Page 114 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115 LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 2299

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Hello all this is Mark from Florida.
    I have no idea how to tune at all. But, I do want to learn. I enjoy turning wrenches for fun and for my job. I run low voltage cabling (Fiber, Cat 6, HDMI etc.)

Potential Tuner
    Hello all,

I have been using this forum for quite a while and greatly appreciate all of the information everyone is willing to share. I have several LS swapped vehicles and am sure it won't end there.

Hello everyone from everywhere, I'm from Northern Manitoba Canada. Nice bombie day here at -34c but used to it. I own a 2014 Ram 2500 with a 6.4 hemi, 4.10 gears and use it for the great outdoors we have. Fishing is awesome up here as well as hunting so do lots of that.
    I'm here to learn what I can about HP Tuners so when I purchase one I can get into it to help aid in the efficiency of my truck. Once learning and applying that knowledge I then want to use it on my wife's truck. Yes we only own trucks due to the territory and conditions we live in. 20190413_155447~2.jpg

Tuner in Training
    G'day peoples,
    Im Nic From Australia.
    New to this EFI tuning drama, and have pretty much 0 experience with terminology and understanding . So i will probably require A LOT of assistance from eperienced and clever people in the LS community. hint hint.
    I do know how to copy and paste. lol.
    I am old school, cold is rich, hot is lean, take it for a drive if it knocks , take some timing out or add some fuel.

Running a 2008 SS Commodore (G8) just had the l98 replaced with a L77( DOD removed) VCM5SC cam, 1 7/8 headers into full 3 inch twin. OTR intake, Stock 6l80 and torque convertor. Stock heads. Did make 303.1kw at the rubber @ 6057 rpm, 600 NM @4571. now I have no idea.
    When it came out of the shop, high idle, Liked to stall when slow or stopping. Made the mistake of trying a DiabloI3, which I have retired as it wipes the tune, not modifies. Running a modified stock tune , help to cut and paste. and MPV13.
    Any help/guidance from seasoned tuners would be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Hi all, my name is Fernando (Barcelona) and I'm driver of a MINI R53 JCW and a track day only Citroen Saxo Cup from the spanish Saxo Cup.
    My next track day is in February, I can't wait to share my first videos with you.
    Thanks!
    F

Potential Tuner
    Hello one and all! My name is Steve and I hail from Boston, MA. I have been an auto tech for most of my life, but I am new to tuning. My plan is to learn something new while making one of my projects a little better. First one up to bat is a GMC Jimmy(S10) that has been 5.3 (Gen3) swapped. I have been playing with this little whip for a while now, and finally I am ready to give tuning a go!! Fingers crossed I don't make it worse than when I start, as she already has some scat.

Potential Tuner
    im pooleo. I have an f150 diesel tuned with HP. I have 2 jeeps with the om642 Mercedes benz 3.0 CRDs. and recently bought a 2020 explorer platinum to play around with!

Potential Tuner
    Hello, I'm Ed, I picked up a 2011 2ss L99 convertible about a month ago. It is in great shape, seems to be running fantastic and without issue with only the only exception being P1133 and P1153 Coded being throw out on occasion. The car was a one owner previously with 92,000 mile on it when I picked it up. It does has a couple mods I know of, like long tube headers, K&N Air induction, and appears to have high flow cat on it with the O sensor in place and undamaged I have no idea if it was ever tuned before or not, nor do I know how I could tell? I'm am kind on Leary to take it locally to a tuner as I am a first time Camaro owner and disabled Vet that cant afford costly tunes that wont do a thing for me. Looking for recommendations from experienced tuners on this site on how to proceed. Help.

Regards
    Ed

Hi, I'm Brian. I have a job that pays the mortgage, but also have my own business. New to HP Tuners, but have been tuning bikes for several years. We have a superflow chassis dyno, and do ecu flashing (woolich Racing), all the add on Tuners, as well as most of the Harley Tuners. Looking into HP because I was contacted by a few new clients about tuning Indian motorcycles, and this was one of the only options that I could find. The unfortunate thing is that the bikes they want tuned are 2021+, and currently the support is only for up to 2020.
    Always looking to increase my knowledge when it comes to tuning...

Potential Tuner
    HI, my name is Jeff from St. George Utah.
    Although this is only my 3rd post to HP Tuners I don't feel new, I have come to this site countless times looking for help and answers for my tuning training and work.
    I grew fixing cars; my dad was a diesel mechanic and it has always been my passion. I worked on helicopters in the Army, Huey's, Jet Rangers, Cobras, Apache, Blackhawks, and even some Army fixed wing Mohawks in the 101st Airborne. I have an A & P license and worked for a few years after the Cold war and Desert Storm fixing civilian aircraft until I realized I could make 3 times the money working on computers plus my roll away tool box fit in my pocket. My current job is a Network Engineer and Network Security Officer for a health care facility. I have a 1980 CJ7 with an LS (LM7) conversion and currently trying to replace the engine in my 03 GMC truck with an L96.
    I love the idea of merging computer controlled EFI with mechanics and wrenching, its right up my alley. I want to thank all of the experts who share their wealth of knowledge with others on this site, 99% of the time the answers are already posted here!

Potential Tuner
    Hello everyone!

I live in northern Utah and have always worked on cars but new to the tuning software outside of the superchip/ Diablo handhelds.

Looking to learn a ton and not blow my car up in the process 😂

Potential Tuner
    Hi my name is Kyle, I'm from Stl Missouri. I am 20 years old and love every aspect of cars and bikes and anything that goes fast. I work as a technician and love learning new things. mainly focused on the dodge platform as I have a neon srt4.

Potential Tuner
    Hi, I'm Chase. I have an '05 GTO. She developed a tap in the bottom end about 7 years ago (jeebus was it really that long??). So she sat while I finished pharmacy school, I graduated and once I had a big boy job I bought a big boy motor for the GTO. Texas Speed 427, with 265cc LS7 heads and their Stage 4.2 cam (going to be doing track days with it, basically I wanted a GTO Z28). It's been a long time getting it in the car, but I am just finishing it up. I was going to get a mail-order tune just to get it going and somewhat dialed in, but read several horror stories and wasted money here on the forums... so here I am, learning to tune.

My goal is to just get it drivable so I can get it broken in, and get it to a tuner to get it right and learn something along the way.

Potential Tuner
    Hi, I'm Steve. I've been a transmission Mechanic for 45 years on the west coast of Canada and now building 5.7 Hemi's. I'm new to tuning but understand the basic on trans tuning. I have a 2014 Dodge Ram Sport with a 5.7, MDS 6.4 cam, ZF8 trans. I'm also building a 67 Dart that will get a 2010 5.7 Hemi from a Jeep with a 2009 wiring harness and 2009 Ram ECM to run the stand alone system. Trans is a 46RH.
    Cheers, Steve

Potential Tuner
    Hello from Oklahoma. Just purchased MPVI3 for my 1997 GMC Sierra 1500. Smeding Performance 383 Vortec based short block, Edelbrock ETec 170 heads, Summit Racing Pro SBC 8801 cam, 0411 swapped. Excited to learn from the forum on how to tune this DD sleeper truck. Thank you.

Shawn

Hello.

My name is Shane. I just purchase an MPVI3 and two credits for my 2011 Corvette Grandsport M6. It has an E-force supercharger kit installed along with Kooks headers, LT1-S twin disc clutch, LS9 camshaft, cooling upgrades for the supercharger intercooler system. My car has been dyno tuned and runs great.

But I have been wanting to learn tuning for a while and decided to jump in.

Should receive my AEM Wideband and HP Tuners MPVI3 today. Hope to install the wideband this weekend.

Will likely be posting a lot on this forum in the coming months as I start learning.

Thanks.

Potential Tuner
    Hello, Name is Bill I am new to HP Tuners and have dove straight into the deep end for my first LS project I installed an LS 1/6 into my 1967 Buick Sport Wagon and paired it with a 4L80E. I bought a harness and P01 ECU off of craigslist and started tuning day 1 with a segment swap. three months later I have it broken in motor that is tuned "good enough" and safe. Im ready to go a little deeper and learn all I can.

Potential Tuner
    My name is Alan. I am a Ag Technician. I have spent most of my years as a mechanic working on Case IH equipment. I am totally new to the tuning world. I bought a HP Tuner to work on my 2001 Suburban 2500 w/ the 8.1L Vortec and 4L80E. My interest in tuning all started as I had to replace the camshaft due to a failed lifter and flaking cam in this 8.1. I bought a Raylar Engineering aluminum intake, their custom mild torque cam, roller rockers, and a 90mm “Silver”LS2 Corvette 4 bolt drive by wire throttle body. I am experienced at working on older GM Vortec truck vehicles, but I am venturing into a world of tuning that I have zero experience at. I am ready to learn and want to get this 8.1L to run to its potential. I am starting at ground zero and need to work with air to fuel ratios to get the engine to idle correctly as it breathes so much better now. If you can help me or anyone can provide information for a beginner to start to learn, any help or advice is appreciated! Thanks, Alan
    Last edited by rockchalkpeterson; 02-29-2024 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Hi guys, I'm Rob. Been playing with cars since I was a kid, starting computer tuning about 20 years ago on turbo Dodge 4cyls. Recently acquired an MPVi3 to hopefully tune my Jtec 4.7 junk, and also to start branching out into other makes and newer stuff. 1st one may be a turbo 6.0 Chevy truck

Tuner in Training
    What?s up My name is Mitch I am new to the tuning world but I am willing to learn and become a successful tuner !
    I have been a semi mechanic for 20 years and I am just now getting into this side of the game .
    Please be patient as I know very lil about this I bought my first hP tuner adapter and I?m excited to learn how to properly use this for my projects.