Page 1 of 115 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Arrow Introduce yourselves here..

Howdy..names Chris.
    My specialty is in basic electronics and sensors. I've built a few stand-alone F/I setups for a Harley, racing go-kart and believe it or not a racing lawnmower!
    15+yrs as an ASE master mech and the last 10 as a network security admin.
    And yes, I build robots ;D
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

Potential Tuner

Re: Introduce yourselves here..

well i am new to this board and to the world of programming. i am just starting out and found that i am pretty clueless to what i am suppose to be doing. so i am just going to hang around and watch and learn for the most part.
    but other than that i am a better wrench turner than i am at writing code. but if i have anything usefull i will post it.
    btw name is don ;D

Hi All,

I have two hats: My vendor hat, and my hacking hat. I try hard to balance them. I am not lurking/posting on this board as a vendor - I am here as a hacker.

I have gathered a lot of information from these types of forums and anything that I have learnt through these types of forums and anything that I have hacked out on my own I will be happy to share. I don't have the information in a nice neat pile - its all in my head so if anyone wants info just ask.

The only thing I cannot do is share commercial-in-confidence information.

So if anyone has any questions about ALDL or OBD-II for GM vehicles, or if anyone needs help writing code (VC++ or Delphi) to communicate with GM-PCM's just ask I will provide as much assistance as I can.

Regards
    Paul

Hi!

First I'd like to say thanks to Chris for the wonderful job he's doing helping out. I really appreciate it!

Paul, thanks a ton for helping as well. I'm very glad to have the hacking side of you here.

My name is Keith. I've been PCM hacking for about a year now. Nothing major until just recently though. My method is to remove the 28F400 flash chips from the pcm with a heat gun and then read them in my EMP-20. It's not the most easy way, but for me right now its the only way.

I put up this board for several reasons. I have learned quite a bit so far and I would really like to share the knowledge. I also know there are many others out there just like me who would also like to share. And most importantly, I would really like to see us all work together and perhaps come up with a DIY editor for all OBD-II PCM's at a very affordable cost. I think that would be awesome!

I hope you all enjoy your stay here! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make it better. Thanks!

- Keith
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner

Hey all,

My name is Deidrick. I graduated college almost 2yrs ago(EE w/ an emphasis on electronics). I have been working as a semiconductor product engineer. I do a little programming and alot of data analysis, mostly it is project management, lining the ducks in a row for a new product. I do have to do some troubleshooting and customer support.

I like electronics. I am not that well versed in assembly. I never claim to be a programmer. I have experience with PCB design.

I just want a way to easily change parameters in my PCM. Perhaps something like LS1edit. Custom programming exists, but I want more flexibility if I add more mods.
    I have had my car for 5 plus years, and I am tired of all the OBDII secracy.

I am a DIY guy. While I may not have time for lots of things, I have done alot of the mods on my car myself(porting, etc.)

DEE

Tuner in Training

Hi Everyone

I'm a racing engine builter by Trade,Have flow bench,Sf901 dyno,all toys. Being playing with FI about 2yrs now programing 730 ecm.built manifolds.had a O2 simulater built (not rear one) So I could Idle 12.5 to13.5
    with a cam.Got hook on Ls1 for my Nova.Have made a 434 out of it.DO NOT KNOW nothing about programing Do not have in problem tuning them tho.Have TC,PP,Wide band, If I can be in help on eng. related or if I see something I have exp. on I will try to HELP. Have a friend in Canada that can rewrite code has done a lot for me on 730.I going to try and get him to come to this board.He should be lot help.

I CAN NOT THANK You all enough for any inflo I get.
    This is my Golf bag!

Thanks Lee PS Can not spell very good

Potential Tuner

Hey All my name is Mike,

Am a Gearhead (ME) by trade. Have a frankenstein 81 Camaro with TPI running on a 96 C/K ECM. ;D So i am still pretty new to this programing but started on the '165s. I know little about the flash pcms and would like to be able to change some stuff in the one i've got.

Take it easy y'all
    Mike

Some of you may already know me, but I've been doing OBDI interfaces for a few years now. But I would not have gotten where I am without help from others. I'll help with what I know of, but I certainly don't know as much as I'd like to know about OBDII. Just a personal knowledge quest thing. OBDI, now that's an old pair of comfy jeans.

My web site is http://www.akmcables.com (and for the harder core, http://www.mindspring.com/~amattei/aldl.htm - which has been up for 5 years now!).

-Andrew

Tuner in Training

Hello all, My name is Kevin. I am a machinist, and do a little tinkering on motorbikes and cars.
    I own an 86 S-10, which I bought new. The 2.8 ltr under the hood got to almost 160,000 km and spun a rod brg. I was not impressed with the performance of the 2.8 and decided that it was time for a V8. I was looking for an EFI ( I hate all the carb troubles) engine and ended up with a 1994 L99 and 4L60E. I am at the point where I need some help with my OBD1 PCM. Gotta run, questions later.

Tuner in Training

Hello everyone. My name is John. I am currently Hacking the 93-95 northstar PCM. I am one of those curious guys that always has to have little projects. I want to know how things work and why things were done the way they were. I am an mechanical engineer with a better than average(for non EE's) electronics background.

Potential Tuner

My name's Josh, I am a proud fbody owner along with a few other's so far. I see alot of people here are also members of cv6/fv6 forum. Basically, I wanna leech off of everything you guys have learned so far. I am hoping for a way to fine tune my pcm on my own. The crap guys so for $300, I wanna be able to do on my own. change the settings many times, and perfect if for my car. then add something to my car, and be able to tune it again 8)
    Basically I want the easy way out... follow keith's step by step directions and plug in my own settings :/
    being able to diagnose problems with the car would be cool too.

Potential Tuner

Hello all,
    I'm an ex auto tech (or is that possible?), last 15 yrs working for an auto mfr. on the service side.

Newbie to interfacing/programming using non-OEM tools, but all of you will help me figure that out, right?

I'll be happy to share OEM insights where legal, but I'm not that brilliant, and what I do know is mostly ISO/Euro info using OEM tools. I'm really here to learn if I can tweak my new Harley (Delphi ECM). This should be fun AND a learning experience!

Just call me JD.

Potential Tuner

Hey all,

I'm a 2 year Maintenance Tech. in the Navy. I primarily deal with the installation of Fiber Optics and power. I also do a little SA work when they are short handed on busy days. I have a very limited programming background, but I love to turn wrenches. Right now, I have a few mods that dicate some custom tuning, and have no true means to do this. I, like most others on here, am really just looking for an easy way to tune my car to account for new mods, weather, etc...

Dee, it's good to see you here...

Have a great day.

Alex
    3.4\", FWI, Borla Exhaust, INTENSE LSD, Comp Cams \"HL\" Cam, TEP Heads (w/ Comp 26915 Springs, GPStore PCM&&&&Waiting to install: N.O.S. Wet Nitrous Kit, QTEC Electric Cutout&&Next Mods: Headers, 3.0\"

Potential Tuner

[br]
    Greetings, my name is Jim.

I am a Maintenance Manager for a major So. Calif. Areospace Manufacturer. I hold a BS degree in Business Administration, and am working on a Masters in the same field.

Cars, and trucks, have been a major interest of mine for many years now. Since the advent of computer controls into the automotive arena my endeavors have been limited.

I am a DIY guy, and hoping to learn from this forum as much as possible to erase the fog from editing both OBDI and OBDII PCMs.
    [br]

Potential Tuner

I'm Nathan.

Currently a second year aerospace engineering student at MS State University. I'm an amateur "mechanic" and am pretty decent when it comes to the hardware side of electronics and computers.

Other than that I'm clueless and looking to learn.

Potential Tuner

hey all,

I'm a 20 year old aerospace maintenance guy(i fix wiring on planes). I want to get my major in Electrical engineering and computer engineering but don't have time for school yet. I know the basics and theories of electronics and i used to program in C and VB. I really want to get into this stuff and make a stand alone ECM. That obviously won't be for a really long time because i know nothing about how the management works on OBDII. So i'll lurk and give a few comments here and there. I'm here cause i want to learn as much as i can and start on my projects. Oh... I drive a 96 Sunfire GT.

-Dusty-
    \"Think of Life After the Jump\" -Dustin Hardy-

Tuner in Training

Hey, I'm Marty. I graduated with a BS in Computer Engineering at U of I Champaign/Urbana in May. Been taking it easy around the house working on my dads small business since then.

I have a 97 Z28 that I would like to just completely OWN the PCM of. Every little detail, every little thing it does...I want to figure it all out and bend it to my will. Hopefully one day this will be reality.

In the mean time, anyone looking for a Computer Engineer? I needs me a job.
    97 30th Z28 TT&&86 RX7 awaiting LT1/T56&&80 Buick LeSabre

Potential Tuner

Greetings all, the name is Dan.
    Have an addiction to disassembling all things electronic, often to my downfall in younger years (C= 64's CIA6526 + soldering iron + 8-year old == ?). From there to phone phreaking, wanna-be cryptopunk, bulletin boards and 'net access before the web -- hey, it was 12 years ago ;-)

Anyhow, not going to bore you with unnecessary details. Have significant experience [reverse] engineering all types of systems as a hobbyist, now for profit as technical/management lead for a vulnerability assessment group. Can code in C, can manage asm from m68k to DEC Alpha to x86. Am more useful and efficient under Unix (FreeBSD at home since 1993 or so) than win32. Have designed embedded products and comp. security software from the ground up.

Want to answer questions the factory manuals for my GM W-body vehicle left out in terms of PCM internals and stock calibration. Translating that into performance tuning is great, but think we need to crawl before running a marathon. Also have been bouncing some of my own research off Magnus in the background, will try to contribute what I can when free.

Best regards!

Tuner

Well relized I never introduced my self here
    So here goes...
    Name: Mark.
    Live : Upstate NY.
    Love: tinkering with anything that has an engine on it wether it goes on land, sea, air, or snow.
    Profession : 4 years internet programming.
    OBD exp : Little to none . I have an AutoTap v2 and wrote a few little apps for it to get some data from the PCM. I am just getting into reading the image files. Ordering a reader very soon so I can flash my chip after I figure out all this table stuff.... help! please...
    Thats about it.
    &&-=#Determined to figure out the PCM in my 2k Impala#=-&&http://www.lynoise.com

Potential Tuner

hi my name is steve, form queens New York.
    i build big block racing motor and tanny. i must have gotten involve in the 98 buick regal s/c motor. i also have a 87 buick GN. i am looking forward to learn more about hacking the computer, cause i can truly see this is another way to bring out the power in a fuel injection motor. teach me guys... i am all ears...
    BLA BLA BLA,