Page 12 of 115 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    yeah, it'll be an interesting jumpstart into the world of tuning lol
    no kidding!!! i must be

hey, man! all the way, 100%!! just do it!

Tuner in Training
    hello,

I'm Scott I have a 99 trans am m6 runs 12.0 (11.94 two times) my wife has a 98 T/A a4 all stock runs 13.8 I just ordered hp tuners cant wait to start tuning, but am new to tuning and have a lot to learn. i do have an understating of what i am doing because i have been a ASE certified tech for 5 years and hope not to have too many problems, but can use as much help as possible.
    hope i can help and be helped by anyone.
    99 T/A cam, intake, headers. 405hp 415tq at rw

Potential Tuner
    Hello,

My name is Jerry and I am located in the Hampton Raods area of Virginia. I have a 2006 C6 Corvette. I have already added a CAI, Melrose Headers, Hi Flow Cats, X-Pipe, Livernois Stage II Heads and Cam, underdrive pulley, and tuned at a local Dyno shop with LS2 Edit (please throw no stones). I am new to HP tuning software, as a matter of fact, I am still awaiting the arrival of the software. I look foward to hearing from you all in the forums.

Jerry

Potential Tuner
    Hello,
    Name is Bill. Living in Boise Idaho, I drive a 99 C5 with some decent mods. Also have a 2004 Suburban that runs E85 all the time. Linux engineer by day. Last real "tuning" experience was with a 69 cutlass supreme w/rocket350. Things seem to have changed a bit ...

No, it's not everything I thought it'd be ... it's more!

Installed "Mods":
    • Blackwing
    • Z06 Sway Bars
    • Window Valet
    • Airbag Switch (for the kiddies)
    • Tires: Street and Track Sets
    • Custom AutoX alignment
    • Luk Pro Gold Series Stage II Clutch w/Fidanza Al FW
    • 04 Z06 shocks w/ .75" or so lowering
    • LGPro Longtubes
    • B&M Short throw shifter

Hi Everyone,
    My name is Keith, and I have a 2004 GTO. I've put headers, cam, clutch and gears in it. It has been tuned at Vector Motorsports in Clinton Township, MI.
    I really had no desire to play with tuning myself until I put the gears in, and I needed to change things to compensate for the gears. svede1212 was kind enough to do that for me, and that started my curiosity. He then logged one of my runs at the track, and it intrigued me enough to want to learn how to tune my car myself. So I ordered up the Professional version, and I'm waiting for it to arrive
    I'm a toolmaker by trade, and write CNC programs, so I'm hoping that I'll pick this up fairly quickly.

Hello,
    I'm Scott, I currently have an '06 GTO. It's my third GTO, I traded my Black '04 for it. My first car was a '68. I work in Retail Distribution for a Fortune 50 company. I live in Kissimme, FL.
    Ok, so I pulled the trigger and ordered a Pro version. What am I getting myself into?
    I held off buying any parts for the GTO until last week when I just had to have a K&N CAI. I spent the last week trying to decide what should be next and everything/everyone seems to point to 'get it tuned'. I don't know anybody that tunes these things and at $500 +/- each time it seems silly to not do it myself. Wish me luck?

Potential Tuner
    Hi. My name is Daniel, from kentucky and i'm new at this tuning thing. I don't have much experience yet but I think i've come to the right place to learn. I hope to have my software in this week and will try a couple of things out on my car. Can't wait!!!

Just a test to see if I can post now and a quick note to say HI

well im matt moon from the ohio river valley near huntington WV. havent lived there for some time now but south point will always be home. ive had my hands dirty since i fouled my first spark plug on my 60cc trizinger i got when i was 4. raced mx till i traded a 84KX for a 84Z28. then i started tooling with it. bracket racing and so on. i went to school for auto body and worked in several dealerships befor joining the army in 02. tuned and wrenched on carbs for some time now but till a guy at work was refered to me for advise on how to make his lt1 faster(first words were spay it) had never messed with EFI. now ive jumped in with both feet and cant wait to get started with HPT when i get back from hell. im currantly on my second vacation to the great sand box in the east(iraq). i pick up on things really quick that have anything to do with how something works. after ETS from the army i plan on opening a dyno/speed/machine shop. great place ive found here and i learn alot just browsing thru on my off(should be sleeping)time. cheers and thanks for all the great info
    98 Z28m6,ramVDS,lakewood LCA,sphon SFC,NOS 125shot,HPtuned LQ4.045milled heads,224/228 581/588 comp cam,fast toys lid,ported 85maf,ls6 intake,long tubes with custom exhaust

Hello all. Just registered, but have been lurking months trying to pick up knowledge about tuning. I just got a laptop and ordered HP last week and can't wait to get it for my turbo 98 firebird. I think it will be easier to understand once I can look at the screens on HP tuners. I am an ASE certified tech for a living. I presently work in a retail Chain type shop and use to work at a corvette specialty shop doingthings from ATI installs on C5's to body off restorations on early cars. I'm sure I will be posting more later as I have more questions. Thanks everyone.
    Dan

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Welcome Dan...im right over the bridge in Jersey.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellwood
    Hello,
    I'm Scott, I currently have an '06 GTO. It's my third GTO, I traded my Black '04 for it. My first car was a '68. I work in Retail Distribution for a Fortune 50 company. I live in Kissimme, FL.
    Ok, so I pulled the trigger and ordered a Pro version. What am I getting myself into?
    I held off buying any parts for the GTO until last week when I just had to have a K&N CAI. I spent the last week trying to decide what should be next and everything/everyone seems to point to 'get it tuned'. I don't know anybody that tunes these things and at $500 +/- each time it seems silly to not do it myself. Wish me luck?
    hehe, good luck , in all honesty you'll do fine...theres a lot of reading, but if you have the drive to learn you'll be just fine.

Potential Tuner

I'm new here, and just wanted 2 introduce myself

Hi guys. My name is Dave. I'm from New Jersey. I have a 06 Trailblazer SS AWD. So far I have done a Volant cai, and a Diablo tune. My truck is at Kooks right now getting 3" long tube headers & cats done. As soon as I get it back I'm doing true duals with magnflow's. I also have a Yank 3600 stall converter sitting here that will be installed after the exhaust followed by a cam. After these installs I'm ready 4 a HP tune . I currently have no experience in tuning, but I am DETERMINED 2 LEARN. If you guys can please help me out and teach me a few things, it would be greatly appreciated. I joined this forum 2 meet some new friends & learn.

Sup everyone! I'm Chris from Phoenix. I'm currently sporting a N/A 98Firebird V6. Just ordered up HPT and am looking forward to tuning up my ride. I'm hoping to build a up a turbo engine and tranny next year, so this is step #1!
    Chris Schultz
    98 Firebird 3.8L

Potential Tuner
    Hello,
    I have been tuning (or trying to tune) my 1980 Malibu for awhile. It has an L98 with an Accel SuperRam with a 58mm throttle body. I am running a 4L80E trans. I actually started this project before I retired. (when I had more money to play with) I control the engine with the good old 7730 90 Corvette computer and the trans with a 1992 diesel controller.
    I built this car to race and out of the box it ran 14's. After more changes than I care to think about I finally got it to run 12.89@104 mph.
    I am kind of an "oddball" as all my racing buddies are running carbs but I finally got some respect.
    I guess I don't know why I didn't find this forum before this but it's nice to know there are more of us around.
    Ken

Tuner in Training
    Hello. I go by Adam over in NJ. I currently own an 05 cobalt 2.0. It's tuned, but not so well. I'm on here to learn how to tune my car to make it as quick as possible while also being reliable. I have NO experience tuning cars but will be seeking outside help, and GOBS of help on here so look for me in the near future.
    2005 Chevy Cobalt SS/SC
    2.5 pulley
    Bolt ons
    80 lb Weight Reduction (for upcoming track days)
    My own tune

Ok just ordered the pro suite today. Probably going to have to get my kid to learn how to use it so he can teach me.
    1967 Pontiac Tempest convertible frame off redo, disk brakes, coil over shocks, ls1 a4, long tube headers, dual exhaust with H pipe, 3300 lb curb weight, 10 bolt 3.55 posi rear end (so much for my cousin Vini), 222/226 @ 110.5
    before cam 1/8th 8.36 at 84mph

Tuner in Training
    Hello all,

From southern Illinois and new to tuning. I look forward to learning and I'll thank everyone in advance for helping.

Tuner in Training
    You can just call me Nick. I came here to read up alittle on the Hp Tuner product. I do want to order me a setup so I can start tuning on my own. I currently own a 2000 camaro and a 2006 silverado. I belong to a car club out of south Louisiana called Get On It Racing. Anyway I guess I will go and make a couple of drive by's on the forum.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOT ROD
    You can just call me Nick. I came here to read up alittle on the Hp Tuner product. I do want to order me a setup so I can start tuning on my own. I currently own a 2000 camaro and a 2006 silverado. I belong to a car club out of south Louisiana called Get On It Racing. Anyway I guess I will go and make a couple of drive by's on the forum.
    Welcome to the board Nick