Page 112 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115 LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 2299

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Potential Tuner
    Good evening Im Michael from middle GA . i have done some tuning with the sniper on a drag car but not a daily driver .I have a 2015 5.3 silverado and a 2011 6.2 denali i need to tune . it eill be a learning experience and im sure ill be hitting up the brain trust to get it done

Potential Tuner
    Hello from France

My name is Eric and I own a Grand Cherokee WJ 4.0 Jtec. I bought an MPVI3 and I'm looking for information on this model.

Thank you

Potential Tuner
    Hey folks, former EE just looking to make some small changes on my E38. Cheers!

Good day
    IT by trade but love tinkering with my 2001 C5 vert...hoping to purchase HPTuners package soon and learning the ropes.
    Darrell

Potential Tuner
    Hello

Never tuned before. I have started gathering parts for a Hemi build, and figured I needed to learn. I have a 2007 Charger RT, with the 5.7 hemi. I currently have in my garage, a new refurbished 5.7 crate motor (stock), Headers (1-7/8 primaries, 3" collectors), 3" mid-pipes, and cats, flowmasters 40 series, cutouts, a torqstorm supercharger good for 8lbs of boost, an intercooler kit, hellcat injectors, a boost-a-pump, a TranZformer line-loc/trans tuner, and a few other small items. Ill be buying a cam for the engine, and will probably be adding an SRT8 LSD with a 3.08 R&P in the near future.

Im not trying to set records or go racing. I just want a nice driver. So the cam will be as choppy as I can get it, which might also force a torque converter change. We will see. I plan on tuning a little before spring, and figuring a few things out. Then we will swap the engine, without the SC and tune it to make the cam work. Then when Im comfortable with that, add the SC and the injectors.

Potential Tuner
    Good Evening, Name is Andrew, HVAC/R And Facilities Maintenance by trade but love wrenching on my own vehicles, currently have a 08 GMC Yukon Turbo that i build, Will like to start learning to tune and tinker more with my truck.

Potential Tuner

New Guy Here

Whats up everyone? Im Bill, Im a Instrumentation and Controls technician at a national lab. Currently im tuning a 2003 Mach 1 Mustang. Im switching from a Moates quarterhorse to the HPTuners MPVI3. The biggest reason i was switching was for the ease of use and hopefully better support. But its looking like at the moment there is no support the mpvi3 with eec-v. I talked to Tony Gonyon back in june and said that he thought it would be early next year before the mpvi3 would be able to read and write to the eec-v ECUs so when i seen them on A.M. I immediately called A.M and talked to one of their tech guys and he told me the mpvi3 was just released for the 03-04 Mach 1 to sell a couple days before, that was last week, so i assumed it was ready early. So i bought it and registered it on HPtuners site only to find out there is no tune file available. So i may end up sending it back and getting a refund. Anyway, hopefully everything works out and ill be tuning with the mpvi3 real soon!

Potential Tuner
    Another new guy and *potential* tuner, will get into this in a moment. I'm Brhat Lee (pronounced Brett) near Ogilvie Mn and will be working with my 2003 Impala LS 9C3. It was a deep undercover with all the LS trim on the top and the real deal police package under the skin, a fun car that I believe has a lot of unlocked potential lurking in those memory banks. I've had the car for many years but done little outside of the stock intent, mods so far have been to cut the front of the air box open and a custom 2.5" exhaust with a high flow cat which alone cut almost a second off the 0-60 time and the removal of the MAF strainer. It's not a rocket by any means but fun & dependable.
    So my reason for the *potential* is I'm trying to get a good fix on what it's going to really take and cost me to get into a professional level tuner that will allow me to change & modify without restrictions or held hostage by software looking for a payday. I've written an email to the sales dept with a number of questions but I have yet to hear back from them. The website isn't very clear on how the credits work and what the limits are, required cabling and other "additions" to brings the VCM Suite to the "professional" level. I downloaded the VCM Suite and spent several hours going through the various sub-menus for a similar model car (2002 Pontiac Grand Prix profile 12223462.hpt) to get a feel for the capabilities however it crashed several times under Win-10 (1703/x64) and to me this is unacceptable. I'm a retired 2-way radio technician and in my past experience a computer crash during a program cycle often bricks the attached device. Is there a version of the VCM Suite that runs directly under Linux? That being said I know I will need to license my copy of the VCM Suite and purchase the MPVI3, I see these as the price of admission knowing there will be more I need to make everything work and that brings me to the all important question of what do I need all together? My year end bonus is right around the corner and tuning my Impala LS is on the top of the list. I will have about a grand to work with on this project.

Thanks guys and I hope to work with you in the near future
    Brhat

Hey, Finally joined the forum. I'm a ricer at heart, my first modded car was 1990 240sx that I turbocharged. Current project is turbocharging 2012 Mustang V6. I just like adding turbos to NA engines. Got a youtube channel (@aimless-drifter) documenting the process too. I've bought MPVI3 because I want to learn to tune, and tune my own car.

Potential Tuner
    Hello my good people from Prosser washington. Iam a 8 year ASE certified tech and work for GM dealer. I recently sparked interest in the world of tuning and want to get going on basics and then advanced tuning in the future!

Potential Tuner
    Hello
    My name is Omar from Oman with mustang 10AT 2.3 2018

Potential Tuner
    Hello, Terence here from Queensland Australia.
    2006 Jeep TJ Wrangler 4.0ltr I6 NA

Tuner in Training
    hey guy ant here im new to hp tuning need some advice on tuning 5.7 charger

Tuner in Training
    G'day tuners. Old fart here from Oz.
    Thanks for having the forum. I always find heaps of great people and useful info on forums.
    I'm not really getting into tuning, as I have very little data cache left upstairs, but I am working on a Vortec V8 S10 swap that will require a little bit of tuning to look the part, and now I'm intrigued a bit after looking into it.
    I would like to be able to tinker with shift points on the 4L60E, and maybe set some other parameters. I believe an 0411 swap and a 24x Crank trigger may even open the possibility of later upgrading to individual ignition coils
    and even different fuel injection if I choose. I'll keep looking through here to find some trick and tips that suit my situation, and if I find anything useful to share I will be sure to pass it along.
    Thanks again!

Potential Tuner
    Whats up every one so i am the FNG (FN NEW GUY) UTI grad and I spent 20 years at Chrysler as a tech and now am in my third year as an independent shop owner. have had hp for a while and done alot of reading and watching videos. but only have used it for the basics but its time to get my feet wet and im attempting the 411 swap in my 97 z28 i have the pcm and connectors and plan on starting today. lots of questions and grey area any help would be freaking awsome !

Potential Tuner
    Another n00b, living in Phoenix and driving a '16 Stingray. I've already turned off the DOD and CAGS and am looking forward to learning more and adjusting the stock tune once I add an intake and other mods.

Hello, My name is Noel. I am brand new to HPT. I have good understanding of how PCM's work and swap wiring. Looking to expand my knowledge of tuning.
    I can sincerly say thank you in advance and looking forward to learning.

Cheers.

Potential Tuner
    Hi am coin,am very excited to be part of this wonderful and educating society.
    Am here to learn and also try to help in any way I could.
    Thanks guys.

Potential Tuner
    Hello everyone. I'm a guy with a gen 2 lt1 in my 2001 s10 blazer. I have used a 2000 411 out of a express van with a 5.7. I have gotten a long ways but have lots to learn.
    Thanks

Potential Tuner
    Good afternoon everyone,

I recently bought a MPVI3 for my 2014 Tahoe LT.
    I have long tube headers, Y-pipe and cold air intake. I bought it to hopefully clean up the garbage shifting and horrible throttle response. It unfortunately looks like we are no longer able to shut off down stream o2 sensors which is just FaaaNNtAAStiCC

I look forward to chatting with you all

Best Regards,
    Nick