Page 111 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115 LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 2299

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Potential Tuner
    Hello everyone. Name is Carlos and new to HPT. Bought an ?18 5.0 and looking to seek advice knowledge and understanding about tuning. I want to be able to tune my 5.0 on my own.

Potential Tuner
    Hi, Charlie here,
    I got this tuner to primarily facilitate E-fan installation on my 2003 Silverado SS. Also will use to disable the MDS on my Dodge SRT. I'm an old guy and don't care about fuel savings.

Hi I am David from a small town in Kentucky

Potential Tuner
    Hello my name is Eric. I have done a little work to my Cadillac CTS 3.6 & I need to update the tune to satisfy these changes. I've just bought MPVI3 & I'm trying to figure it out. With a little help from my friends. Hey that sounds like a song. ��

Potential Tuner
    hi my friends

my name is Mohammad from Syria

contcat with me , i want to learn

Im derrik. live in northern idaho. have a 2006 vortecmax. long tubes, sloppystg1.5 cam. built 4l70e and side mount whipple setup waiting to be installed. i have a years of experience with efilive and now getting into hptuners and totally a newb with this software.

Potential Tuner
    Mike from Kansas checking in.
    Old-school motorhead looking to get into EFI.
    Current plan is a LQ9 with 823 heads going into a driver-grade 53 Ford F100 pickup.
    Now if I could only decide on a cam...

Potential Tuner
    Hello all!
    Jeff Harrington from Madison Tennessee. I am new to computer tuning. I'm an old school street racer from many moons ago. I purchased my HP tuner about three weeks ago. Been reading and learning and would just like to say how much I appreciate this forum being here and accessible to us to help our learning curve. Thank you!

I have a 2001 GMC 3500HD bucket truck. 8.1l, 4L80E, 11.5" open diff, work truck.
    I purchased to tune for more mileage. Not sure if that's even realistic to shoot for but 7mpg is a hard pill to swallow.

I actually paid Nelson Performance to tune for me.
    Not sure that was the best option, but I didn't want to wait 6 months to figure all this out.

I purchased the MPVI3.
    Been looking over the stock versus new tune, learning the types of things that go into a tune.

A lot of tunability with this program.
    I'm thinking I don't need my AutoEnginuity software any longer.
    This HP scan software has more to it.

Thank you all for your input and for sharing your trials and triumphs in tuning.

Jeff
    Last edited by badraven; 09-02-2023 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Just adding thoughts.

hi just joined to hopefully learn some things. a few years ago I helped someone out getting their slightly warmed over 5.7 vortec running with a very basic tune and small changes. I really do not know much and it looks like I might be helping someone out again and I would like to know more this time around if it dose happen.

Potential Tuner
    This is NoriegaBros from San Antonio, after my first HEMI rebuild I felt pretty confident of doing more thus why now am actually starting to tune in. I have no experience in tuning other than reading the main file from ECU but after that its a daunting task to mess with the settings all over the HP tunes website. Im really hoping to learn by the end of the year, this way I can tune everything that comes my way.
    Currently working on my WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2012 Overland 5.7 - 392 Cam & Intake and SW Longtubes with hopes of adapting the SC I purchased last year. All help is appreciated. Thank you!

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for accepting
    I go by Evil Andy.
    I am new to the Ls tuning world.
    Any assistance, experience, knowledge or example will all be taken in
    Thank you

Potential Tuner
    Tony here from Benton, tn......ive done a few ls based tunes with nom issue, retuned a coyote with Hp as well......working on my first cam swap in a ls1, now struggling with no throttle response.......choppy cam is tuned and idleing..just no throttle......69' c10, ls1, choppy cam, aftermarket intake, cable drive.....anyonme on here around chattanooga/ cleavland, tn.....need help!!!!!!

Potential Tuner
    Hi, I'm Lyle. Been tuning for 10 years or so. Live in Spokane,Washington. Retired mechanic. I do a lot of 5.3 and 6.0 LS conversions. Just as a hoby.

Potential Tuner
    Hello Everyone, my name is Mark. I am a total newbie with regards to tuning, but I have discovered the existence of this art/science recently. I don't have any immediate plans to manipulate tunes, but I am very interested in learning about this craft. I have two Mustang GTs, a 2012 with and MT-82 manual transmission and a 2014 with a 6R80 automatic transmission. I was once ASE Master Tech Certified, but that was in the 1980s, long before most of this technology existed. I am retired, so I have some time on my hands and I have taken to Street Nights at the nearest dragstrip.

Potential Tuner
    Hi from Germany,

I own a 2016 Camaro 2SS AT8 Coupe in son of a gun grey. It's cammed, has K&N Blackhawk CAI, ported the stock throttle body and few other things.
    I've always been interested in improving things. Never tuned a car software so far, think it will be exciting

Potential Tuner
    I'm Tom from Florida,
    I have a 2018 Silverado 1500 with a 6.2 8 speed. It runs like crap. I have had a 2014 Silverado 6.2 and even a 2017 5.3 that would out perform this truck. Hardly any torque at early to mid throttle, early shifts, lazy down shifts. It needs help.
    Where should I start? Anyone have a good tune for 91 octane?

Thanks,
    Tom

Potential Tuner
    Hello,

First let me warn you...NOT A HOT RODDER...

In the most part I am happy with the stock performance of my cars....

What I am NOT happy with is how the MPG are fixed..Especially in any and seemly all SUVs, pickup trucks, and Vans.

So I am here to fix that.

Case in Point: 02 and 03 Ford Explorer:

I have spent a fair amount of time working on improving a cars MPG.

My current problem car is a 03 Ford Explorer.

Comparing the MPG reading of the 03 Ford Explorer to other cars SHOWS THAT IT IS VERY ODD and Very off.

I had a 2000 Mercury Grand Marques, (A Crown Vic in Mercury trim) it GOT to do at: 65MPH 29/30MPG @ 1700 RPMs, and at 75MPG got 26MPG and at 85MPH got 24 MPG.

Now I have a 03 Crown Vic P71 op car, basically the same engine, only 40HP more

My 03 Crown Vic, gets at 65 26MPG @1700RPMs and at 75 MPH gets 22MPG. Again the same progressive loss of MPG per each 10MPH faster, it has 240HP, and the same transmission and rear end of the 2000 Mercury.

The 03 Explorer has the same 4.6 V8 as the 03 Crown Vic, even with the same specs of 240HP, and with its taller wheels has a final gear ratio of 3:50 VS 3:27.

And yet at 50MPH @ 1500RPMs it gets 27/32MPG?all very good?

BUT go to 60 MPG and 1800RPMs and it MPG drops like a rock to ONLY 18MPG, and then like a normal car it only drops a MPG for each 5 MPH faster?

So once it has taken all the MPG away it then losses 1 MPG per 5 MPH so even at 80MPH it still gets 16MPG.

BY EVERY Car I have tested this NOT normal!

We are told it is a box going though the air.

The 2003 Ford Explorer has a drag coefficient of .41 Cd.
    The 2003 Ford Crown Vic has a drag coefficient of .37 Cd.

It being a box then going faster should produce a 10MPG drop for every 10MPH faster just like it does going from 50 to 60MPH, so going from 60 to 70 it should only be getting 8 MPG and going to 80 it would be a ? 2 MPG.

I believe this is a programed loss of MPG?

Looking for any help I can get, and first question is HP only tested 04 and up Explorers so anyone done any 02 and 03s??

And any one located in Phoenix AZ willing to help??

Rich

Potential Tuner
    Which Madison Tenn I’m like you old school trying to catch up I’m in west Meade ma we could hel each other’s figure this out

Potential Tuner
    Good day Guys!! I have a few MOPAR vehicles, the project truck is a 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland with cam swap and 6.4 intake. The other is my daily 2015 RAM 1500 Barely 110k and doing just fine. Im actually looking for a 6.4 dually if anyone is selling theirs.
    Hope all is well!

Potential Tuner
    Hello, Michael here. Senior Master Ford Technician mostly network/electrical and auto transmissions. Getting bored with the diagnosis and repair side of things so I thought I would dabble into the tuning aspect. I have an 06 F150 5.4 3v I "bullet proofed" with some modifications like long tubes etc on top. I wanted to make sure I was making full use of my modifications, not an email tune. So far just from reading I have been able to dial in my transport delay for the o2s and do my maf correction for the CAI. I still need to purchase a wide band for up top corrections but I am thinking of attempting a 6r80 conversion with a copperhead which will give me wide bands up front. Time will tell. Thank you for all the information and support on here already.