Thread: Can't view hp tuners website or forum from home? Blocked ip address? Help

Advanced Tuner

Can't view hp tuners website or forum from home? Blocked ip address? Help

Posting this via data on my phone! Internet provider shaw says hp tuners is blocking my IP address however support claims there not? I have 3 different computers, two different browsers that access any website via shaw high-speed through a new d-link router, but say they can't connect to the server when I try any hp tuner site??

Do I need to switch over two efi live?? As I can view there site? I just would rather use both, and i love the tune repository and forum help on hpt, but I'm becoming a bitter customer support won't help me? I'll PayPal 20.00 to anyone who can help me get hpt on my home computer again!

Advanced Tuner
    Just to rule out an issue with the networking equipment in your home, have you tried accessing the hptuners website when hooked up directly to your modem without the router?

I find it unlikely that the hpt folks would IP ban you but keep your forum account active. This seems to me like an issue with your router. If you can access the site without the router hooked up you should either pour through the settings of the router to find where you (or someone playing a joke on you) has blocked the site...or reset the router to default settings and then reconfigure your wireless network.
    Last edited by sevinn; 05-01-2015 at 06:43 AM.

What is the EXACT error message your browser says when you try to view our website?
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
    Just to rule out an issue with the networking equipment in your home, have you tried accessing the hptuners website when hooked up directly to your modem without the router?

I find it unlikely that the hpt folks would IP ban you but keep your forum account active. This seems to me like an issue with your router. If you can access the site without the router hooked up you should either pour through the settings of the router to find where you (or someone playing a joke on you) has blocked the site...or reset the router to default settings and then reconfigure your wireless network.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    What is the EXACT error message your browser says when you try to view our website?
    Tried without router same error message, which is

This page can't be displayed
    Make sure the web address http://www.hptuners.com is correct.

Look for the page with your search engine.
    Refresh the page in a few minutes

A tech from my shaw high speed remote accessed to my conputer disabled all add ins to browser, and cleared the cache and then checked the ip, said the site hpt is blocking all attempts of my IP address, couldn't get a ping or whatever

Yet hpt says there not blocking my ip? I'm gonna yell at my internet provider on the phone with them right now, they swear it's good on there end!

Advanced Tuner

No one claims responsibility!! So frustrating

My note book, with fire fox, my iPhone with safari
    My desktop with ie all display simular error messages, when trying to access hptuners.com

I know nothing's wrong with my computers or my router

And hp says they are not blocking my ip? I'm at a loss as to what to try next

Advanced Tuner

But just in case 64 bit windows 7
    Ie 11 version 11.0.9600.17728

How come I can acces hpt on my iPhone using data only?

Senior Tuner
    http://free-proxyserver.com/browse.p...b=29&f=norefer

follow this link, type in hptuners.com in the address bar and see if it goes through.

I use shaw as well, they use a dynamic ip address system. They should be able to change your ip address, even assign you a second one through tech support.

Where in Canada are you?

Advanced Tuner
    Using the proxy works!! typing this from my desktop at home! Shaw did change my IP, still didn't work. Going to try a new modem tomorrow, to hopefully get a new mac address, tired changing the DNS as well, no dice either.

What could it be?? HP tuners support is useless, on this no help at all, other the to say they don't block IPs.

I'm in Vancouver BC.

Advanced Tuner
    Either shaw's routing to the hpt site is messed up from your area (unlikely) or they did indeed ban your ip. Perhaps not even on purpose if it was a moderator mis-click or something.

You should be able to request a new IP without getting a new modem with most ISPs.

We're not your personal tech support.

We're not blocking your IP, or any other IP's. We're not going to help you determine where along the network the communication are dropping either. That's not what we do.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner
    Dude, i agree with you, however don't you think that commenting on a 5 years old thread is a bit of senseless? Even the owner commented in here and he pointed out that they do not ban the ips. Maybe they do now, however it is not a problem at all in my opinion. Just go and get a vpn, change the ip and go on. You won't be facing it anymore. I have been using proxies for a couple of years, and the result is the same, never seen such a thing like ip blocked. The iproyal.com proxies are actually really great, as even our company is using it, for digital security, and so the servers don't get down.
    Last edited by AlexAuba; 10-25-2020 at 10:19 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I believe you were responding to a spambot. I have banned them.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    How to a make a post ? It won’t let me post anything hit it will let me read other peoples post