Page 22 of 115 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Smile intro

hi.
    Mike Foote ,mobile Alabama
    i am 46 and have owed some 200+ cars.i still remember the points+condenser days. HEI and unleaded gasWAS A BIG THING.A VACUUM GAGE ,SCREW DRIVER AND A EAR IS ALL THAT WAS NEEDED.
    up tell now i just paid the man.on the newer stuff if ever needed(all GM
    )i have five years naval electronic and thirteen as a machinist,mostly CNC.
    i was put to pasture in 2000.now I've taken a big bite with this one.
    last car ,1976,455, 4-spd,blk. on blk.trans am (PHS) restored all original.
    now yellow 2004,c5,z06,ls6,ptk style twin turbo,zero tuners in mobile
    i have found only two guys w/hpt around here.

My name is Jason. I've been building engines for a few years, but I'm new to HP tuners. I have a lot to learn, but I think I understand what I'm doing so far. I'm mostly interested in diesel tuning. I'm easing my way into tuning duramax powered trucks.
    My wife says my motto is "I can either do it my way or you can do it your way." I have no idea what she's talking about.

2007 LBZ dually Classic
    Cold air
    Cat back
    Bald Tires

Potential Tuner

Red face new here

I had a 70 rs pro-street camaro bbc and 2 seats, sold it to make room for the family, now I have bought a 99 ls1 motor and am putting it in a 72 vega, I have bought a wiring harness and computer???? that was set up f.a.s.t. for a 2000 6sp, I am trying to read as much as I can and have decided on hp tuners as my software. I want to read as much as possible before I spend any money to see if its really possible for me to do the tuning. I am reading as much as I can and if any body has any reading for me please let me know! I bought the book, Building & Tuning High Performance eEectronic Fuel Injection by Ben Strader, I have read it twice and still feel week at best! here is the build up of the camaro
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WHoK1MoS5c

Great site!!
    Thanks for your time TC
    Last edited by waybad; 07-12-2008 at 07:15 PM.

Hi
    my name is Abdullah Born 1983 so 25 years old
    Search and rescue pilot on helicopter ( so anyone need help i will be there )
    trying to learn tuning just for myself and for my close friend ( to tune cars )

specialize in: V8 Tuning (Kuwait)
    Abdullah Al-najdi
    00965 99369929
    www.youtube.com/alnajdi83
    Tuners ! Quit Raping your PE TABLE !
    instagram : alnajdi83
    best number in 1/8 mile 4.54 ( My Driving + My Tune ) !

Tuner in Training
    hi,

my name is Todd. I've been browsing through this site for a few months to see if this is something I would like to do. I have a 99 z28 that I will be installing headers on very soon. wanna make sure it runs its best when finished. seems to be plenty of help here in the forums and the support is pretty good. so I'm gonna jump in and hope for the best.

Tuner in Training
    Hi

My name is Bob. I currently own a 96 Olds Cutlass Supreme 2-door w/ L82 V6. PCM was swapped with a 97 Lumina PCM to allow me to tune. I have only a few mods for performance which are a 3" FWI I fabricated and a 2.25" Catback to duel Flowmasters. So far, I have done a couple tunes and they are slowly getting better.

Brief Introduction

My name is Michael. I have a 2007 GMC Sierra Denali that I'd like to do a few things to. In the year or so I've had it, I've put a Volant Cold Air Intake on it and I've replaced the stock exhaust system with a true dual setup. I've spent most of my recent forum time on GM-Trucks.com and DenaliTrucks.com.

I've been using the DiabloSport Predator hand-held unit since late last year. I installed the Performance Tune and I did some data logging & parameter mods with it. That got more out of the 6.2 w/ the 6-spd, but I know there's more, hidden away in there. Rather than pay someone else a lot of money to do a custom tune, I'm thinking about spending a little more, get HPT and do it myself.

I've only been on the site a few days, browsing around. Give me another few weeks or a month or so and I may start asking some questions... Thanks for providing a great site and a great forum. When I looked at one of the competitor sites, the users in their forums seemed snotty and condescending to anyone who didn't know as much as they did. That was an immediate turn-off. I won't spend my $$ there.

Take it easy...
    2007 GMC Sierra Denali (NBS - RWD) - Volant CAI - Custom Flo-Pro True Dual Exhaust

Harry. I have a 1997 Regal GS with a bunch of engine mods. I got the tuner to help with dialing in my tune and to do case learn. I actually purchased it with 2 other guys, one has a 04 Monte SS and the other a Silverado with the 6L engine.

Potential Tuner
    I'm Greg (Hahncho). I have an '05 Silverado with a 5.3 Vortec. I am getting into the Hydrogen conversion business and want to tune for fuel economy. Leaning one out seems to challenge GM's ideas on how to mix air and fuel. The norm in this field is to fool the ECM with controlls or chips on sensors. I want to work with the ECM to lean the A/F mixture with new parameters. It seems like most if not all members are tuning for speed and power, but things will be changing at $5/gal. I need suggestions on where to lean every engine because every one that comes along has a different mill or setup on a similar one.

Potential Tuner
    Hey Everyone. My name is Cliff (as you can tell by the screen name) and I'm new to the whole tuning thing.

I have a few vehicles to work with that HPTuners supports and more that don't. But we'll stick to the ones that do for now.

2002 GMC Sierra Denali (6.0 LQ4)
    2004 Oldsmobile Alero (2.2 L61, 5-speed)
    2006 Pontiac GTO (6.0 LS2, 6-speed)
    2006 Cadillac STS-V (4.4 SC LC3)

Potential Tuner

My Viper drives like a dream thanks to Underground Racing

My Viper drives like a dream thanks to Underground Racing in Charlotte, N. Carolina. Underground took a botched up build from another tuner and turned my car into the real ultimate driving machine (sorry, BMW). It gets 20.0 MPG, idles at 50 MPH in 6th gear (1,000 RPM) and pulls strong in 6th gear to at least 2,000 RPM (100 MPH). In lower gears it pulls much faster. Should be a solid 9 second car on street tires once this driver gets better at driving it.

510 cubic inch stroker motor, built from the bottom up, Underground Racing spec Cam, Jeffy Morys Street Striker Heads, Belanger Headers, Random Tech Metal Substrate Catalytic Converters, Corsa 3" Cat Back, AEM, Sean Roe Water/Methanol Injection, Paxton Supercharger, 93 Octane Pump Gas.

Check out the story and photos by clicking on my friend’s site below in my signature - you''ll be glad you did & spread the word!

2002 Dodge Viper GTS with over 1,000 rear wheel HP built right by Underground Racing, Charlotte, NC

visit www.LarryMacedoMS.com for details

Potential Tuner
    My name is Jay. Mechanical Engineer.

2000 Vette with some mods. Patriot heads/cam, LS6 intake, LS2 flywheel, LS7 clutch, headers and dual 3" exhaust, 4.10 gears, vararam, blah, blah blah. My brother and I did all the work. We also recently dropped a 6.0 with 4l80e into my bro's El Camino.

So next step is learning to tune! Recently picked up a copy of HP Tuners. A few friends locally also have HP Tuners and are happy with the program. Looking forward to tuning. It seems like a fun hobby.

Tuner in Training
    I joined a while ago checking for ECM support but found out later I'm stuck with DHP due to the limitations on the HPTuner software, but

My name is Jonathan, 25yr old, been in the beretta world since 99, and been tuning with DHP for about 3 years or so now. Converted my 95 to OBDII and used a 97 Venture ECM to tune it, and now built a pretty sick 3400/3500 motor for my new 96 Beretta... I'll be on and off this board for mostly tuning type questions once I get deep into my tune. Big cam is fun to tune Also I think all my mods to the 96 are in my sig.
    1996 Toy Beretta
    3500/4t60e-HD LOTS of mods
    100 Shot Nitrous...
    12.48@113 Oct 2017

Tuner in Training
    My name is Eddie, hence the user name. I am getting ready to try and tune my 1970 LS6 Corvette convertible. I have 0 tuning experience and am trying to learn about as much as I can possibly squeeze in my head about tuning. I hope to be driving it sometime soon. My DD is a 2002 Electron Blue Z06. If I do well enough on the 70, I might try and squeeze a little of the the Z06 for kicks. No mods on the Z06, bone stock. The 70, has springs, 243 heads, ported TB and MAF and long tube headers. Will be running a set to 2 1/2 inch duals with mufflers only.

Potential Tuner
    My name is Joe. Thought I'd introduce myself after 2 years of using HP Tuners, and looking on here "behind the scenes" Its been great reading and learning from all of the great "tuners" on here. It has all helped me out alot.

Hello all. I'm Chris. I've got a 1998 Corvette and a Grand Prix. I have two BS degrees, Math and comp sci.. I work as a software engineer. I'm brand new to PCM/VCM tuning, but am learning and reading quickly.

First time doing anything like this, did my research and figure if I'm gonna do it might as well go with the best so here I am. Have a 2007 impala SS having to do a rebuild on the valve train atm due to bent valves then the tuning experience begins. Looking forward to this project, may or may not need help I've always found I learn best by tinkering with the car myself then if I get stuck to ask. Thanks in advance to all that will help me out in the long run, I've already been reading the forums a lot and tons of advice out there just from reading old post thanks again

Dave
    2007 Impala SS
    K&N CAI, 3" cat back Magaflow mufflers res delete, Ceramic coated Headers&crossover pipe, SLP 1.85 rockers, SLP Chrome Moly pushrods, SLP High Performance Valve Springs, F&R STB bars, EBC sport rotors, EBC yellowstuff pads, BOSS 318 20" black chrome, Nitto 555 Extreme 235/45ZR20

Potential Tuner

Hello All

Mark here from PA, Been a painter most of my life so body work and paint are no problem, Small blocks Chevy is a breeze. But know I'm into the LS motors and I need to learn alot. I'm hoping to learn enough on here to buy a HPTUNER and save some cash and do the tune myself.

Potential Tuner
    Hello Everyone. My name is Dwayne Pack. 39Yo in Eastern KY.

I been reading the threads here for some time and finally decided to buy the HP Tuner. You see even though i am a NewB here i am not a NewB to F.I., High Performance, or even computer flashing. So first i'd like to give you alittle background:

I am a 3rd time Master Recertified Automotive Technician. I also have the Advanced Level L1 Engine Performance. I am also A Master D.O.T. Certified Heavy Equipment Diesel Technician and Gold Level Certified Chrysler Technician. (I worked for Chrysler for almost 5 years the last 3 of which i was Lead diagnostician) I do have many other related Certs but i wont get into that right now. I own a 99GTP that i have been working on for some time so i figured what better time to start learning since i need to anyway for my future. You see about 8 years ago do to a personal injury i quit Chrysler and took a Job offer as an Automotive Instructor for the KY Tech System. Part of my Course is Engine preformance and alot of my students Love and mention the Fast and The Furious Movies. So i figure what better way to make them want to learn even more about F.I., Advanced Electronic Engine Performance, and Computers than to actually be able to show them alittle of how its done. Been meaning to get a tuner for awhile but with my budget constraints i just couldnt swing it. So i purchased it on my own.

So hopefully as i learn more about tuning i can contribute here as well. ( I have been a member of IATN for almost 15 years and answer questions there all the time). So hopefully in the future i should have much to offer here as well as to HP. Because im shure my best students will want to buy tuning software when they see it done and especially when the dodge programing come available my knowledge of it should help.