Page 15 of 115 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Tuner in Training
    I'm Tommy. I'm a Quality Supervisor for an OEM shock absorber supplier. 46 going on 15 when it comes to cars. Just started playing with HPTuners a few days ago and looking forward to leaning more about it. This could be almost as much fun as driving the car.
    Last edited by Stingray; 04-06-2007 at 11:38 AM.
    2002 Camaro SS
    1975 Stingray

Hi.. my name is Steve. I just bought myself a dyno and shortly opend my own business. Since, have been tuning every carbed vehicle in the area along with a few LT1's. My first LT1 tune is my current 4400 lb impala ss putting down 11.30's at the track.
    I finally got tired of all the guys bringing in Hyper-bla and so called custom mail order tuning only to gain nothing more than the ability to adjust their speedo and some times even lose HP. Some of this adds up to 2-3 weeks wages for the kids in this area.

Needless to say I finally broke down and purchased a professional tune package a few days ago (can't wait to get it) and hopefully I can start swaying some of these guys away from the hype and get them some real improvements.

Sorry for the Rant
    Steve Logston
    Miami Muscle & Performance
    Miami, OK

Tuner in Training
    Hi Everyone, my name is Harry.

I'm 45, and guess that puts me half way through my teenage years. My wife disagrees and say I haven't finished puberty yet.

I have been in Electronics/Physics/Radiation for 28 years. I'm a U.S. Submarine Veteran of the Cold War, so it will explain some of the strangeness I may exhibit later in my posts.

I love tinkering with Motors and Vehicles. Now since computers and sensors are on everything, I can apply some of my work knowledge to my hobby interest.

I hope to receive my tuner in the next few days. I can then sneak out to my barn when the wife isn't looking and really have a blast.

I've been playing with cars since I was 16, I am now 23. I have been tuning efi since I started working for a major aftermarket tuning company in 03 and left in late 04 to put 100% of my effort into my business again.

GM stuff is new to me, but I'm getting the hang of it.
    Justin Starkey
    Ford and GM custom tuning
    Mobile Dynojet 224xLC
    www.VMPTuning.com
    2006 F250 CC 6.0L 14.3@92
    2006 Mustang 4.0L Vortech 15psi 395rwhp wife's car
    2000 Mustang 3.8L TT [email protected] 450rwhp

Hey y'all!!

My name is Mick from Quincy,Illinois. I drive a 2004 Chevy Avalanche with some medium mods. I work for at&t for 7 years and im proud to say:im a mod-aholic.

Now that warm weather is here i thought i pay a visit here and start tuning.

Oh yeah...i did purchase hptuners 6 months ago but havent done much with it. Great site! Keep it up!

See ya in the forums.

Mick.

Hey Ya'll!

The names Bryan, i'm a young gun by the looks of things. I'll be 21 in october!

I've been moding and tuening my Chevy Cobalt SS for the past year-year and a half and have put down a semi-supriseing 302whp 298wtq, not bad for a lil GM FWD!

I'm doing a custom turbo swap on my car as we speek, in the hopes of makeing it to and over the 400whp mark, all while being a DD car.

so to all of you, see ya in on the forums!

Tuner in Training
    name's mike, 27, and I will be tuning my 97 gtp, my roomie's 99 gtp, and other friend's supercharged 97 grand am gt. new to the whole tuning electronically, my 71 gto was a lot more hands on and a ton less technical, as is my asphalt snowmobile that i race weekly at the local dragstrip. so expect a lot of questions we are starting off with my car as a guinea pig and working on the other two when we get it figured out.
    ~Mike
    97 GTP coupe... slowly becoming hptuned, pem's, 3.4 pulley, rt dp, borla cat back, thrasher cai, and some homemade stuff

71 GTO
    400, 4 spd

03 n2o Firecat
    asphalt sled on spray

hey everyone i have been leerking for awhile. Bought HPT about 2 years ago or so, and have found ALOT of good info on here. Finially got around to signing up to the site. But here is the car...

2000 Trans Am
    A4-Stage2 built 4L60E 4000 stall
    pacesetter LT's and magnaflow CB
    LCA's
    PHR
    Adj TQ arm w/ DS Loop
    bilistien shocks
    Lid/Filter
    Stock Internals
    and ofcourse Tuned with HPT

Best 1/4 11.7 @ 115 on a small shot
    and 12.2 @109 on motor before suspension

whats up all,

My name is M@. I try to get to the point with all my words. I recently aquired HPT. Great Program, I must say. I knew a hand full about Ls series. but I didnt know that they are this well equipt.

Anything that has to deal with cars, I'm there.

Recently I built my 90' rx7 with 01 Ls1.
    Ran a 12.7 with no tune, higher redline, or traction.

Looking forward to talking with all you HPT'ers

Potential Tuner

Thumbs up

Hello guy's and gal's. For those of you who do not know me my name is Vince Bielanski. I work for Chuck Johnson at Finish Line Transmissions. I am a high performance transmission re builder who truly loves where I work and what I do for a living. I have been in the transmission business since 1990 and building transmissions for almost ten years. I have known Chuck since his early days when he was still working out of his garage. Building high performance units on the side while working at the dealer full time. I was just a r-n-r guy back then and was looking to become a builder. Shortly after that Chuck started his own business in Naperville IL. Which lead to another company called Finish Line Performance(FLP). At that point I found a guy also in Naperville that gave me a chance to learn how to be a builder. Myself and another guy would trade off building one week and wrenching the next. My duties then were general repair along with transmission r-n-r one week and the next was building transmissions. This was a good situation for me although I really wanted to specialize in high performance. I started helping Chuck at FLP in the evenings trying to get my foot in the door and was looking to leave my current situation. I had actually talked to the guy who had given me my first job in a transmission shop and went to work for him because it was much closer to where I live. They to did general transmission rebuilding but also did some high performance stuff that really got my attention. This job was a full time builders position. This shop was very close to where I live and had a lot of toy's for me to further my knowledge. We had a Transmission Dyno, a valve body testing machine, a solenoid testing machine and a lathe for machining parts. It was cool that Chuck and I remained friends even though I decided not to work at FLP and went elsewhere. I would call him from time to time to get advise on issues I was having along with new things I was trying. This only tells you what kind of guy Chuck is when not only did I back out on him but was one of his competitor's. The man is one stand up guy in my book. This was time well spent in my opinion but needless to say I wanted to do strictly high performance transmissions. In February of 2005 I caught wind that Chuck was breaking off from FLP and was forming his own company called Finish Line Transmissions (FLT). In April I started helping him once again in the evenings and weekends looking for a full time position at his new company. By July I gave my notice and was now at home at FLT. Chuck and I have compared a lot of knowledge and secrets to produce what is a FLT transmission. I do believe it is one of the better products on the market and I would not build any other way. Chuck has not only been a good boss but a very good friend. All in all I happy to be where I am.

I found this site by reading a post by Magnus on LS1TECH. I was looking at his signature and saw a link to this forum. I checked it out and never knew it existed. Myself up until a couple of years ago never really knew much about tuning software. I will be the first to say that I am a re-builder not a tuner. However I believe this site will definitely further my knowledge when it comes down to transmission tuning advise with my customers. Thank you for having this site. See you around. Vince.

Tuner in Training
    Hello all I am waiting for my tuner to come in, been working on cars for over 30 years and I must say I am loving this new technology, Old school was a Ball buster, trial and error. Kids got it made. Becareful in having fun.

Potential Tuner
    Hello All. Haven't bought HPT yet but am seriously looking into it now that I have put some serious mods in my car and it is gimped at 77 MPH (2.73 to 4.11 gear and factory 118 MPH fuel shut off means fun stops at a GPS verified 77 MPH). Eagerly awaiting the Ford tuning credits so we can play with my friends 07 CS/GT next.

My car is a 00 Z28 mods so far include: Free mods, SLP lid, Smooth bellows, LS6 intake, MS3 Cam, LS2 timing set, PRC dual valvesprings with titanium retainers, hardened pushrods and seats, LS6 ported oilpump, Pacesetters, True duals w flowmaster 1 chambers, Moser 9 with 4.11's and Detroit Locker, UMI adj T. Arm and PHR, BMR LCA's and welded in SFC's, all poly bushings (suspension), KYB adjustables, slotted/drilled rotors, ZR1's (17x11 rears). No times since those mods and still have racetronix 255 pump and wiring kit, 36# seimens injectors, LCA relocation brackets, and DS loop, and 150 shot to install (NOS single nozzle) to install and get the HPT to get it all together before I get it dyno'd.

Hopefully come middle of July I can get some track numbers just going to cruise here around and read as much as possible for now so when it comes in we can hook up both the LS1 and the 3V.

Advanced Tuner
    So, some Grand Prix guys might recognize the my name. Others not. Will post a sig later with car info.

Anyway, IT/Electronics person and not a Car person. But, with the PCM inside of the car, I feel a little more car person every day.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bilemke
    So, some Grand Prix guys might recognize the my name. Others not. Will post a sig later with car info.

Anyway, IT/Electronics person and not a Car person. But, with the PCM inside of the car, I feel a little more car person every day.
    Are you defecting from dhp?

Hi everyone, my name is Fahad, form Bahrain

I have Commodore SS 2000 with 233/239 cam, SW headers, 3.73ratio, ATI under drive pulley ,Knn filter kit
    3000 stall TCI, 205AFR "hptuners"

also I have Commodore ss 2003 with 224 .581 112 LSA, 3.43, kooks, borla cutback, ATI under drive pulley, Knn filter kit ls6 heads

and I'm not new with HP tuners I have it from MAY, 2005
    but I still beginner :P ... every day I learn new things ...
    so I want say thanks to my teachers .. " HPtuners staff and all forum members "

best wishes,

Tuner in Training
    My name is Larry. I work for an industrial electronics company. I am a hardware repair man by training and choice. Lately I have been doing PLC and limited HMI programming and the HP software intrigues me. I am struggling to not become a computer geek. LOL

Next pay check, due to someone named Bill at HP, they will get my order. I won't be able to do anything before then anyway. I have to travel to corporate for a training session next week.

I was impresed with the quick response Bill made to my questions. Some he answered right away and one he said he would defer to the sales dept for a better response. Sales has not contacted me yet. I do tech support myself and appreciate good support when I get it myself. The information on trailvoy.com and this site has me comfortable I will get a great product.

I am looking forward to using this software.

hi everybody. My name is Jerry and I'm an LSXholic. I drive a 50th Z06 and I used to drive a 2000 SS. I love LSX engines. See you around...
    2003 Z06

'00 SS Camaro M6 SOLD

Potential Tuner
    Sup guys.

I just bought a black/black '07 Z06 a couple of weeks ago. First thing I installed was Kooks w/3" catted x-pipe. Of course you HAVE to follow that up with HP Tuners, 160 stat and a CAI. If I get it up to 500RWHP, you know I have to spray it and make 600RWHP. It should be a law.

The last LS1 I built was ~7 years ago. If I had this software back then I could have made that thing demolish the 10.60's that it ran.

Excellent product!

Hi, my names Mike. I drive an 07 Saturn Ion with I/H/E and using HP Tuners to tune it.

Hey, my name is Chris and I am a civilian military advisor here in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, and former US Marine.

Just ordered my VCM Suite about 30 minutes ago and cant wait to get it and mess around with my 04 Trailblazer; as it can use some serious help. My Silverado is Predator tuned, but I figure I will mess around with that as well.

Cant wait!

Chris
    **Chris**

05 2500HD Silvi 6.0 4x4
    04 TB LTZ I6 4x4