Page 21 of 116 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Hello everyone, my name is Mykk.

I've a 2004 Silverado that I've been bolting onto since it was purchased new four years ago.

I just purchased HPT last week and am highly anticipating the arrival of the new toy. I have a feeling this forum will be my new home as I am trying to educate myself in the world of tuning.

Cheers ~Mykk

4.3L V6 / 4L60E

K&N FIPK2 - CFM-Tech 75mm throttlebody - MSD 6A - Accel coil - MSD 8.5mm wires - NGK tr6 - JBA headers - removed cats - 3" single mandrel bent exhaust - Flowmaster Super 40 - StylinConcepts thru bed exhaust tip - NOS Sniper wet 75 shot - Motive 4:10 rear gears
    Last edited by 04SilveradoMykk; 05-11-2008 at 02:57 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Hello my Name is Nic i live in Sacramento California. I have been into camaro & firebirds for 12 years now. Currently i have a 2000 Trans Am Ws6.
    When i bought the car it came with HP tuners so im trying to learn the product.

Potential Tuner
    What's up. Just checking in. I've been researching tuning options for my 2000 Pontiac GTP since I've pretty much reached the limits of the canned performance tune.

The other tuning option in the community is pretty much dead so that leaves HPTuners as my next choice, and I"m liking what I see on the forums here; there seems to be a lot of guys with the L67.

The plan is to become familiar while tuning my basic setup now, and then next year when I go turbo I'll have a tuning foundation so I won't have to depend on a performance shop or local club member to constantly tune my car.

Mods so far:
    3.4" pulley
    headers
    colder plugs
    colder thermostat
    GMPP catback
    CAI
    DHP 1.0 PCM

Before the headers I ran a 13.90 at 99 mph with a 2.1 60' (weak, I know).

Tuner in Training
    Hello, My name is Dave. I have a 1971 Datsun 240Z with an LS1 swap from an 01 firebird. I JUST got my HP tuners today, so I felt it was a good idea to introduce myself. :-) I'm 25 years old, been into cars since I was in high school. I have been a Volvo Mechanic for roughly 3 years now. I am looking forward to learning more about what HP tuners is all about.

Potential Tuner
    Hi, my name is Joe.

I am looking foward to receiving my copy of HPTuners and get to additional fine tuning on my car.

As for my car, I have a 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT. The drivertrain is an l67/4T65E-HD combo from a Buick Park Avenue Ultra.

Modlist for the motor:
    -Northstar TB
    -LQ4 MAF
    -Ported Blower inlet/outlet by triple edge performance
    -ZZP short stack intercooler adapted to the Fiero
    -ZZP 1.86:1 roller rockers
    -ZZP front powerlog
    -3" mandrel bent exhaust into a single in/dual out Magnaflow
    -CAI
    -Modified series-3 fuel rails
    -42.5lb injectors
    -Walbro 255lph fuel pump
    -ZZP modular pulley system currently running a 3.0" pulley

-Custom Tune by Sinister Performance in Fort Wayne (also performed the swap)
    -NGK AFX wideband
    -Aeroforce Scanguage

My best numbers are 256rwhp/319rwftlbs on the dyno (93 octane, stock injectors and a 3.25" pulley). I have run a [email protected] in the 1/4 mile (3.25" pulley, 100 octane)

My car already has a decent tune on it. I bought my own HPtuners mainly for small tweaking and adjustments. I have seen how the program basically works, but I'm a rookie to this whole tuning thing and have been spending the past week searching the boards trying to gain as much information as I can. I am dying to get new numbers and timeslips.

Here's some pics:

Tuner in Training
    Hi everyone, My name is Talan. New to tuning and to the forum, and finding out how incredibly clueless I am about automotive tuning. I've always liked turning wrenches on cars though. I have a 2005 Cobalt SS/SC that is gonna be dropping the SC in favor of a turbo setup.

Current Setup is

05 Cobalt SS/SC
    GM Stage 2
    42.5# injectors
    79mm pulley
    Injen Intake
    Vibrant Header/downpipe
    GMPP Sport Exhaust

I just ordered HPtuners yesterday so I'm really looking forward to learning a lot here and diving in to get this pig rich GM tune outta here. So its great to be on here and I look forward to learning a lot from you guys. And hopefully you can put up with my retarded questions for awhile.

Hello. My name is Jon.

I am building a '48 Chevy pickup with a 5.3/4L60 out of a '04 Silverado.
    I'm in the middle of fitting the engine/trans to the chassis, so I am not into the tuning just yet. I am going to run things stock for now, and make some mods after I know the swap is a success. I am just here testing the waters to see if HPtuners is the best option for getting me up and running.

I am not a wrench, but I have spent my entire adult life in the automotive industry (mostly as a service writer/manager, and also in GM parts for a few years in the mid 90's).

Hopefully I can be of some help once I get some tuning experience under my belt.
    Jon (in Ohio)
    '48 Chevy Pickup ('04 5.3, 4L60E, 3.73)

Jim here, been lurking for a long time, finally decided to join up and maybe ask some questions or contribute where I can. I have a TBSS with suspension and hot weather/durability mods, and a 93 Fullsize Blazer project with a turbo'd ls1.
    2012 Panamera Turbo
    2010 Cayenne GTS
    1991 Suburban 2500 - 565EFI, 6L90, NP205, 4 link/coilovers on 37s.

Tuner in Training
    Thought I'd finally pop in and say Hi. My name is Jason, been lurking for awhile but am now ready for tuning on my latest project. A competition rock crawler with a ls1 and 4l60e. So far HPTuner has been invaluable and I can't wait to learn more. Thanks for an awesome product

Potential Tuner
    Hi My name is Wade Jarvis some might reconize me from jbody.org. I drive a supercharged 2002 Chevy Cavalier Z24. Some of my performance mods are
    Custom cold air intake
    56 mm throttle body
    GM Supercharger ported and polished by Stiegemeier performance
    Stock size 2.8" polished quick change pully
    HP tuners modified version of GM reflash with 7000 RPM rev limit Thanks to Shifted (Ron Beyer)
    Ported and polished head
    Secret cams
    Stainless steel valves
    New 2.4 valve springs and lifters
    Pacesetter armour coated 4-1 header
    Block bored .040 over and painted black
    Wiseco 9.5:1 forged pistons
    Eagle H beam rods
    ARP head and main studs
    2.3 oil pump swap
    Prothane upper and lower moter mounts
    Prothane front and rear transmission mounts
    Clutchmasters Stage 3 clutch
    Team green LSD insert
    Optima red top battery
    And here are a few pics of my ride.

I am a newb to the tuning thing but I look forward to learning about it and helping others once I have a solid understanding of it myself. My car is currently tuned using hp tuners by someone else (mail order tune).

Tuner in Training
    Hi I'm Derek Estey from Burlington, Vermont. I grew up on a family dairy farm. I was lucky enough to have a garage with a lift and many tools. Went to UVM for Computer Science, now I'm working at Country Home Products doing computer related actities.

I drive a rusty '95 Subaru Legacy 5spd with a 75 shot of nitrous,
    and a 2003 Silverado 2500 5spd that's getting the hptuners

I like to play paintball, guitar, basketball, golf. I collect assault rifles like ar15's and AK74s.

Pleased to meet y'all!

Ford tech by trade recalled to the army .I have disassembled my corvette completely and traced most of the wiring and battery drain issues please feel free to call roy at 270 234 3676. Picture 310

Potential Tuner

Talking Transplant of a LS1 to a Boat

Hi

I am putting an Ls1 from a VZ Commodore (Aussie GMH car) into my 15 foot jet boat.

Has anyone on the forum done anything like that, even a retro fit into a hotrod with old school analogue auto transmission would be useful guidance.

My version of the LS1 has the first electronic throttle (Hitachi version) , So far I have downloaded the OS from the PCM and disabled VATS. Need some advice on how to cope with having no A4 transmission interfaced to the PCM

On the plus side , no MAF , no emission rules, no speed cameras on the water.

Hey guys I just got my tuner this week and I'm looking forward to using it on my 97 GTP.
    I just want to say thanks to my good friend bilemke for helping me out with this endeavor and the future challenges of tuning from across the country.
    Last edited by Blown97; 06-14-2008 at 11:10 PM.
    3.4", 3" cated DP, SLP air box, TB spacer, 180* Thermo, "Bilemke Tuning".

Advanced Tuner
    Hmm. We meet again Blown97..

Get that thing plugged in and ready to go.. We have a lot of updates to do..
    97 Grand Prix GTP (not going to bother listing mods in detail) 1 messed up 97 PCM with about 30-50% of a 2003 calibration and parts of a few others.

hi
    I just wanted to say hello and that Im saving some money so I can buy the pro kit with the wideband and the home classes from the tuning school. But since Im going to school and only working part time it might take a few months
    Last edited by Empatho; 06-16-2008 at 06:53 PM.
    2002 Camaro z28 Auto(3.23)
    MODS
    Lid,K&N,P&P Throttle Body,TB Bypass,Y-pipe,Shift kit,160 Thermostat,UD pulley,Flowmaster,AC delete,Rear Seats delete,Strut brace,Adj. Panhard,Relocation brackets,Rear LCA, and Subframe connectors

Potential Tuner
    hello yall my name is Jason. I am new to the programming part of cars. Have been working on cars/trucks since i was 9. Have a 2004 cavalier 1sv, just sold my 66 ford p/u. dont know much about the programming aspect but hope to pick it up.

Yo....My Name Is Vinny. I Just Got My HP Tuners VCM Suite MPVI Pro 2.22. I See There Are References To This Repository, Where Can I Find It?
    2008 TrailBlazer SS AWD 3SS, Keystone Camaro SS Style Hood, LS1 Dual Fans, LS7 TB, 80lbs Injectors, Meth Injection, TVS2300 @14lbs, Innovators West 10% Overdrive 8-Rib Crank Pulley & T-Mac's 2.9" RIP 8-Rib Pulley, A.R.H. Stainless a Steel 1 7/8" W/Cats and a Full Custom Stainless Steel Dual Exhaust, Tune Time's Blower Cam

Potential Tuner
    Hey Guys,
    My name is Mike. I'm in the DFW area. Brand new to this. Just purchased the pro edition. Have some experience with both race engines and computers but not both together. Have my 05 Avalanche, my 99 4wd Suburban and my parents 05 Envoy that I hope to work on. I plan on asking alot of questions so thank you in advance for all the help you guys in the forum give me.

Tuner in Training
    Name is Matt and been around the block a little with tuning (CMR software), but just got started with HPT. I have an 06 TBSS and an 02 Trans Am that I will be using as my 'test' vehicles and go from there. I'll probably have a few questions along the way and appreciate any support that I get. I'll try to help out too with whatever I can.