Page 103 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2295

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Potential Tuner
    hey guys! long time GM ASE certified master tech. (retired early) Love good BBQ and I'm always cooking something on the pit. I'm giving it a go at tuning gen. 3 and 4 GM LS engines. I'm learning alot very fast. I just tuned my 2004 Pontiac GTO and I'm having a blast! man. what a difference. anyways im trying to start a new thread but cant seem to find where to do this. Any help would be greatly apprechiated.I did an extensive search but cant seem to find any info on my problem thats not from 2002. When I recieved HPT I purchased two credits, synced and tuned my GTO, no problem. Now, my buddy comes over, I purchase two credits, sync and its syncing successfully but when I go to licensing it does not show the credits that I just purchased. I can log into my account at HP Tuners and it shows the credits I purchased but they will not transfer to the MPVI2. I've already updated to the latest firmware and have done a "successful" sync 20 times and it still will not show me credits purchased on the MPVI2. Am I missing something?? PLEASE HELP!
    THANKS A BILLION!
    Mike

Potential Tuner

New guy from Michigan

Whats going on fellas, new around here names Tom, been poking around doing some reading. Going to be rebuilding my 96 3500 454 soon and plan on a 0411 swap so I'll be having some questions when the time come

Thanks Guys

Potential Tuner
    Afternoon,

New to the hptuner and so far loving the tech. I have a 2015 ZL1 6 speed manual up in alaska and have used it to do remote email tuning. Ran into a burned up cylinder 8 now and trying to figure out what went wrong. Still in shock and bummed.
    2015 Camaro ZL1

Tuner in Training
    Pattenperformance76 Hi https://youtu.be/UBQB0afJBUw

Try this video. It's long, but worth watching. I think what you're looking for is about 1/2 way through.
    Last edited by DeepwaterHemi; 07-11-2022 at 10:28 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Hi; I'm Mike. I have an automotive degree, but it only half prepared me for tuning. Just finished tuning my 09 Challenger and it now runs much stronger and smoother than the canned Diablo tune.

Only took 4 attempts, but well worth the effort.

Tuner
    Hi every body I'm Randy, my forum name is Tranzman.
    I'm 65 and a retired ASE Master-tech that spent 90% of his career as a transmission builder. I currently still build 4L60E's & 4L80E's mostly for performance. I'm here partly because of the night mare stories I've heard about and a couple that i got involved in with out my prior knowledge. The other reason is I am doing My own LS swap on a 2000 S10 to a 5.3L. I'm here to read & learn, then buy my own set up and tune it myself.

Potential Tuner
    Hello internet. My name is Mike. New to tuning and my projects are on hold at the moment due to life. I am mostly here to meet you guys and learn what I can. But reaching out today as my 15yr old daughter picked up the HP Tuners today and hasn't put it down. Looking for mentor and help teaching her how to start in the tuning world. This is a field she wants to grow in and plans to be a racer/tuner etc. Any help from those of you who are experienced is greatly appreciated!!!! We have Yukons, pickups, a vette and several other LS vehicles, as well as 2020 mustang gt for her to learn on. As well as street/race car projects.

Potential Tuner
    Hey all Dylan from NZ. Here to join the community of tuning gm LS engines.

Potential Tuner
    Hey Chris from CA.
    Interest: car's, outdoors, canyoneering, mountain biking and dirt biking.... so many hobbies, I'm never bored.

New tuner. Long time builder mechanic.
    Learning on my 74 Firebird Esprit that I swapped a 06 Lq9 with T56 magnum. The engine came from a escalade esv I picked up for a deal. I'm using the modified harness and OEM ecu.
    I have the mpvi2+ and the AEM 30-0300 wideband.
    I'm getting ready to get the engine running and I'm going through the steps and doing my research.
    Finding good info on this forum. Could use all the help I can get. Looking forward to chatting with yall.
    Cheers

Potential Tuner
    Hello Everyone, New here and new to the Tuning world...very new lol. I have a fab shop building Jeeps/crawlers, misc welding/fab stuff and I just finished my 3rd Gen V L83 swap in a TJ and LJ and I purchased the MPVI2 today so I'm ready to "slowwwly" see if I can learn this tuning thing so I maybe...just maybe can tune these swaps by myself. I'm not sure, I'm a hands on guy. Learn pretty well and quick with my hands but reading/computers/software stuff has never been strong for me so I will probably be asking very simple/dumb questions in the future. look forward to learning all about this tuner and scanner and how it can help my business and abilities! Thanks and God Bless everyone!!

Potential Tuner
    Hi, names Mike, from southern WI, new to the whole laptop tuning world but not tuning in general. I am excited to start and hopefully don't brick to many ecus lol. Got a project 98 k2500 with 7.4 vortec that will be getting some upgrades, 0411 swap, and ls coil conversion to start. definitely going to be doing a lot of digging on this forum to help me out. It already has been a big help.

Potential Tuner
    Hi my name is Tony Vassallo
    Transmission shop owner/builder
    in Killadelphia PA

Potential Tuner
    Hello, my name is Doug and I?m from Ormond Beach, FL. I?m brand new to HP Tuners and I?m interested in learning the GM Gen V platforms. I have experience tuning Harley V-Twin platforms and since I dove into the VCM Editor I see a lot of similarities thus far. I?ll be using my 2014 Silverado 1500 as a test subject while I learn along the way.

Potential Tuner
    hello my name is shawn minden la. im a mechanic in oilfield and im working on a 2009 dodge ram 2500 6.7 cummins and im also working on a 2001 chevy cavalier. 2.2l

Potential Tuner
    Hello All,

Jason here, very new and green to the tune world. My current project is my 2016 GMC Sierra 1500 with the 5.3 L83 motor. I am from Flat Rock Michigan.

Tuner in Training
    Hi all,
    New here and green to tuning. I work in highway construction and engineering. I have a 85 C10 I have swapped a GM '02 5.3 drivetrain with a cam upgrade, VATS are off and its running but have to fine tune it. Also have a '15 2500HD with the 6.0 that I want to get a little extra pep out of. Looking forward to the help, and thanks in advance!

G'day from you know where

Hi new fam, My name is Jason. Im into long romantic rips along the beach at sunset and playing in the mud. WK jeep with a gen3 mk1 (MY08) hemi.

Big shout out the the HP Academy crew! Love your work.

I have a fundemental understanding of controlers and 'C' from other interests and profesional (farming) endevours. I have 20+ years of professional (agricultural) mechanical and a life time of hands on car guy experience. Im a MY1970. My last build was a solid but mild WJ with the 4.7 chrysler v8..

Being here in South Australia with a budding club sport scene seems that tuning stock-performance vehicles is a no brainer... So im here to learn this.

But id also like to explore more esoteric elements of our hobby/job/proffession. Exploring open source activation of inactice features and options. Remote start. Multiple throttle modes, integrating non OE sound systems with OE physical switches, reassigning OE switches to custom functions. IE activate nitrous by longpressing two steering wheel buttons. All this can be achived with cheap arduino type chipsets and C programming.

My WK daily driver over time will be upgraded as a demonstarator of modern tuning capabilities. The current state of the engine limits limits a nitrous system to 35-50 shots but this is infantly exandable for a street vehicle depending on the physical build. Currently it has a stage one adjustable twin row timing chain. HP oil pump. And stainless exhaust valves. I have a race craft hi flow stainles exhaust (Its and Aussie thing) on its way. Just a simple bolt on adaption and mds 2 stage muffler delete.

This engine is good for a mild tune. But in future im going to keep it all as simple and neat as i can. Dynamic ballance crank and pistons. Bump compression to 9.75:1. Adjust rings accordingly! Behive valve srings. Maybe +50cfm port & polish. Definately going to use golf ball style dimpling if doing porting. But thats it. New bearings. Wrapped iron logs flow okay. No plans for whiney boy or intercoolers. Everything stage one so almost OE cam grind (with mds). OE everything else.

Definately going down the HP in a can path and possibly even the intercooler in a bottle route (meth water injection)

Id like to add adustible suspension. Poor mans quadra lift if you will. Nothing fancy like active ride hight just a simple 4 position ride hight adjustor. Maybe Aero (lowest), OEM, offroad 1&2. (Raised and full hight)
    Theres a nice detroit locker style diff for the OE chrysler 9.25 inch from summit racing in the future. Upgraded suspension bushings sooner rather than later.

Not ambitious by any means. Thats the point. This would work equally well on a FME, an LS. Anything with pistons, rings and a ecm.

Thanks for having me and yes! I have heard that my hemi will most likely suffer catastrphic cam faulure at any moment.. cheers!

Potential Tuner
    Okay, here goes just a warning it?s impossible for me to be brief so stop now if that?s a problem. Also I tell everybody right up front I can dish it out but I can?t take it. So I?m a quadriplegic due to an idiot move when I was 18 drinking and driving the last three years I?ve had a 71 SS El Camino which I plan to get running well three years ago now it?s up on blocks piles and piles of coil over suspension and rebuilt parts a brand new frame on a rotisserie and me just losing interest. Insteps wife buys truck of dreams for husband 2001 S-10 crew cab extreme with LQ4, 4l80e, narrowed 8.5 disc brake 10 bolt (373 lsd). Definitely has a mild cam, shift kit, 3000 stall converter and a performance tune. So as for me, I?m now 57 and working hard with a personal trainer to get stronger and am very close to walking again. For the visual peeps like myself 👨🏼*🦽🏃*♂️💪🏻🕺🏼🛻👫. Enough about me. The truck has shorty headers, 2 into 1 borla and af gauge but don?t know what I?m looking at🤷*♂️ So getting harder to convince the missus that this is a utility vehicle and will meet all of our hauling needs. 😉. Going to go get a bag of chips or something and haul it back in the bed just to show her hauling stuff no problem.check. Pretty sure it has an 18 gallon tank when it got here on the transporter had a little bit under half drove at a mile home drove it that night five or so Miles crosstown couple miles off the freeway then ran it to the next town and back 50 or so miles round-trip? now I?m on E. So not really a problem for me wife is going to have a really hard time when we fill up with premium at nearly 5 bucks a gallon I?m thinking it?s an 18 gallon tank it has 10 and here?s my question can I get it re-tuned for better mileage ?I can smell that it?s rich when it first fires up I?m assuming that?s for warm-up I can see the wide band air fuel gauge mostly being rich sometimes in the green never really see it lean I?m working my way up to really goosing it but I?m smart enough now not to break my neck again so I?m pretty sure Previous owner said she doesn?t really come alive until 3000 RPMs are so pretty loud pretty scary driving with hand control gas brake and Knob on the steering wheel which I?ve been doing for a long time now. I used to be pretty smart With electronics and computers at one time .I had a photographic memory I?m pretty sure I?ve been out of film for a long time just didn?t know it. So when the old guy pulls an ?Uncle Ben ?which means telling you the same story twice from his glory days please just smile politely and say wow that?s cool. So just kind of testing the waters hopefully just forum is handicap friendly, old guy friendly and just friendly friendly.🤷*♂️ can I download the tune that I have now ?somehow so I could keep it ?how do I know how to tune?where to go to get a tune ?what?s gonna be the best tune?I know I?m going on and on cuz that?s what I do. Any help would be appreciated thank you guys and gals a lot of us wouldn?t even have a three vehicles but wasn?t for you gals. That?s my idea of brief you were warned thanks, Jeff (lsquad)

Potential Tuner
    I'm excited to join the forum. I live on a remote island in a small town named Sitka, Alaska. I have brought many senseless cars to town and have been a life long hobbyist. My previous tuning experience was on a Megasquirt V3 turbo miata and a good ol' Eagle talon using ECM Link. I've built and tuned a hand full of cummins, but those are mainly bolt on parts and box tuners. Needless to say a lot of fun still! Now I am a Co Owner of the lead automotive shop in town and am looking to bring tuning services to town. Looking forward to working with HP Tuners and fellow forum members!
    Last edited by AkCoastline; 09-06-2022 at 12:02 AM.

Potential Tuner moparblood@gmail.com's Avatar
    My name is Jerry Goodwin and have been a Chrysler/Dodge tech at a dealership for 35 years. I am starting to get into customizations now and look forward to whatever my imagination comes up with.