Page 102 of 115 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2289

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Potential Tuner
    Hey everybody my name is Justin. I'm new to tuning but I have been a car/motorcycle enthusiast for 30 years. I have done mostly easy bolt stuff until I decided to start a v8/m6 swap into my Blazer Xtreme. At some point, I hope to make some good contributions, as I am sure I will also need some help as well. I haven't posted anything about my project yet because I wanted to introduce myself first but I will get to it eventually. I look forward to being a part of the tuning community.

Potential Tuner
    Hello, I'm Helen from Dover, I'm working on the Belkins Company.

Potential Tuner
    Hi my name is Sonny. I?m easy going looking forward to interacting with you all and helping when I can. If you want to know more do not hesitate to DM me.

Potential Tuner
    Hello all my name is Josh. Recently purchased an mpvi2 mainly to tune ls stuff. Probably will see me pop up on those threads a bit with lots of questions. I have never used HP tuners software to tune or ever tuned for that matter.i have read some basic introduction material and I am open to learn. If someone would like to point me in the right direction to get started I would appreciate!

Hi,

my name is Sascha and I am from Germany.
    I drive a 2000 Silverado 1500 RegCab/LongBed/2WD with the 4.8 V8.
    At the moment I am building an LS1 Block with 706 heads and Truck Norris Cam to swap into my truck, and tehrefor need to tune the ECU.

I am a trained Car mechanic with about 20 Years of experience in building engines, transmissions, rearends or doing full restorations and mods.
    But normally I work on carbureted vehicles, so I am new to ECU-tuning, but I am willing to learn.

Potential Tuner
    Hey Gang,

My Name is Matt. I have been vlogging my car building journey's on YouTube for quite sometime (since YouTube was new).

In the past I've mainly worked on NA Gen I SBCs. Tuning was a none issue as generally setting base timing, total timing, dialing in a carb was quite easily done with a screw drive, wrench, and a vacuum gauge.
    I'm currently on my third variation of my 1.8 turbo Cruze build (they come NA from the factory). 1) Boosted the stock engine with a T04E 8psi. 2) GT35 with 14psi. 3) Current setup is fully forged, reground cams, custom intake, billet wheel GT35... With so many mods, it's been a real bear to tune, but I'm sure we'll get there.

Somewhat green to HP Tuners on the software end, and it's capabilities. I generally have to follow a lot of step by step guides to get me there, but have had excellent results. Have yet to run into any failures because of my tuning. I've only ran into mechanical issues (sheering flywheel bolts because of power, newb improper PCV setup, too much cam for VVT, etc.). Looking forward to learning how to tune my own engine, have some fun on the dyno, and at the track.

I'll do my best to search before asking questions / creating posts. However, this platform hasn't been boosted by many, so there will be a specific questions for my platform.

Best,
    Matt

Potential Tuner
    Hi, my name is Steve and I'm from Minnesota. I am a retired electric forklift mechanic as well as 8 years as an Avionics technician (1978-1886) in the military and this tuning that you all know like the back of your hand is all new to me so I hope to learn a lot from all of you in hopes of me not screwing up my 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS that my wife bought me when I survived a stroke five years ago. I have a basic working knowledge of tuning, from all of the reading I have done, but my knowledge still barely scratches what I am reading in the forums. It's gonna be a lot of fun....hopefully.

Potential Tuner
    Russ here, new to computer tuning all together. US army combat veteran 05-10 went to school for welding after i was medically retired due to injuries in iraq. now im self employed know my way around vehicles just not this tuning aspect. i see theres alot to read and have been reading for the last few days im eager to learn the ropes and appreciate all help thanks you in advance and Happy Easter!!

Potential Tuner
    Hello new here! thanks for having me!

Tuner in Training
    Hi I am Martin from Melbourne Australia trying to learn a little about programming.
    This is my first time trying to tune (without a screwdriver) I have 2009 Commodore (its like a G8 Pontiac) with a LS2 (L76)
    I am trying to tune after freshen up including DOD delete.

Potential Tuner
    Hi I'm Sebastien from Quebec Canada always love to learn and share knowledge

Potential Tuner
    Hello.. My name is Judd, and from Waxahachie TX. I have a 2006 Silverado Crew Cab that has been tripping a check engine code for a Random Misfire, and the signs of a bad lifter, for way too many years. I just keep resetting the code, and drive it like a baby to keep passing state inspection each year. I hope to finally this year, pull the heads and lifters, and do a cam swap while I'm at it. I've worked on cars and trucks since I was about 15, but those have all been carbureted, so this is my first venture into tuning. Looking to learn.. Thanks..

Potential Tuner
    Hello, my name is Matt. Looking forward to learning.

Potential Tuner
    Hello My name is Andy im from Baxter Iowa. I m new to this tunning venture I was a cert ase tech back in the early 90's for GM dealership i have a decent undersatnding of all the maechanical aspects of vehicle. I have a 2017 silverado that im doing a DOD delete on and adding a stage 2 cam. I have a 91 camaro i wish to do a ls swap in as well. looking for information and guidance to get started in the world of tuning.

Potential Tuner
    Hello, I am Bruce from Indiana (originally from New Jersey).
    I am here because I am looking to tune my V6 Pentastar. Maybe I can learn to tune the engine and tranny myself. It is pretty costly to get all of that tuned through a 3rd party, so maybe I can save some money....

Potential Tuner
    new here i have a 96 impala ss i put a 2001 express van pcm in got it to run but doesn't run smooth yet any tips on getting it to run smooth i don't have much experience tuning but i got it to run and shift just runs rich and has a misfire that goes and comes and when hitting WOT it bogs down and misses then takes off. i have a tune file of it running any help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

John Reed here. Builder of road race vehicles primarily now. Long history of NASCAR, IMSA and SCORE builds and drives, and a few SEMA builds as well. Hoping to adapt the HPtuner system for use in an engine dyno room. Anyone willing to coach an old dog through a few new tricks would appreciate the input.
    Speed is easy..it just takes cubic $$$

Potential Tuner
    Dj, i live in prescott az tune here and there but also am a fto and corporal 4 the county. 36yrs old have been doing automotive since 2004. Went to uti graduated with a 3.47gpa and wasnt there half the time, driving 100 miles everyday 4 a year in rancho cucamonga. I know all about automotive repairs, performance upgrades, turbo mapping installing magnuson superchargers etc. Started my tuning business with hp tuners with around 2k. I learned about hpt back in 2018 when i worked 4 lamb chevy as performance tech, and now make more in a hour tuning then a couple weeks 4 the county.started off with honda's acura's and toyota's. After uti i kinda got turned out by raw v8 power. Now i currently have a 01 tahoe lt autoride all brand new parts, shorty headers, egr, evap, and air pump delete,cross drilled and slotted rotors, true dual flowmaster 3 inch exhaust from cat back, edelbrock 8.5mm wires, venom 400, e fan conversion, 220 amp powermaster alternator and tuned. Also have a 97 prelude 40k miles on h22a jdm engine. Bwr coilovers, cross drilled and slotted rotors, skunk2 pro series intake manifold with 70mm blox tb, carbon fiber induction tube, no name headers, 4 inch apexi exhaust, hondata tuned and obd o swap.

Hi all,

Glad I found HP Tuners, definitely new to tuning. Can't wait to learn more.

All the way from South-Africa.

Thanks.

Regards

Potential Tuner
    G'day I'm Matt new to HP Tuners but have been tuning for a few years now using other tooling. I work 7 days out of town at a coal mine fixing400 - 600 Tonne excavators and come home and work again in my workshop. I have a Dyno Dynamics and a bunch of other tooling I use to dyno tune CRD engines. I'm keen to learn HP Tuners looks like a very good tool. Hope I can help out where I can. Cheers.