratch tuning trying to get a grasp on it.
    JZNNJX (Psyko)

2011 GMC Yukon Denali (4 Tons of Fun)
    L94, TSP Cam 216 / 228
    Fully Blueprinted
    Ported and Polished Heads By TSP
    Future upgrades 3200 Stall and Larger Cam
    Maybe adding a Turbo

Tuner
    Howdy All!

I'm Ken and while I have been playing with MegaSquirt tuning for many years (3 VWs and 1 Honda) I am new to the newer system that my 2011 Audi uses. I'm even planning one for my 2.0T based frankenmutt of a Lotus 7 clone (VW motor, Toyota trans, Subi diff and MegaSquirt EFI!)

It's been a shock to say the least. I have been trying to work with another tuner and their program for my 2011 Audi A5, but the support is painful and the program is difficult. Only good part was the base tunes I got from it!

I realize that there's not a lot for what I got in the house, but the support that I already got from a tuner that eventually converted me to HP Tuner gives me hope!

Thanks and looking forward to the fun!

Ken

Obligatory Bio stuff... former Car Stereo Shop owner, Paramedic, Commercial Diver, Commercial Service Tech for restaurants, Combat Robot builder, R/C Heli flyer and Firearms enthusiast... I love anything mechanical and am currently scratch building a Lotus 7 of my own design. I powdercoat, Cerakote and 3D print anything anyone wants as a side biz!

I currently run the R&D Dept for a Commercial Dishwasher manufacturer in the wonderfully humid state of NC!

Potential Tuner
    Hey guys!

Name is Mark, been doing a lot of performance building stuff but never really got involved much with the tuning. Tuning options for certain cars we do are pretty bad, and I would like to start doing it as sending it out and getting a car back that just cam surges, intermittent no starts, not shifting when at WOT etc etc just really is not acceptable for what we are paying. So very interested in learning and seeing what I can do.

Background is heavy on European vehicles and a lot of LSx type stuff.

Potential Tuner
    hi there i'm David, a nooby from qu?bec canada.

I'm learning to use hpt to tune dodge product. This is my first time on anny tuning so I have a whole lot to learn.

thats it

have a nice day.

Potential Tuner
    hey folks my name is dave and new to the tuning world, i am a red seal automotive tech in River Ryan ,Nova Scotia Canada and love messing around with the ecotec platforms. currently have a 2003 cavalier with the m62 swap and running some zzp gear including 2.9 pulley and soon to be #60 injectors and zzp heat exchanger. if anyone has any suggestions or any tips on my car by all means throw me a message. im always reading on these threads and so far you guys have been much help to my project/summer daily. Thanks All and have a good day!

Potential Tuner
    Hello Jeremy here, located in Tucson AZ. Just bought a MPVI2 for a 2005 Corvette Kart I bought. Has long tube headers, Trickflow heads, big cam but no specs on the cam. Nasty miss in the mid range... exhaust tips are black, so I'm trying to decide if I should go back to a stock tune or work with whatever is in it. Lots to learn, so I will watch youtube stuff... disappointed that HPTUNERS doesn't have tutorial videos... shame. If anyone is from Tucson and sees this, hit me up.
    Jeremy 520-241-8888

Potential Tuner
    Hi, i'm John and i live in the U.K . I do engines tuning and all wich is related with motor electronics/ Mechatronics/ chiptuning and Automatic gearbox repair for 22 years. i joined this forum to share and learn as much i can, specially in tcm's control units wich i've been dedicating a lot of time in these recent years.I own a 95 GrandCherokee zg 5.2L and a Grandcherokee 3.1 diesel wich we have in the European Market.My goal was to tune the best i could TCC maps,wich wasn't easy with no information available.First one i started was zg 5.2L,emulating ecu wich had an 27c256 Eprom, using OLS300 from EVC.Comparing with other tcm's like mercedes 722.6, 722.9,audi zf 5hp19 or even bmw 6hp in wich i have done several this zg pcm/tcm wasn't so easy even with emulator connected.Stock bin only locks up TCC in 3 4th gear arround 44 MPH and in 3rd a bit sooner.After 3 or 4 days i finally could set it tuned to lock in 3rd at 24 MPH and in 4th at 30 MPH (depending on TPS).So for this kind of ecu's 4.0L,5.2L i could not only improve engine torque and fuel save as well and a lot more driving pleasure.After that was complete, i started with a WJ 4.0L taking out 28f200 Flash and then again...Emulator on it.Thinking it would be similar to the ZG,i found myself in another nightmare! Totaly diferent!!!My goal wasn't the 4.0L it self,was the 3.1 with VM italian diesel engine, in wich has an ECU for the engine (Bosch) and for TCM the same as the 4.0L...but in the 3.1 TCC only applies at 75 MPH in 3rd and 4th gear (very late).So looking and comparing both bins i found a way to put the 3.1 TCC locking the same way then the 4.0L and was sucessfull.Lately i've been testing again with emulator conected and made lockup a bit sooner in 3rd gear and got pretty good, but not 4th gear yet.This week, i will emulate again this time on dyno to finish this job and will post some pics for the enthusiasts to see. Take care....and #STAYSAFE

Regards

Potential Tuner
    G'day All. Brad from Australia here. I have a 1976 Holden LX Torana 4 door, with a Gen IV 6.0. (L77) and 6L80E swap. Engine and trans stock, just with unnecessary accessories removed. Purchased and joined hptuners to be able to fine tune my car. Look forward to searching the forums for unlimited knowledge.
    Last edited by BMCGTR; 04-15-2020 at 09:54 PM.

Potential Tuner
    hello everyone
    Names Jordan currently a 25s in the Army
    whent to school for mechanical engineering have bout 3 years of experience with that. New hobby will be tuning and will be testing it on my daily L20 4.8 Silverado haha so hopefully I don't learn the hard way. any tips or tricks to wake up my truck other then gearing I did that my self with 4:56 would be greatly apricated. thank you in advance

Potential Tuner
    Hello every one my name is Richard, joined the site to see if this is something I can learn to do. I am one of those people that love doing things himself. Thanks
    Richie

Potential Tuner
    Hey everyone, TOTAL newb here. My name is Jason but my friends call me a$$hole. Right now just a hack but hope to learn enough to be able to do mild tunes and maybe more depending on how much stuff I break in the process. I have a 2006 Silverado SS that is nothing but a headache since it was hardcore molested by the previous owner and Im in the process of cutting it up and building the engine. Currently doing research to ecm swap this turd to get rid of the traction control.
    Na Cho SS
    2006 Silverado SS