Page 23 of 115 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Potential Tuner
    Hey WayBad. I would love to see pic of the 72Vega LS! project when you get started. I love the Vega's anyway (had a 75 back years ago) and i have a 73 now that i was thinking of doing the same swap with. I probably wont now since i come across a 434 stroker for a great deal which im gonna be going with so i would love to see how yours comes out.

Potential Tuner
    Hey Y'all I'm Luke (stryder on cobalt forums) Ive been parusing these forums trying to learn alot on tuning. I am brand new to tuning and think its a blast. if you have any info, links, books and such that could help me please let me know.

Tuner in Training carseat-qatar's Avatar
    Mabuhay to All Tuners'

Im Dennis from Philippines currently works and resides here in Doha Qatar,
    Graduated Automotive mechanic in Don Bosco Technical School in Manila Phils
    Littlle knowledge in electronics.

We just purchased HP Tuners VCM Suite 2.22 and trying to introduce HP Tunes here in Doha Qatar some advice and guidance will be highly appreciated,specially for the technical expert and moderators of HP Tuner.

Theres a lot of car enthusiast here in Qatar and by introducing HP Tuners which will boost there GMC cars and trucks stock to there hungry taste of speed and power.

More Power and i will depend for the support of the HP Tuners Technical team and for the other tuners.

MABUHAY to ALL"

Potential Tuner
    Noob, (Marquedo7babybalt on cobaltss.net) I am here to learn how to tune so I wont blow my car up lol, but also to see how the engine is on the inside. I took a look at my 07 ss/sc the other day and did my 1st log and was amazed at everything that you can see that you never knew was there( well you knew it was there but wasnt able to see how it was doing and such). So I hope I learn alot and be able to become a great tuner.

P.S. I also want to thank HP. for coming out with such an amazing product Thanx.

Hi my name is Pete and I'm just looking into purchasing HP Tuners Software. I tune Fords and now would like to tune GM as well.

Pete

Potential Tuner
    Howdy Hp. Matt here and Im just getting into tuning my own stuff. I figure itll be a lot cheaper to do it myself instead of paying someone to do it everytime for me.

Quote Originally Posted by FiremanSS
    Howdy Hp. Matt here and Im just getting into tuning my own stuff. I figure itll be a lot cheaper to do it myself instead of paying someone to do it everytime for me.
    is this the same firemanSS from kyhorspower ?? if so hit me up on the board if you need any help along the way.

matt moon
    98 Z28m6,ramVDS,lakewood LCA,sphon SFC,NOS 125shot,HPtuned LQ4.045milled heads,224/228 581/588 comp cam,fast toys lid,ported 85maf,ls6 intake,long tubes with custom exhaust

ALOHA TO ALL!!! NEW TO HP TUNING AND LOVING IT. STILL TRYING BUT YOU ALL KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AT HPTUNING. YOU ARE ALL DOING A GREAT JOB. LOVE THE FORUMS.LOTS TO LEARN. HAVE A GREAT DAY
    2000 CamaroSS, ProCharger P1SC 8lbs boost,SLP Maf,Subframe,Adjustable torque Arm,MSD wires, ignition and coils,3.73 gears,eibach lowering springs, SLP Linelock, Hooker Headers, Flowmasters, Strange Shocks with Coilovers front Strange Shocks back, BMR front and rear swaybars with rear adjustable location brackets

Potential Tuner
    Hello all! My name is John. I have been a police officer for 22 years, and 3 years ago I decided that I was going to build a hotrod. I decided on my dream car, 34 Ford Coupe, however I wanted a reliable motor. I asked several people, and each pointed me towards an LS1. So here I am, I have a 34 Ford Coupe powered with a 1999 LS1 out of a Firebird. I have had several issues with the engine, and most recently the programming. I have always known that it takes gas, spark and combustion to make an engine work, but tables and histograms is a new concept to me.
    Out of necessity, and to make life easier I have purchased the HP Tuner.
    I am a newbie to the PCM concept and to programming but I love a challenge and I am willing to learn. I will apologize in advance for any basic questions that I may ask, but I learned along time ago that the only stupid question is the one that was not asked. I have read a lot of the threads, watched the demos (thanks Bill!) and I have downloaded Craig’s basic manual and have created a reference book to have at my side. I probably won’t be able to give anyone ideas as what to do, but rest assured I will be able to provide a lot of information on what NOT to do! Look forward to reading, learning, and if I can ever be of assistance to anyone in the St. Louis area, feel free to contact me.

Tuner in Training

Talking

Hello all, "new guy here". I purchased the standard HPTuners package and am excited about getting my truck tweaked. I'll have to start searching through some of the hundreds of threads for standard upgrade settings for my truck's computer unless someone can point me in the right direction.
    1999 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
    5.3L, Stock Configuration.

Hi all, newbie signing in!!!

My name is Mark,

I have a performance workshop in Sydney Australia.

I purchased the HP tuners package so I can develop my own vehicle and then progress to customers vehicles.

My vehicle is a 2008 Holden VE SSV Sportswagon, 6L L98, 6 speed auto.

I am fitting Liquid Sequential Injected LPG.

I wish to develop this type of tuning also.

Thanks and looking forward to many informative posts.

Mark.
    Last edited by mrcdyno; 11-03-2008 at 05:57 AM. Reason: more info

Tuner
    Newbie Here!!

Fiance says she will be purchasing a copy of Hp tuners for me for X-mas So I thought I would sign up and get a jump on reading and learing so I know what Im doing so when the time comes I can understand what Im looking at and how it effects how the car drives.

BTW I'm Sam Spent 8yrs In the Automotive field specializing in Volkswagen vehicles... I Stepped away but still modify and work on cars as a hobby.

Potential Tuner
    Hello, I am a newbie.

I have a 2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS. I orginally had a superchip, but it was very limited. I sold that and bought the HP tuner to have more ability to tune.

I am new to the tuning world, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

howdy! names jessie. picked up a 08 G8 GT bout 3 weeks ago. dont have hp tuners yet but plan on gittin it in the very near future (budget). just picked up a laptop so im halfway there. i plan on spending a lot of time here learning how to tune without a box full of holley parts...
    08 GMC rcsb 2wd. 4.8/4L80e with a dollar store turbo.
    best so far of 7.25 @ 97.4 1/8 mile

Tuner in Training
    Good morning everyone.

Name is Erik and I currently have an 06 Cobalt (LSJ) that I'm doing a compressor swap on. The shop that's doing my SS fab work wants to start their own tuning, so I'm pitching in w/ them to pick up pro.

I'll be around trying to research stuff for their current projects and hopefully can pick up quite a bit of information...
    Last edited by Edubs; 03-23-2009 at 05:51 PM.

Advanced Tuner

newbie from Maine

I have been lurking & reading on here since getting hpt a few months ago , time to get interactive !

I am into modding 3800 sc cars , I have several in my stable with the most effort to date into my 02 regal gs -175k miles on original long block & trans with intake, ported blower/lim/tb , 3.4 pulley ,and exhaust mods , on a zzp 1.0 tune with street tires has run 13.5 @104

no ic , no cam ,no headers , no tune- YET........hopefully see 12's in the spring when the track re opens

I also have a couple friends with LS1 cars so hoping to help them out too with tuning

good to be here with you all

Tuner
    Hi my name is roger, im from houston,texas, i am a high school student interested in auto tech, ASE certified in electronics,would appreciate yall' s help...

Hey all, new here as of today. Never lurked, but will be doing tons of reading. Just picked up the Pro version. Can't use it for a month or so. I'm in Korea. Looking to find hidden power in my '06 Saturn Ion Redline.

Potential Tuner
    Hello,

I came across a good deal on a hpt serial style with unlimited 98fbody liscence. So i purchased it. It comes with vcm suite 1.5.2 which is preaty old but looking to see if i can use newer ones. Hopefully i can lern a thing or two around here.

thanks
    ivan

Tuner in Training
    hey just got hpt yesterday

Looking foward to learning curve ahead.