Page 101 of 115 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2294

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Hello I'm new to tuning. I'm driving my 88 Chevy c1500 Silverado with a 4.8 ls swap. Have done a ton of work to this no rust at all truck. Did a complete frame down and now I'm working on a complete interior swap from my 00 Monte Carlo SS pace car. I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone else do this it has turned out so amazing. The engine has been gone through and heads have been ported polished and shaved .020. I did a comp cam thumper 219 233 109lsa long tube headers. Next project is doing fast intake manifold and I'm hoping I can do Holley dash. I did a complete ds18 sound system head unit and 4 4x6 and 6.5 door and 2 under seat subwoofer setup.Now I am tuning using hp tuner just upgraded to mpvi2+ and still learning how to tune but I'm actually surprised I figured out enough to do start up and from there I'm learning.

New to tuning, just purchased HP Tuners MPVI2+. I'm excited and nervous both.

I'll be working on my 2004 Chevy Tahoe to start - had a 6.0L LQ9 swap last year with a supposed stock Escalade tune put on it. Now I want to get into learning more and tweaking things a bit.

Just saying hello, I'm in northeast Oklahoma.

Potential Tuner
    Hello,
    New to the forum. Hoping to get an MPVI2+ as soon as it is off backorder on the website. I'm working on a 2007 LE5 2.4l w/ E67 ECU from a Saturn Sky. Hoping to not do such much performance tuning but rather do the typical remove VATS, disable some of the error code reporting..etc etc. Been monitoring the forum for a while trying to learn what I can from here and youtube videos. Last ECU I had the pleasure of doing this with was an old 90's corvette ECU for a TPI injection system.. used the Moates tuning hardware. Can't wait to get this hardware and dig in so I can get this engine fired up!

Potential Tuner
    Bret From ALBERTA CANADA, body swapped rat rod 1953 mercury truck on and 2005 p71 interceptor frame and running gear, currently working out tune bugs, Throttle actuator and drivability so far, stock harnesses and ecu etc, came to peek t the tune repository and lost my way there.

Potential Tuner
    Phelps here new to the game. Senior master Ford technician for 19 years

Potential Tuner
    Hi my name is Rock I'm from riverside California I am just learning how to work on cars I am currently working on my 2018 chrysler 300s 3.6l v6 rwd I am in process of installing a ripp supercharger and was referenced here to get some help on custom tunes I hope to learn alot from all of you as well as make new friends ty

I'm Melissa, 26 years old and currently working as a HR admin. I am an ambitious and hardworking person who loves to work with people. I enjoy working with people and helping them reach their goals. I am always looking for new opportunities to learn and grow as a person.

Tuner
    Hello all, I’m Stephen. Really happy to see such an interesting group of individuals all interested in learning to tune their vehicles. Been tinkering with electronics as a hobby since I was about 6 years old and created many different mods to all kinds of vehicles from then till now, over 50. I enjoyed many years working on street and race vehicles, motorcycles, jet skis, flat track, drag cars. I?ve built carbs and one off fuel injection systems totally customized. Now I don?t race but I have a 2017 Silverado with a L96 in it so after years away from burning rubber the itch is back and it seems tuning is going to be necessary for my full enjoyment of the truck. Shame it weighs 6800 lbs but I guess that will just make things a little slower for me which is okay for now. I?m excited to learn from you guys and I hope I can offer some advice once I get up to speed.

Potential Tuner
    Hello there. I'm from Oregon, have been in read-only for a couple of weeks, decided to get an account now.

Tuner in Training
    Hi all,

My name is Chad, learned how to wrench in the Marines. I used to race flat track motorcycles and had a dynamometer for a bit.

I'm not the smartest person in the room; but I will drink any kind of beer and I know the difference between analog and digital muffler bearings.

C

Tuner in Training
    Hello everyone, I've decided to try and learn how to tune my own stuff so I'm here to learn as much as I can
    2010 Camaro LS3/M6 : CAI, 2" TSP Longtubes, offroad extensions, TSP F-35 Cam 235/248 .649"/615" 111 LSA, BTR .660 Springs and Retainers, NGK TR6 plugs.

Tuner in Training
    Hi my name is Jan I am a machinist, engine builder, machine shop owner,puter builder,I have been tunning with hp tunners for a year. I have learned a lot from utube and this site.

Potential Tuner
    hello from Texas, wrenching for years, new to the tuning, have a 2004 4.8 with 4l60e cammed headers, new chassis harness, and engine harness truck is running put about 5000 miles on it. tuned 49 chevy truck body 1997 s-10 chassis, have turbo bought not installed. the new MVPI2 Pro, to tune, have 3 bar MAP bought(PN 12592525 ac delco), want to get a compatible, WB 02, to start to get ready for boost set up, what advice or recommendations for good wide band, and any suggestions on decapping or just buy new injectors, planning on walbro 450 pump with firewall mount regulator( not sure which one yet) looking to make 450 at wheels to start, until i upgrade trans. thanks everyone in advance.

Potential Tuner
    Hey folks, David here. Retired Law Enforcement. Along with the bad stuff, I got paid to ride a Harley for a few years, and to work multi-purpose K9s for several years.
    I have a 2018 Silverado 5.3, 6 speed
    I am seriously considering getting the HP Tuner, (and have also looked seriously at the Hypertech 3000).
    My main goals are to disable AFM / DOD, and to do something to the TCC slippage to help prolong the lives of the lifters and / or transmission. I would not complain if I got a little better MPG either.
    I have been told, and maybe seen a hint of it here, that since I have a 2018, nothing can be done to the transmission without sending my ECM in. Another said that since it is a 6 speed, I can adjust it.
    IF IT IS POSSIBLE to adjust, do I need to go whole hog and get the HP, or just get the Hypertech and use a canned tune? They do shift points and firmness, but I wonder if that truly changes the slippage.
    (Sorry, that was not truly a quick reply)
    Humbly, David
    Last edited by The Kid; 03-23-2022 at 11:51 PM.

Hello everyone, my name is Perry. I have worked in an emissions testing dyno lab for the last 30+ years and building cars and trucks on the side. I recently bought HP Tuners for my latest build which is swapping a L96 / 6L80 into a JKU using an RPM Extreme kit. I had my tube buggy with a stroked LS dyno tuned and I plan on tweaking the idle tuning on it also. (Unless it is tuner locked).

Hello to all. My name is Ron
    Looking to learn about tuning my Cummins to my standards.
    Ran other tuners, but finally took the plunge with HP.
    2003 2500 QCLB 305/555 NV5600 W/ FAST COOLERS w/ 9 qts Pennzoil Synchromesh, 4x4, Edge CTS for Gauges added with EAS a real Oil psi, LP psi, Oil temp and trans fluid temp, DPP Cool Hose w/ OEM AF Box, Baldwin PF7977, GDP MK-2 FF Kit, OBS Fan Clutch Mod, Steering Box Brace, 1 piece Al driveshaft, On-Board Air w/Horns, BedRug under Color Matched Leer topper.

Potential Tuner
    hello everyone, My name is Ray. New to tuning, trying to avoid as many mistakes as possible. hopefully be a great tuner one day. I have a 1949 chevy truck on 1997 chevy s-10 chassis, have 2004 4.8/4l60e out of a 70,000 mile Silverado cammed , tsp stage 3 cam 550 lift. I just bought the HVPI2 pro to help me, stand alone harness, painless wiring, had a mail order tune. want to install turbo, have just about everything bought, 3 bar MAP AC DELCO 12592525 (816), have turbo and intercooler and piping want to order a wideband to tune with soon for SD and have to use once turbo is installed, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated on wide band, I've been reading stickies and many threads, trying to get great info and weed out any mis information as not to waste time or money. thanks for all you help thus far.

Hello. Happy to be here, lots to learn. So far I have used HPTuners when I found a 2002 5.7L Express that needed a new 0411 PCM. Now I'm troubleshooting a 2005 Sierra with an L33 that won't start. Hoping to swap this motor into my old squarebody with a 6.2 diesel. Seems like a little research here will help a lot!

Potential Tuner
    New here, i got alot of reading to do. Thanks in advance for the guidance.

Tuner in Training
    New here too. I have an automotive degree which helps, but there is still a lot to learn. The good thing is that there is a lot of info out there on this forum and youtube.