Page 10 of 115 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Advanced Tuner
    What's up? I'm new to the tuning scene but not the mechanical. I have a 97 GMC that I'm installing a 2002 LS1 in, a 2000 Silverado to tune, a 2000 Denali to tune and an 85 Porsche 911 with an supercharged LS1 that's a friend of mine that we're gonna tune. Looking forward to meeting some fellow tuners and learning alot.
    Last edited by Nitrous; 01-14-2006 at 10:49 AM.

I never did introduce myself I guess...

I'm Steve Meents, and right now I'm a LT in the Air Force. I work as a test engineer, testing various weapon systems. Education-wise, I have a BS in Mechanical Engineering from the USAF Academy, and will be leaving this fall to get my Master's in Aeronautical Engineering (Air Breathing Propulsion).

I've never known much about cars, and still don't know everything, but I'm learning. I'm the only person I trust to touch my baby
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

Advanced Tuner
    Hey everyone. I have been prowling around here for a a couple of months (since I bought my project 98 Z28 M6). I just got done installing a an LS2 402 in it and it is time to learn the tuning side. It runs really rough right now. Wont idle. I ordered my HPTuner package on Feb 1st but received an e-mail asking if I wanted to wait till the 15th for the new and improved stuff sooooo I am waiting. It is very painful but it will give me a little time to get some preliminary information under my belt. I think that I have decided that SD tune is the way to go.

See you guys around here.

Hi all, my name is Chris and I'm switching over from the mail order tune world. I've had a series of Wester's tunes and although the are a great improvement they are never 'just right' for me.

I have a 2001 Z71 SBEC with the 5.3 and can't wait to do some of my own tuning. I have '0' experience so I'll be out here quite a bit. I do have some friends (3 from other sites and one local guy) that are willing to help me get started.

Future plans:
    1. Learn the basics of tuning
    2. LS6 cam swap
    3. Get blown

I hope to learn a lot and not screw up too bad!

Tuner
    Hi, I'm Chris from Greensboro, NC. My brother & I are partners in a mfg. business. We make diamond core drill bits for drilling holes in concrete.
    I was the light holder for many of my dad's hot rod projects. I have been turning a wrench on my toys for about 40 years. My first toy was a new mini bike. I took it apart the first week I had it.
    I have been on the HPTuner learning curve since Nov '04. I have an 03 vette - intake, headers, and bullet exhaust. This forum is an endless source of info. Heads, cam, & T/B are next on the list.

03 LS-1 Vette, LGM Longtubes, BillyBoat Bullets, Halltech Stinger, Shaner ported & polished TB, LC-1 WB, Elite E2 Plate, BPP Shifter, DTE 4:10

I have been playing around with engines since I was about 8 years old. My dad gave me a broken - rod out the side - Wisconsin 12 HP weed mower engine. I stripped it down and put it back together just to see how it all fit together. Then I moved on to cars. (My undoing...) My first was a 70 Cutlass "S" that moved pretty good for a 350.

I got into electronics early. Built a "burgler" alarm to keep my sister out of my room. hehehe. Got degreed in Electronics & Bachelored in Robotics.

I have been working with ECM's/PCM's specifically since about 1990. I had a 1990 TBI Camaro and worked in straight binary with an EPROM burner to tweak out a few more ponies. Had to ditch the horrible Robinson/Nugent EPROM socket in the ECM because it wouldn't stay connected.

I worked for the big "E" corp for 14 years (great company BTW!) doing tuning, ARB certification emissions tests, and engine & chassis dyno work. Then I went to work for a smaller company for a short while. Now I'm tuning a lot of Corvettes.

I guess I've been downsizing the last couple years. Hehehe

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

Advanced Tuner
    hello,i'm mike regina a new member.waiting for shipment of tuner package so i know nothing at this point. i'm a retired aotumotive stamping engineer.been playing hot rod and mechanic all my life and hope to learn a lot more interesting good stuff by reading your posts.i just bought a whipple for my 2000 5.3 suburban and would like to buy a copy of the installation manual at a reasonable price--the company wants $40.00 (outrageous). [email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Nino Lopez, 23 yrs old/ married/ Not the brightest of the bunch, but learning alot from everyone here and on tech. Started working on cars when i got my first fbody (82 berlinetta) when I was 17. Jan 05 marked the turning point for me when I finally began modding my TA. Within that first year I've done everything from pulley swaps to motor pulls to rearend installs. Now Ive ventured into the tuning side of it. Like Steve mentioned, I only trust me to touch my car! Going on almost 4.5yrs enlisted in the NAVY, currently deployed and cant wait to get back and start using the new MPVI as well as continuing to pick everyones brains! Im from Plano, TX and live in San Diego, CA.

Potential Tuner
    Greetings, all... Ed Henderson, 52, Weddington (near Charlotte) NC USA... drive an '04 GTO (Magnacharged, currently 470/440) and ride a turbocharged Bandit 1200 (250+/155)... jack of all trades/master of several...

Advanced Tuner
    hey guys. my names josh, 19 and live in the Washington DC area. just ordered hpt and plan on tuning the camaro ss thts a father/son project. were also puttin a torquer 2 into it and an ls1/t56 into my 89.

Tuner
    Hey everybody. Im Rob, from Las Vegas, NV, Im an art history student at UNLV, a photographer and allround mischief maker, I've been a lurker here up until the 4cyl stuff came out. I have a 2001 Pontiac Grand Am w/ a twin cam 2.4L motor that I turbocharged, and managed to get 340hp out of. Once I found out about HPTuners, I jumped on the bandwagon, intend to remove my Apex S-AFC bandaid, and make some real power without throwing miscallaneous codes.
    450hp Grand Am 4cyl anyone?
    Pontiac Grandma 2.4L LD9 (GT30R - super special option)
    12.4@118mph, spinning and being sloppy, 432hp 424tq

Potential Tuner

Hello everyone!

My name is Robert (Sab), and I hail from Houston, Texas. I just recently joined this forum, in hopes of getting some insight to the new tuners just-released for the Colorado / Canyon pickups. I may not post a lot, but I sure will be reading everything!

I own an '06 Canyon Crew Cab ZQ8...that I hope to put in the high 14-second bracket.

I am a member of the ColoradoCanyonFans forum staff. I mostly write articles there, concerning performance modifications. We've just completed a Ram Air Project for our GMT355's, that has gone quite well. I am currently involved in the transformation of our forum, to better deal with the new tuner/programmers from HP Tuners. From the CEO of this company, to it's everyday members...I find this association a very professional one!
    Last edited by Sab; 05-06-2006 at 01:50 PM.

Tuner
    Hey guys!

I am also Robert (tho I go by Bob) and also, I am from the ColoradoCanyonfans.com site... tho I am just a member, not staff there. Pretty excited about this new release for my colorado. Gonna be using this on my Collie, both of my brothers Silverado's, as well as a '70 Chevy shortbed that we have an LS2 about halfway in right now.

I've got some tuning experience with both Split Second piggy back units, and an AEM standalone. Looking forward to getting more involved here, and can;t wait for my MPVI to arrive..

Potential Tuner

??????????????????

I am assuming you use this programmer. I am considering purchasing this setup. Maybe you can clarify a few things for me.
    1. If I purchase the credits for 1 2004 LS1 corvette, can I program other identical cars with the same equipment or will I have to purchase something seperatly for every identical car.

2. Can I use the same programmer for cars and trucks.

3. What is your rating of this equipment as far as versatility and ease of usage?
    Quote Originally Posted by ls1tools
    Hi All,

I have two hats: My vendor hat, and my hacking hat. I try hard to balance them. I am not lurking/posting on this board as a vendor - I am here as a hacker.

I have gathered a lot of information from these types of forums and anything that I have learnt through these types of forums and anything that I have hacked out on my own I will be happy to share. I don't have the information in a nice neat pile - its all in my head so if anyone wants info just ask.

The only thing I cannot do is share commercial-in-confidence information.

So if anyone has any questions about ALDL or OBD-II for GM vehicles, or if anyone needs help writing code (VC++ or Delphi) to communicate with GM-PCM's just ask I will provide as much assistance as I can.

Regards
    Paul

Tuner in Training
    Hey guys, I'm a total newb to the tuning scene. I ordered HPT last Friday, looking forward to getting it.

I feel that I've taken my truck as far as possible with out a top notch tune and there isn't a shop with in 250 miles of me that can do it so, hopefully, I'll learn to do it myself (with a lot of help from some friends and you guys).
    2011 Silverado ECSB 4x4 5.3, 6L80, Magnaflow cat-back, Airaid CAI.

Gone but not forgotten. '02 Avalanche 5.3, Vortech supercharged, 3.12 pulley, 10 psi boost, SMC meth injection, 212/218 .558/.563 115LSA cam, shorty headers, off-road Y-pipe, 3" elec. cutout.

Tuner in Training
    Hello, my name is Mark Russell. I've been drag racing since 1976 and still going strong. I just recently purchased a 2006 Trailblazer SS and would like to learn to tune it. I've been reading good things about HP so I'll probably purchase one soon. I hope you folks will be patient with me since I have almost no previous experience with ECM/TCM tuning. All my racing has been done with Holley Carbs. and regular distributors.
    If you're gonna do it, do it right.

Potential Tuner
    hey guys new here, have friends with ls juans and this program works wonders
    2002 Trans Am NHRA Edition. Red, Ebony int, auto, Whisper Lid, Hooker cat back...click here

Tuner
    Hey everyone I'm Pj

I'm a factory mechanic from Bordentown, NJ. I'm 23 years old, and have been active in the car/ drag race scene for about 3 years now.

I swapped from an LN2 8 valve pushrod 4 cylinder in my cavalier to an ecotec L61. I'm very pleased thus far with its performance but am always looking to push the envelope.

I'm eventually going to turbo charge it, and have 80% of the components to do such but am holding off until I can purchase an S10 daily driver. I was originally going to build a MegaSquirt system (I was about 60% complete) to control the fuel injection system, but decided to give it up and try the HPTuners software. I will be running HPT all motor for a while, and decided to throw a header on the car to see if I could get deeper into the 14s n/a.

I'm pleased to be a part of a forum with people I can learn from. Its nice to know I'm surrounded by knowledgable people that are on my level if not higher, and can give me worth while answers or point me in the right direction.

I look forward to contributing something to the community, even if its only time slips from the track and .hpt files for other L61 owners. I know Rodimus and Shifted have a head start on me, but both are knowledgable jbody tuners, and hopefully we can co mingle and get some really great info out there for LD9 and L61 people to source in the future.

Tuner in Training
    Hi everyone,

Im George from Pittsburgh, PA. i just purchased the software so i could tune my truck. after having some poor experience with mail orders i figure give this a shot. I know a few ppl familar with the software so i should be in decent hands. the truck is a decently modded ride looking for 11.5s with a good tuning.

man...over 4000 members on this board and less than 200 people willing and nice enough to say hello.... I'm soooo disapointed
    -Scott -