Page 105 of 115 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 2295

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Tuner in Training
    Hey guys, most people call me Dan when they aren't calling me stupid or late for dinner. 07 tahoe 5.3 stage 2 btr cam. Here to learn and annoy people with my noob questions! Look forward to chatting with you guys!

Howdy, my name is Tyler I work around the Houston, TX area. I've been lurking on these forums for a while and have decided to get involved more.

I've been tuning custom LS swapped cars for my family's shop over the past couple years and have become very passionate about tuning and want to turn it into a career.

My knowledge base is primarily around gen 3&4 ls but I am hoping to break more into Ecoboost and gen 5 soon.

Also, if anybody is involved in the circuit racing/Drifting scene in Texas and needs a tuner let me know, I'll work for lessons lol

High guys my names Chuck i have an 06 GTO that unfortunately I now have to learn how to tune after I get a new ECU and TCM because I sent mine off to tuned by frost (Steven Williams) and that guy has just up and ghosted me, so now I'm here.

Potential Tuner
    Hey there! I'm Ivan, from Whitehorse, Canada.
    I run a small heavy duty truck repair shop, mostly for diesel engines but I do work on gasoline sometimes. I love to work on engine diagnostics and engine overhauls as that's my expertise area. Recently i developed somewhat an interest into tunning engines, so here i am trying to learn on the go so that i can add the tunning service to my shop. Cummins and CAT On-road engines are well known by me so feel free to ask for advice.

Potential Tuner
    Hello, I am from Argentina, many years ago we have been reprogramming using other software. We are going to see little by little how HPTuners works to see if we incorporate this new tool. Thank you
    CHIPCARS

Tuner in Training
    Good Evening Ladies and Gents!

I daily drive a 2005 2wd Silverado LS Crue Cab that I swapped out the LM7 for a mild, very mildly built LQ4. I bought a new 4L60e and refreshed the rear diff.

The really only performance modification was the BTR Torque cam, which I regret not going bigger, but oh well.
    Bored a touch, hypereutectic pistons, LS6 springs, upgraded trunnions, LS7 lifters, upgrade barbell, ARP bolts on rods, heads and crank and oil pick-up tube support bracket.

Besides that, she is really stock. I did buy some of the Marine 8.1 injectors, but I have not installed yet.

I have literally just started going over the sticky thread and I am reading.

I kept the ECU that was stock to the truck, but I am fighting a dying issue when cold.
    She has a gas smell all the time and the fuel mileage is not great.
    The only other real issue is it taking two tries to get her to start.

My goal is to get better gas mileage and just make her run more efficiently.

I do plan on headers and the injectors in the future.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, I but I am headed off to research.

Potential Tuner
    Hi my name is Ernie I?m looking for lextech I need a spreadsheet.

Potential Tuner
    hey name is Joe. been building engines and cars with my pops sense the 90's. mostly chevy BB and some ford flat heads. now working on anything thing and everything. trying to learn and increase my knowledge. new to the HEMI 3rd and 4th gen. I own a 04 Ram Rumble bee 160k miles and a 14 Long Horn Laramie 200k miles. On the 14 a few lifter stuck and wore the cam. Replaced with a Comp Cam stage one and some bolt ons. got it tuned over the web by diablotuna and it fired right up with no Christmas tree on the dash. have drove it for about 1500 miles now. still working great but looking into HP tuner for the trans or anyone local (Raleigh NC) to help me out. Glad to meet you all.

Potential Tuner
    Hi! I'm the new guy now. Learning to tune for myself and my kids. We have a big group of vehicles and it makes sense for us to learn these skills along with the wrenching skills we have. I look forward to learning lots and I appreciate all the information that years of gearheads have stored in this forum.
    Horsepower is like a condom. I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Disclaimer: I do not know what I'm doing. Follow at your own risk.

Advanced Tuner
    Hi : )

Tuner in Training
    Hello everyone my name is Chris from Strafford MO
    I have always had a passion for motorsports on and off road. Im a 21 year heavy duty parts rep, and 4 years heavy duty warranty admin. recently bought a 2006 charger daytona and decided to throw my hat in the ring to learn how to tune it. its been a very humbling experience. im a firm believer that you dont know what you dont know until you dont know it. Thank you all for the wealth of knowledge you have taken the time to share. I welcome any input, tips, and education any of you have to lend.

thank you

Tuner in Training
    Hi everyone. Long time tinkerer. Bought HPT to do some cam swaps on Gen5 5.3/6.2 trucks and ended up playing with my 6.7 Powerstroke. Hoping to learn a lot while Im here

Potential Tuner
    Hello everyone! My name is Eddie and I live in Tennessee. I've been tinkering with tuning for about a year on a Vortech Cobra Mustang.

Potential Tuner 5 Star Custom Solutions's Avatar
    What's goin on everybody. My name is Dan and I'm joining you all from the winding roads of West Virginia. I daily a 2011 Avalanche LTZ that I would say is part work truck, part off road vessel, part tow truck and part glamper.
    Honestly not sure which I've done more of on the Av: Mods or Repairs? there have been dozens of each. Also enjoy time on a highly modded '07 Grizzly 700....and someday will finish the resto of my 1980 Corvette....hopefully
    I'm a Gen Build Contractor that's about to transition to an equipment Owner Operator and Gen Engineering Contractor.....and a pre-owned diesel truck owner, so I plan to get a lot of use out of this HP setup.
    It was my Av's TCC lockup failure/shudder that helped me discover HP Tuners about 18-20mos ago. Actually made my first post on here (hopefully)helping someone out with that subject this morning.
    Aside from fuel maps for the Grizzly, the bulk of my modern electronically controlled system knowledge has come in the last few years. Been slowly putting myself through night school on the subject and am finally ready to graduate from the Autel that I've logged and read hours of data on to a platform that allows me to do something productive with that data.

Thanks in advance for your patience! Sincerely, Dan
    It's very important to be paying attention on the day you learn how to accelerate faster than you can decelerate.....vital really

Potential Tuner 5 Star Custom Solutions's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by obthomas View Post
    Hello. I'm new to the forum. I'm retired and a pretty good mechanic. In fact, one of my retirement projects is putting an LS in a Porsche Boxster. It is coming along pretty good. I started the engine a few days ago and now I'm working on details.

I harvested my engine and controls from a salvage yard. I added a cam power adder and have the engine running and almost ready for a tune. My immediate problem is I can operate fans by commanding them on and off with VCM Scanner, but I can't get the E38 to operate them on temperature. Still trying to get my head around the state and percentage and the wolfshit that goes with modulated signals.

Well, I will be around, as I am sure one or more of you will take me on as a project.

Off to understand how to change my E38 to deal with fans with temperatures instead of states and percentages

O.B. Thomas, P.E.

Very intriguing project.. Lot of daydream time spent on this subject lol.. I had pretty much settled on Fiero over Boxster for weight balance.. Looking forward to reading your posts tonight when I get in
    It's very important to be paying attention on the day you learn how to accelerate faster than you can decelerate.....vital really

Potential Tuner
    Hello everyone, my name is Dan.
    I'm fairly new to tuning. Outside of listening, adjusting air screw and fuel screws, and looking at plugs! l bought HPT about a year and a half ago in preparation for my swap. My 2008 ram was coming up on 300,000 miles. I bought a donor 2010 drivetrain and done a Texas speed BFD "chop monster" swap. Mds delete, comp cam limiter, reluctor swap from 59 tooth back to my 08 32 count compacity. be 100% honest, What a pain in my ass! I figured same 5.7 hemi, two years apart would be a plug n play. I have it up and going However i wouldn't even Be thus far had there not been HTP, I wasn't aware of how complex our computers were in our vehicles or how much they control. Last motor i swapped or rebuilt was in a 1972 chevy. So again, Thank You for all your InSite and knowledge that i have found in these forums. However, i am still 75% lost. looking for as much help as one could lend so i don't ruin my build under 5000 miles. Thank You!

Potential Tuner
    Hi everybody. My name is Duc Nguyen. I come from Vietnam. I am an electrician, looking forward to learning and interacting

Tuner in Training
    Name is Jason - 2014 Taurus SHO - Looking for tuning experience and learning more about late model tuning.

Potential Tuner
    Hello everyone. I'm Cj Roote been here for A while never said hi, been tuning lnf, Duramax and ls for a bit. i appreciate the hard work alot of you have already done to get tuning community where it is now.

Potential Tuner
    Hello everyone. New here. Just bought a hptuner the other day to try and get more power and response from my truck as well as other things. i haven't work on car in a few years and getting back into it. I'm enjoying it so far but still a lot to learn so sorry in advance if I ask a lot questions. some of the things i am trying to do as of now is learn to tune for CAI and get my 2015 GMC sierra 1500 to where i can go off road and tow loaded box trailers better than what i get on stock tune