Page 88 of 115 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 2289

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Potential Tuner
    Hi everyone, I'm Dan, i have a 2002 sierra 1500 rwd that i swapped an 8.1L / 4L80E into, and i mess around with ls swaps and wiring, mild fabrication. I'm interested in doing some basic tuning for myself and possibly helping friends.

Tuner in Training
    New member here, been wrenching on cars since I was a kid, I do 95% of all work needed and I'm looking to get into the tuning and the understanding of tuning/modifying/monitoring the data from our vehicles.

Glad to be here, wish I did sooner.

Potential Tuner
    Howdy from Colorado. Been working on / building cars for decades. Finally decided it's time to learn how to tune :-)

Potential Tuner
    Hi new guy here been wrenching for quite a while. Still do everyday at a dealership for honda. had a diablo tuner for my car and decided to switch to HPT. ill have to say its much more involved which is what I was looking for slowing learning to tune with HPT

Morning y'all. Name is Scott from Louisville KY. Just finishing up 8 year resto on my 87 Cutlass. It's my 1st car, had it since 2001. I've done a 5.3/80E swap to it with a Tick cam, holley midrise, 92mm Warr TB (having howling issues), 80E has a HD2 kit and a billet FTI converter.
    I've got a good friend with years of HPT experience, so he set me up with a solid tune based from his LS1 swapped 80 Lemans wagon. I'm running SD on a custom OS and 1bar Map.
    The IAC howling issue I'm having is as follows. On startup the engine revs up, then settles back down. If I take off on a cold engine the howl will be very subtle once engine warms up. If I shut car off and restart the howl is horrible at idle until the IAC counts drop to zero. If engine is under a load the howl is gone. As soon as foot lifts from pedal the screeching howling comes roaring in.
    I've drilled a small hole in the TB blade same size as factory, changed to a more "pointy" GM IAC and it helped a smidge. It's so damn annoying, and sounds like a horrible vacuum leak, but no leaks are present as the howling goes away after sitting for a couple seconds.
    My next plan of attack is to waller out the IAC passage to get it more like the stock size passage.
    Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. If I need to download my current tune or recent logs let me know.
    Thanks!

Potential Tuner
    Hi, BuckWild from Wisconsin. I was a mechanic for 23+ years, ASE Master certified. I gave up wrenching for work but still needed to tinker. I have a 77 Camaro project and have a L76 and 6L90 to put in it. Plan on getting HP Tuners to get everything working. Need help with what ECM to get that will work with the 6L90 TCM and I will modify a harness. Any and all help would be really appreciated!

Tuner in Training
    Hey Folks.

I recently got a Ripp Supercharger kit put on my 2016 Charger AWD v6.
    I did the install and I had it dyno tuned but I want to learn how to tune and according to other dyno runs I have seen I have about 30hp left on the table.

I also plan to build another 3.6 and I want to be able to tune it and I even thought of switching to E85.

I am looking forward to learning everything I can.

Potential Tuner
    hola camaradas casi no hablo ingles pero entiendo muy bien. Hi, I'm xavier, I'm a mechanic and I'm new to hp tuners
    Last edited by Javier campos; 07-23-2020 at 01:32 PM. Reason: equivocado

Hello Everyone, I am a retired ME and live just south of Denver in Colorado. I own a 2002 Pontiac GTP coupe. I used to show it back in the day. It has been garaged and covered for the last 15 years. Had to get out of the game for a while due to finance issues. This past weekend with the help of an old friend we got it started. I still have insurance to look into, Colorado emissions, why I am here on this tuner site, and license plates to buy before I can go hit the local Test and Tune @ Bandimere. I have not bought a tuner yet wanted to join the forum and learn a bit before dropping 3-4 hundred. I am also new to this forum's protocols so I am not sure how to post pictures yet. Hell, no time like the present let me try an experiment to see if I can get a picture to post.
    Last edited by OutandBack; 07-25-2020 at 12:09 AM.

Hi guys. Well. From some that I read. Wow I?m on the opposite side of the fence. Lol. My background is construction and worked my way up and owned my own company then felt it was done and a 2 week payday would be nice again lol. now I sit in a paint booth all day and spray wood and side hobby cars , hobbies are sxs and wheeling my xj. Building motors well not a hobby. I fix cars and rebuild motors because I can?t afford to pay some one else to did it lol. So I leaned over the years as I went was a mechanic for a while but like the back yard scene better. Why I got on here. Is I finally was able to buy by favourite truck 03 ram 3500 drw. well wanted 2nd Gen but wife said it?s too old lol. And in searching for tuners. I came across hptuner since I can?t go efi live. Hp it is because the issues I have can?t be fixed with a over the counter box tuner I?m hoping I can pick it up quick and fix my truck I had a guy going to do it for me but I seem to not be able to get ahold of him now. So it?s on my plate now. ������
    Last edited by drwoffroad; 07-25-2020 at 11:23 AM.

Potential Tuner

A new kid on the block

Hi. I am quite new to Action Cams.
    Bought GoPro 7 to record motorcycle rides.
    I am retired 68years 'old' now, but occasionally work as a consultant geologist, if it's an interesting project.
    Background in systems management. IT and web design. I also make and sell jewellery. Phew.
    Bought Race3Render3 as the better option. GoPro Studio now discontinued, Dashware doesn't easily merge GPS segment data files. so RaceRender3 seems the way to go.
    I use Filmora9 for subsequent video editing.
    Enjoy my motorcycle, paragliding and scuba.
    Paul
    medium-desert-springfield.jpg ring10010.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Roc Doc; 08-02-2020 at 04:54 AM. Reason: add pic

Potential Tuner
    Hi my name is Greg. I'm a noob. I've got an 04 Tahoe 5.3 flex. My mechanic said I needed to advance the timing in my truck so I bought a tuner. I'm in need of coaching. Wrenched for a long time for fun. Built several engines but never messed with computers.

Quote Originally Posted by Greggera View Post
    Hi my name is Greg. I'm a noob. I've got an 04 Tahoe 5.3 flex. My mechanic said I needed to advance the timing in my truck so I bought a tuner. I'm in need of coaching. Wrenched for a long time for fun. Built several engines but never messed with computers.
    No offense to your mechanic but I don't think he has any idea what he is talking about. Show him a stock timing table and I think he will change his tone, it's far more "advanced" than most people think. And with no explanation as to why it needs more timing makes for a puzzling statement.

The stock camshaft is holding things back not the ignition timing. There is a limit to power gains with stock cams.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Hello everyone my name is Lonnie. Interested in getting into hp tuners, I have built a megasquirt 3 before for my turbo BMW so I'm not completely clueless but I know there's alot to learn with this system. I have a couple vehicles I would be interested in tuning. One is my ls3 swapped c4 corvette and the other being my 15 ram hemi.

Hello, I'm Tony.
    I'm the owner of 2019 Ford Ranger.
    Tony the author on the bestlightguide.com

Potential Tuner
    Hi, I'm Greg.
    Living in Melbourne Australia. Got a VY Commodore LS1 racecar, a 5.4 BF falcon Ute race car and a blown LS3 VF as my tow car.
    Lots of tuning to do - just have to figure out how to do it......

Good morning, new member looking to learn as much as I can before I start burning modules LOL.

Potential Tuner
    Hey 👋

I?m Taylor from Lafayette, LA.

I used to have Camaros when I was in highschool and college years ago. I tuned them with HPTuners.

In 2015 I purchased a brand new new Subaru WRX. It?s been a good car. Oh and the windows still work haha (fbody pun). It?s mostly stock with just a KN filter and airbox upgrade, 1.1inch lowering springs, some extra carbon fiber, and window tint. I?ve always wanted to do the catless J pipe (downpipe) and tune.

When I saw HTP released support for Subarus I got super excited. Unfortunately, there?s no support for the direct-injected Subarus . So only the 2008-2014 WRX and 2008-2021 WRX STIs are supported.

I?m going to hang out with my stock car and cat-less Jpipe in the closet for a few more months and hope HPT supports me subie soon.

Thanks and nice to meet you all!

Tuner in Training
    What's up guys,

I currently drive a 2014 Silverado 1500 lt z71 oddball combo but it is what it is. this truck has a chevy 5.3 in it, texas speed offroad cat delete long tube headers and Y pipe, then its straight back to a Flowmaster super 10 muffler. the intake as of right now is a 6.2l throttle body and intake manifold and it is stout like this. just started tuning and am learning the program as quickly as I can. I am having some issues with my O2 sensor right now but that's probably just bad wiring due to myself breaking the clip that holds the wires together on accident. so the truck runs like junk.

I have a thread started that will be a build and a tune thread with pictures from this point forward so stay tuned guys

Also i like beer and dancing

Potential Tuner
    Hello I'm Rod from New Mexico. i just want to learn new things. learn on programming for performance. nice to meet you all.