Page 76 of 115 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 2289

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Potential Tuner
    Howdy, my name is Lane and I've a car addict for a very long time and have just now decided to jump into tuning and tweaking my CTS-V. I've already ordered some books from The Tuning School to learn how to do it, so I'll probably be asking a lot of dumb questions along the way. Glad to be here.

Tuner in Training
    how is everyone ...new to the hptuners site my name is Jason I own jasons custom transmission in ga and have been building transmissions for 24 years and building hot rods in one way or another for just as long. . happy for info anyone has and happy to help anytime

Tuner in Training
    Hello I'm Micheal. I have a 2015 Camaro ss l99 with a texas speed vvt 1.2 cam, bbk long tube headers, muffler delete, and cai. I decided I wanted to learn a little about tuning that way I can finish my tune and edit it myself as needed. Sorry in advance for any dumb questions I may ask lol. I work as a maintenance planner at a cheese plant I have 3 kiddos all boys and a fiance. I like spending time with my family and doing car stuff or playing x box in my free time.
    Last edited by micheal_blue08; 03-07-2019 at 09:39 PM.

Potential Tuner
    I am Kevin from Texas. I have built cars for almost 30 years now. Everything from Volkswagens to minitrucks, to Chevrolets. I am here to learn by reading everything I can. I'm using the MPVI2.

Potential Tuner
    Hi

O here from San Antonio, TX

Bought the MPVI2 and want to learn more about it.

I have a 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP that I want to tune. I definitely want to learn more before I even start.

I'm looking at a few Youtube videos from a tuning school and other channels. I'd appreciate it if anyone here could give me some insight/recommendations on how to tune.

Best

I haven't seen any replies to the intros. I'm in the same boat as most here. Basic knowledge but never tuned ecms. I'm guessing a specific question will get a reply in one of the other topic threads.

Potential Tuner
    Steve B here. Sports car enthusiast since the 1960s, I have owned MGs, Saabs including two Sonetts, Audis and a Rover 2000. I have never owned a V8. Current cars are Pontiac Solstice Coupes, one in OH for summer and one in AZ for winter. I have supercharged the winter Solstice and will have the summer Solstice SCed at the nationals in June. Dyno tests show the SC setup has some problems holding torque above 3500 rpm and we are working on solving them. I am working with ESTuned and want to learn to tune my own back on OH. I am a retired engineer so I should be able to learn this stuff but I see a steep learning curve ahead. Your tolerance is appreciated as I ask newbie questions.

Tuner in Training
    Hello, My name is Lynn Carlton. I have been a gear head my whole life. I painted my little red wagon when I was about 6, worked go karts and 4 wheelers as a kid, and have been messing with cars since I was 16. Still have the truck I bought when I turned 16. Its a 72 chevy 4x4 pickup on 39" pit bull rockers. Its been through about 8 different motor combos over the years. Now its a blow through turbo 408 LS. I have a street strip 69 camaro that is a nitrous car that I really want to do a turbo swap on. My daily is a 2002 chevy 2500hd. I bought the hp tuners MPV2 to mess with that to try and learn the computer tuning game.

Potential Tuner
    Hello my name is Kahlen. I am from Houston Tx. Im the manager at TTI Speedshop in Humble Tx. We primarily build 67-72 c10 resto mods, but have our hand in a little bit of everything. Our next big build is a 63 lincoln continental with a coyote. Currently using mpvi pro. Here to further my learning and assist others in their performance journey.

Potential Tuner
    Jeff Gravel from Enumclaw Washington. Getting into doing LS swaps. My first build is a 1980 Camaro with a LQ4 6.0L and 4L80 transmission. Using the stock PCM to control the engine and trans. Just bought the HPVI2 Pro from Summit Racing with 20 credits. I'm learning the hard way; somehow used 6 credits on my first VATS and EVAP delete. Looking for some suggested training to prevent future costly mistakes. I'm a 35 year veteran heavy duty mechanic who wants to ease my way out of going to work while staying home more and building cars in my shop. Looking forward to learning how to tweak the software in these builds.

Potential Tuner
    New member, long time lurker

I have been using Hptuners for several years now and love the program, I have been to this forum many times looking for help and always found a thread that was helpful; thank you to all who post here for that!

I don't know if I have enough experience to be much help to others, I have primarily been using Hptuners to remove unwanted features from vortec PCM's in preparation for an engine transplant; I have not yet jumped into the deep end of tuning for power but that day will come!

I am in Kalifornia so everything fun has to be made from a car built before 1976 (smog exempt), Hptuners has been great for doing these LS conversions; it really simplifies the whole process.

I finally registered because I need some tips on replacing a PCM, I will try to find the correct section to get into that but I wanted to say hello first and a belated thank you for being such a great resource for us lurkers for several years!

Potential Tuner
    Hello everyone the name is Chris I'm a 23 year military vet also did a few years of defense contracting but now it's times to enjoy life a little so I decided to work on my own vehicles, my project right now is a 06 TBSS will post pics later and I just purchased an HP TUNERS and trying to learn the craft of tuning lol. I hope I can learn as much as I can from everyone here and look forward to the talks

Potential Tuner

Exclamation 2006 chevy cobalt SS

Hey guys, I need help, badly. I have a 2006 Chevy Cobalt SS. Here within the last month, it started acting up. It went from pushing about 16-19 pounds of boost to 3 now. I have replaced the battery and spark plugs. still didn't help. Can anyone help me, please!?

Potential Tuner
    Hello all, my name is Bart and I'm from Pennsylvania. I hope to learn a bunch from the forum. I'm currently messing around with a newly acquired 2013 Chevrolet Caprice PPV 6.0l. I've been tuning the transmission shift firmness and shift times. This is kind of a learning curve for me so bear with me. Thanks Everybody.

Potential Tuner
    I'm gary. My 2010 ls3 camaro is backfiring and going into reduced power. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Potential Tuner
    Hey y'all, I'm Johnny current AD in the good ole Air Force. I've owned my 2011 Silverado since it was brand new, and just recently purchased HP Tuners. So far I've been really enjoying it and look forward to learn a lot more!

Potential Tuner
    Just came across this and still new here so here goes... My name is Bill I'm in my late 30's and have loved and worked on vehicles for as far back as I can remember. I've never done anything computer wise though and honestly this thing has my all but lost! Of course the 2005 GMC Canyon I'm "tuning" is nearly as easily tuned as some I've seen. Thankfully this forum is here for me to read over and learn.

Tuner in Training
    I'm Steve, in my late-30s and I'm always working on my own projects, cars, house, you name it. I prefer to work on my own vehicles when I can...I try to draw the line appropriately but I also like to push myself to learn more. I'm also a proficient computer operator--tables, spreadsheets, data analysis, etc., so I wanted to learn about tuning hands-on and see where I can take it.

My daily driver is a '15 Duramax 2500 that I bought brand new, and I also have a 99 Tahoe 5.7 Vortec that I picked up cheap for snow plowing. Probably going to start with the Vortec, since I know I can replace the ECM if I brick it. I'll gradually work in the tune content a little at a time so I can hope to identify quickly if I overdo anything and then walk it backwards.

I've already seen lots of great information here on the forum. Might spend up for some training literature from The Tuning School down the road. Just ordered my MPVI2 a few days ago. Can't wait.

Tuner in Training
    Spencer from central fl
    95 camaro 24x conversion

Potential Tuner
    Hey all,
    Brody from North Carolina, made a pilgrimage from GMT400.com over to here to seek some help as well as learn a few things about tuning and what not.
    Recently did the 0411 swap on my '96 Chevy K2500 with a 7.4L/4L80E, and I'm having quite a few issues, but I'm sure with I'll be able to get it figured out as well as expand my knowledge when it comes to tuning.