Page 104 of 115 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 2298

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Tuner in Training
    My name is Wes. I am a automotive technician with over 20 years of wrenching. I've dabbled off and on with tuning over the years, rebuilt a few engines and cars. Electronics and horsepower keeps my interest.

Potential Tuner
    Just saw this thread and I had not introduced myself either.

Name: Paul
    Local: Dallas Tx. Area
    Love: Everything about Muscle Cars

I have loved working on cars since I was a kid. But financially, had not been able to really get into this until the last 2-3 years.

LOVE learning more about tuning and how to get the most out of our vehicles. My day job is advertising analytics so I love looking at and analyzing data.

Looking forward to talking to this group more!

Thanks!

Potential Tuner
    Hello all;
    Brand new to tuning but more than a decade turning wrenches. I've been lead pit crew on an amateur tough truck race team for a couple years now and I'm installing a supercharger for next season. HP Tuners seems to be the only tuning tool that will support enough vehicles to be a worthwhile investment for us, as we tend to work with whatever running vehicles the local body shop will donate LoL
    Planning to get in on the MPVI3 when it goes live today!

Tuner in Training
    hey everyone, my name is Conner. I have a 2000 regular cab sierra with a single turbo and th400 swap. Mostly a street driven truck. I got into learning how to tune about a year ago when I started tuning on my truck. I have figured out about 75% of how to tune, but I still run into my issues here and there. This forum has answered many of my problems but there are still some that go unanswered. I'm excited to be apart of this community.

Tuner in Training
    Hi I'm Jack in central NJ. Been a gearhead my entire life but have never taken the dive into tuning. I've had a 2000 Corvette for a while that was tuned at East Coast Supercharging. Then I recently got a "commuter car" a 2013 Ford Focus ST and got a Cobb for it and bought a tune from Monster Tuned. What got me into HPT was the live logging feature - on my last track day the Corvette had a misfire and I had to call it a day. Have since replaced coil packs and injectors - hopefully this fixes it but if not hopefully I'll catch it in the log. Once I get better acquainted with HPT and tuning in general I'll be able to take a closer look at the Monster and ECS tunes - oh yes - I got a tune for my 2016 4runner from Vivid Racing. I probably could have just started with HPT and skipped the others - but wouldn't be the first time I've wasted money on cars....

Potential Tuner
    Hi everyone my name is Rury and aim in California I hope to learn alot from everyone and aim new to Hp tuners,
    I am always ready to help when need it.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 09-14-2022 at 10:23 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Hello everyone, My name is Eric and I'm from Marietta Georgia. Been repairing and building cars for over 40 years and not much into computer tuning (was relying on others for this.) Just got the MPVI3 so I can tune some cars - starting with a few of mine including:

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 - 6 speed - Roadracing car - Head, Cam, Significant suspension mods, was a CMR chip tune (by others,) Now HP Tuner mods that have already improved areas I have fought for years.

2010 Chevy Corvette Grand Sport LS3 automatic. Mostly stock widebody car - Now HP Tuner working on reducing temperatures have 180 Deg thermostat and increased ECT fan %. Shift adjustments next.

2017 Infiniti Q50S AWD 3.0 L Turbo - Daily driver - Will start tweaking once I get comfortable with tuning and want to buy a lot of credits to touch this car. Need to keep it reliable.

Hope to learn a lot here as well as helping others.

Overpowered
    Eric

Potential Tuner
    Aloha from Pineapple City Honolulu.

Just received the MPVI3 yesterday and installed it on my Laptop. I have a 07 Tundra Supercharged with the TRD flash. Looking forward to learning the new software and meeting the members here.

Potential Tuner
    Hello,

My name is Dan from Upper Michigan (Da UP as we call it) I have been wrenching on cars for about 36 years mostly maintaining the family cars and some smaller projects. Decided to completely rebuild my rust free 2002 Suburban and did some engine mods, Truck Norris Cam, mild head porting, shorty headers, eFans, etc so now I am dabbling into the world of tuning. Should have done this a long time ago with my Electrical Engineering and Software background but never had the need. Looking forward to learning from everyone on here.

Potential Tuner
    Howdy from South Texas! Got my MPVI3 this week with a few add-ons, too. 90-degree obd2 extension, prolink+ kit, and an AEM wideband (AVM-30-0300). Working crazy hours right now, but I am anxious to get it all set up and logging to start my tuning journey. I won't forget to save and backup a stock 'as found' file, and I will be patient in making minor adjustments and save each step as I change things. My truck is 100% stock at the moment, and is my 200k+ mile dependable 5th wheel/gooseneck hauler.

Although not glamorous or HPtuners related, my first powertrain modification on the proverbial list is a latching relay for manual control of the torque converter clutch, using the brake switch as a signal to return to automatic/programmed TCC control.

Looking forward to learning from everyone and sharing any knowledge I have from my GM ASEP education I earned half a life ago!
    2006 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.0L 4L80E 2WD 4.10

Potential Tuner
    Hello.. New to these boards. Have been on the domestic scene for a while and just recently gave the German scene a try.
    -Milic
    -Milwaukee Burb Area
    -Upper Management School Busing
    Here to read and FYI myself on what makes these German vehicles tick! More specifically Porsche & Audi

Hello everyone, I'm from Vancouver, BC.
    I've recently came to realization that my passion in life is to turbocharge N/A engines
    I've turbocharged KA24E in a 240sx and now I want to do it again. But this time I think I have a better platform 2012 Mustang V6 3.7
    I know people generally don't like V6 Mustangs. Muscle cars guys generally conciser "turbo's" to be ricy and uncool.
    No, I'm not doing this build because I want more power, and I know V8 Mustang would be more reliable and better torque, better blah blah blah
    I just like the how turbo engine feels and sounds.
    I'm not a muscle car guy, I'm a ricer a heart that's why I bought a V6 Mustang :P

Potential Tuner
    Hey,

My name is Spencer and I make poor financial decisions.

Living in Western NC trying to finish up a tube chassis rock buggy with a LQ9 on a college students budget. I've got a MPVi2+ trying to figure out how to make this thing run.

Potential Tuner

07 Silverado 5.3 on e85

Hi, my name is Ryan, from Granite City Illinois.
    I have a Classic Restoration shop, I bought this program for LS swaps in classic cars for customers just to flash for now, trying to learn to tune them which doesn't seem too difficult, but yet it is.
    I actually can use some help on a vehicle right now.
    I have a customer that brought me his 07 Silverado, he had me delete the DOD, no big deal. Now he dropped it off because he swapped a stage 2 cam in it and it won't idle. This thing has been way to lean and I found out why, he decided to run e85 in it, no wonder I couldn't get this thing to run right off the bat. Any suggestions how to tune this with e85 in it?
    Thanks in advance.

Potential Tuner
    Hello all,

My name is Tom from Port Orchard WA.

I have a 2018 Camaro ZL1 making over 800 HP. It's my drag race car. Just received my MPVI3 and my tuner said to use TDN as a means to tune via my cellphone. But, looking at the TDN app it's asking to setup the RTD+ not my MPVI3? I'm guessing I can't use that app? Thanks.

Potential Tuner
    Hello my name is Johnn ive been wrenching for 20 plus years and always dabbled in the custom build and tune world, did the first hellcat gladiator swap in Chicago but mainly Nissan and Subaru, so I'm a new transplant from Cobb. I can't wait to learn on hptuners as well. Have a great day guys

Potential Tuner
    Hello everyone. My name is Jay and looking forward to learning from people here on the forum. Been a mechanic for many years but starting to learn to tune recently. Thanks.

Potential Tuner
    Hello everyone,
    My name is Manny and currently building an 1976 ford 4x4 crew cab for off-road. 2007 L92/ 6l90 (with matching 6l80 TCM) dual cases long travel full cage. Will be asking questions to help get this thing running.

Potential Tuner
    Greetings fellow enthusiasts!

I've taken a 2.2 Ecotec and matching F23 manual transmission (from a 2003 Cavalier) and installed it into a 1984 Pontiac Fiero. Having recently purchased a used interface, I look forward to the learning curve and making changes for the better.

See you in the forums!

Tuner
    Hello. I'm new to the forum. I'm retired and a pretty good mechanic. In fact, one of my retirement projects is putting an LS in a Porsche Boxster. It is coming along pretty good. I started the engine a few days ago and now I'm working on details.

I harvested my engine and controls from a salvage yard. I added a cam power adder and have the engine running and almost ready for a tune. My immediate problem is I can operate fans by commanding them on and off with VCM Scanner, but I can't get the E38 to operate them on temperature. Still trying to get my head around the state and percentage and the wolfshit that goes with modulated signals.

Well, I will be around, as I am sure one or more of you will take me on as a project.

Off to understand how to change my E38 to deal with fans with temperatures instead of states and percentages

O.B. Thomas, P.E.