Page 93 of 115 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 2295

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Welcome to HP tuners! I?ve been doing tuning for about 5 years, and I still consider myself a novice at best. However in your instance. Go to the search bar and type in some key words such as ls tuning, 5.3 tuning, etc. there are a lot of great write ups to dig through as a lot of member share a lot of great information, and you will find some great base tunes people share and some ready to go as well. However always check in the vcm suite and log log log to check for issues such as knock or limiters coming up. Also search for how people set their scanners up and download those as a good way to see how people get their information. When you download a few tunes (which also you can in the tune repository) compare it to the stock tune in your truck so you can first hand see where people are modifying and which directions they are going. Also a great tool is heading over to The Tuning School and purchasing their GM level 1 book which will include great information and a chart of where to start like a ladder diagram. Between the search on here, and The tuning School will benefit you greatly. Another great tool for basic tuning principles is HP academy. I have done all of their classes and they are reasonably priced so anyone can afford them, and they always send discount codes as well, and you can purchase tunes and break the payments up to bi weekly. I would begin with them as it will teach you the principles that give you a great inside platform to understand what is going on, things to look for, controlling timing, fuel, etc. feel free to message me if you need help, send me any logs and tunes you begin with as I can help as much as I can. My bread and butter is with the hemis but they are VE based as well, so I can navigate through them decently to at least get you a base tune going for you to tweak.

Potential Tuner
    Newbie here. Been many years since I built a custom car and the project I am doing now demands I go with computer controls where needed.
    This project is to plant a 2003 Grand Am GT FWD engine in a 1973 Opel GT as a RWD. That's going to take a tranny swap.
    So I need to be able to update to a 4L60E or disable the tranny stuff completely and go with an early 700R4 or 4L60 NON-E.
    I also have a 2000 Escalade I can play with.
    I'm a long time Hacker of Game files and other stuff and work in Hex to extract files like 3D models and such.
    I also program in C++.
    I'm 63 years old and work in the Construction Trades.

Potential Tuner
    Hi I'm Brian, and new to HP, learning how to use it on my own vehicle for performance based gains and still maintaining daily driver manners. I currently own an 09Pontiac G8 GT, that I bought 2 years ago unmolested at 98,000 miles. Loved every minute of it until the dreaded lifter tick these cars are known for. So I tore the motor apart did the DOD delete, upgraded EVERYTHING in the top end of the motor with a BLP PDS cam that I am running NA. Gotta save money for the FI install, in the mean time I'll learn on the cam swap so it will be easier to learn the FI side of tuning.

Potential Tuner
    Hello guys how are you i hope everyone is doing well,
    I am glad to be part of this forum, a lot of info available, I would like to ask if anyone has use the E90 Module Exchange service from HP?

Regards
    Tom

Potential Tuner
    hi im pete ( and my wife that will usually be posting is liz)
    we just did a 411 pcm swap on my 1997 chevy k1500 and after i (liz) put the new tune on the 411 pcm it started and ran ok. I went in and changed a couple things like the fans and now i cant get the truck to turn over it will crank but no start. i have now tried this on 2 different pcms and same thing. can anyone help me out because now my scanner and editor wont connect to the truck and im tired of using credits on new pcms to have the same thing happen over and over again. Thanks in advance for any and all help or ideas.

Potential Tuner
    Jerry here, Just getting started, got 2001 K2500HD 8.1 tow pig to start some tuning on and then some other project coming.

asfound21521.hpt
    Last edited by 1legjerry; 02-15-2021 at 08:49 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Howdy. name is Corey. I just purchased a HP Tuner from Summit. I can't wait to get it and start tuning

Potential Tuner
    What is going on everyone. My name is Antonio. I have owned my 05 srt4 since feb 2011 and its been through a few setups. stock turbo/stock motor on 93 and diablo, stock motor 50t on 93/meth, stock motor s256 with 93/meth and later e85/meth (when i moved from delaware to california). then built motor with 6266 on e85 and now its built motor again with gtx3582 on e85. i'm here to learn more about tuning, i have a tuner but i dont feel like bugging him all the time and i want to understand what i'm looking at when i log or want to make any small changes to my AFRs or timing

Potential Tuner

Howdy from Dallas, TX

Did a LT4 conversion on my C7 Corvette so figured I would dive into Tuning it. Goat Rope provided a ton of info and of course the forum was very helpful. All street tuned still need to dive into VVE tuning, Torque Tuning etc.... Thanks!! 2015 C7 LT4 conversion on E85/Meth MAF tune Attached Below
    Attached Files Attached Files

hi, my name is Franco alias Frantik3

i write to Italy

Just another Australian with an SS Ute beginning a HPT journey! I’m reading backwards of all LS1 posts, up to 786 and waiting for my HPT, AEM WB and new PC to arrive!
    2003 Holden VY SS UTE A4, SS Induction CAI, K&N, GTS300 intake, HM try y's, 100cell twin 3", 3.46, AEM X series WB, MVP12pro, STD tune currently.

Hi guys, how are you i hope you are doing well,
    I am glad to be a new member of this forum

hello how are you this is ibrahim

Potential Tuner
    New here my names Franky, own a local business building Ls cars and many other things I have a 800whp WS6 I no prep race. also a 550whp 5th gen daily. ive been close with my tuner for about 3yrs but dew to expanding I cant outsource and wait anymore so crossing that bridge myself. first thing I was looking for was the bluecat calc file anyone have a link or file share? thanks!!
    800hp no prep Trans Am
    550hp 5th Gen daily

Potential Tuner
    My name is Chris. I am new to tuning, been playing with it a little bit for a few months. just bought my fist tuner mpvi2. thank you for the information everyone gives on these forums.

i have been in the automotive industry including high performance engines all my life and been a mechanic for over 10 years. If there is anything i can help with i will be glad to do so.

Potential Tuner
    My name is Jake and I have been a technician for close to ten years. I do a lot with factory programming and constantly get asked about DOD deletes and tuning so I decided to start learning tuning and aftermarket programming.

Potential Tuner
    Im Mike from New Zealand I work at a shop called high performance rotaries i design fit and wire up the engine management systems on all the cars we build. I also build and dyno the piston engines we do. We are link ecu distributors and have a mainline hub dyno Iv been a mechanic for 18 years specialized in diagnostics for about 10 years i have that many automotive qualifications i can hardly remember the names of all of them most recent was certificate in broadband exhaust gas oxygen sensors. We do alot of LS and BARRA stuff at work just finished 2 turbo LS setups vt clubsport ls1 turbo/turbo400 and vy maloo ute forged l98/6spd. Got a KE30 corolla ls1 turbo waiting till we have time the other cars im building at the moment 650hp sr20vet for a pulsar GTI-R that wants to run 9sec 1/4 and a 1000hp BARRA falcon drift car.

Is there a thread somewhere on here where everybody posts there Dyno or 1/4 mile numbers? so far using hp tuners iv managed 360hp at the wheels on a stock ls1, 525hp at the wheels on a stock BARRA, 560hp at the wheels on a LS2 with a cam. Somehow I still have never had a engine failure worst iv had was a rx2 run a bearing after changing the brakes.

Potential Tuner
    Hello, My name is Robert. After a lack of support from other tuner company and forum, I done a great amount of research and think HP Tuner is going to be way better than my old PRP package.

Potential Tuner
    Hello all, I?m new and trying to get started on tuning

Potential Tuner
    Hi,
    My brother and I started "self learning" on a 1968 el camino in 1974. Drag racing since early 1980's (carburetors only). I build fuel injectors for Delphi (now BorgWarner).

My first HP job is a DOD delete on 2016 Yukon, L86, 6.2, Gen V. I am looking for a DOD delete cam with the same lift and duration so that I do not need to "tune" (where is the idle mixture screw on this tuner thing?...). I have searched this forum with no luck. These are the 2 cams I am down to. I want to keep VVT and delete DOD. This engine has "direct injection" so I need the pump lobe on the cam. thanks in advance Ray
    https://sdparts.com/i-24136024-genui...t-non-afm.html
    https://sdparts.com/i-24504579-sdpc-...-camshaft.html