Page 27 of 115 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Potential Tuner
    Hello everyone,

I have had HPT for a few years and have really never utilized it. I resided on a small 200 acre farm in Owensville-MO then moved to Wildwood-St. Louis-MO where I was employeed @ a GM dealer(collision repair). Got out of the collision repair industry when I moved to Republic-MO(close to Springfield-MO), now I am a Insurance Broker(Health,Life,Dental,Vision,Med-supps, and supplemental products) I started my crave for speed/toys in my youth racing LT 250r atvs then a few super bikes R6/R1's, a 78 nova, a couple CJ7's, a 2001 HO 24v VP cummins that I competed in sledpulling, dynoing, and drag racing.(in 2003, 702 highest hp with spray and 13.3 @103 6speed best ever diesel only) Then a 2005 Dmax, 12.7 @ 109 tunning/suncoast stage IV tranny and spray. There was a 1993 27ft baja in there somewhere also. No toys at this time but would love to build something with a dmax again, either a roller 64 chevy II, 68 camaro, or a hummer rolling chasis with a denalli body and of cource a dmax power plant. We just purchased a 2004 suburban with the 5.3, 143k but VERY clean. It currently getting 12.1 on the Hwy! I want to go through everything to hopefully help it out, so you will see me alot now asking some novice questions. Here is a link of my race back in 03. Thanks! Jeremy Homeyer

http://www.caldwellonline.net/videos/Dodgediesel.wmv
    Last edited by 01HO; 08-15-2009 at 09:47 AM. Reason: location Republic MO

Potential Tuner
    Hey-
    Old school hot-rodder & total noob to actually learning anything about EFI. In the past I've just mashed the gas. I've had an '06 GTO/A4 for 3+ yrs. modded with H & C that runs low 11s & even peeked into the 10s once or twice N/A. The car runs well but I still want to learn this stuff. So far I've just done some logging & used the compare feature on tunes I've seen posted up here. Looking forward to learning much more!
    rc

Potential Tuner
    Hi all,
    I have quiet a few projects going on, my two main ones being a 71 Nova with a LS2 swap (donar car was a 05 Pontiac GTO) of which i'm looking into using HPT to tune it. The other big project is a 1986 Saab 900T (fully built engine) of which i will be putting together shortly and tuning it with a megasquirt EMS. My next project after finishing these two will be my 2000 Excursion (v10), of which i'm currently looking for tune support! (this one is the main reason i'm here....I hope HPT will extend support to these sometime in the near future...).

Potential Tuner

Hello from AMie. Trying to figure this all out!

Hey guys, I just got the HPtune because I recently got an 08 trailblazer with a I6 4.2L. I traded my 97 G1500 in. It had to go! I used the hypertech on it and it worked great! Now I have a like new hypertech box thats no good to me any more. I liked what the hptune was able to do rather than sending my VCM out.
    I would rather have the ability to change things when I want. I am having a hard time understanding how to use this setup. I have hooked it up and saved the stock settings but have not changed anything yet. I dont want to race but know what I want to change, Just not sure what to change or where.
    Its fun reading threw the forum and all the inof here! Any input or direction to look at would be great Amie

Hi, Newbie here, looking at the HP to set up my ECM for my Ecotec, I made some search and couldn't find the answer, so I decide to jump in, the car is a Replica Gt40, chassis is done, now I want to test it before going further, hopefuly I will find some answer here.

Potential Tuner
    Newbe to the forum, I have had my HPtuners for a 2000GTP that I never ending up using bcause the mail order tune that I had recieved prior to receiving my unit didn't really need a bunch of tweeking and I ended up selling the car. I just put together a 48 Chevy with an 04 GTO LS1 and 4l60E trans. I had a mail order tune initially, runs OK but can tell there is more, as well as nothing was done to the trans except modified for the gear ratio and tire size and cant stand the way the transmission shifts and feels so it will need some deffinate tweeking with as well. I just upgraded to the pro version and once I receive it will get the required key for the new setup. I will deffinately be needing some help tuning.

Potential Tuner

Newb From Indy

Hey all,

the name is kyle, i have been driving and having cars modded for about 10 years now, and finally decided to dive into the tuning world, since there is a shortage of reliable good tuners here in the area, i have decided to use my own 2004 gto as my test dummy.

i really dont know much about this, but hope to learn alot. i am very rigorous when it comes to computers and research and think i can handle this. I hope.
    thanks

hey,

Im shawn, i work in the Air Force as a fire truck mechanic in florida. I own a 2007 Chevy Cobalt SS/SC that currently has hpt on it, but the program is my buddies. Im hoping to be picking up my own harness and program for myself sometime soon. I also own a 1994 Jeep Wrangler that i wouldnt give up for anything! Basically im here to learn a lot about hpt and maybe get the harness and program while im here. Looking forward to some helpful knowledge!

2011 CTS-V Coupe
    - 1993 Mazda RX7

*The most powerful designs are always the result of a continuous process of simplification and refinement.*

Hi, my name is Steven and I have an 04 Pontiac GTP Comp G with a few mods that I had been tuning with PT. I'm curious about HPT but have not seen it in action. Thanks for any help.
    2004 Grand Prix GTP Comp G
    Cobra injectors, LQ4 maf, OBX headers, 3.4" ZZP mps, PT, and a few other things...

Tuner in Training
    my name is steven just got the standard and am very pleased with the interface very easy to navigate. i was wondering i know theyre specific but i was looking for a really good I/H/E 2.2 eco tune if anyone can help me that would be awesome

hey guys new to hp tuners me and a friend are trying to learn it, been goin to outside resources for my tuning figured i do everything else to my truck why not tune it. hope to get some knowledge here.
    5.3 SILVY 200 SHOT HP TUNED. 11.8/114 FOR NOW

Potential Tuner
    Hi guys, I'm an mechanic/technican at a Saab workshop. I have worked quiet alot with Saabs Trionic 7 and 5, and got Hp tuner becaouse of the introduction of Motronic 9.6 in Saab V6.
    I do alot of tuning for those that haven't afford with the big tuning companies tunes, so mainly younger people.
    At work I mainly do faultysearch at cars that still have warranty, and also engine and gearbox repairs.

Potential Tuner

Hello from accross the border

Hello everyone, my name is Horacio and I´m currently working on an interesting project. I own a 2003 Pontiac Grand Am (V6 3400 sfi) which I´ve been doing some upgrades.
    I´m installing a Vortech Supercharger and I´m planning on upgrading the fuel injectors and tuning the pcm so that it could hold the air flow changes.
    Need a lot of help ´cause I´m new with HP Tuners software which I recently got. Any pointers?

Hello all I just got my pro kit and can't wait to get started. I hope to learn a bunch fast. I have been lurking and reading for a couple of months now. My car is my sig, bone stock for now.

Potential Tuner
    Hi Wyatt here. I am an Automotive Service Tech and have been working on a hydrogen boost generator for the last couple of years. To make a living and keep things moving through the shop I am new to this electronic tuning business. What I need is to find out how to shorten the injector pulse rate so that as the hydrogen is introduced less gasoline/diesel is required to maintain good performance. The problem is two fold in that it must return to the correct stoichiometrc ratio if a problem occurs with the booster so that combustion chamber temperatures stay within range.

Any help that I get would be appreciated

Thanx

Tuner in Training
    Well I am new to the board and looking forward to finding out the best way to start tuning our 408 LS1. Any pointers would be GREAT!

Hello, my name is Riley, just got hp tuners on the 16th, I drive a lil cobalt

Hey. name is Don. I'm a big fan of racing GM cars, mostly with old school carbed stuff. Starting messing with fuel injection after I bought my 02 Z28 about a year ago. I bought Hptuners earlier this year and I seam to learn something new with it every time I use it. I also just bought a G8 GT that I look forward to playin with.

Potential Tuner
    Hi, guys my name is Alex, been into the hot rodding of cars for over 20 years now. Granted most of my experience is with carb motors, but I have decided to move into the 21st century and learn how to tune EFI. I have a few cars, a '71 Camaro, '71 GMC truck, a '88 Turbo Coupe T-bird, and the reason I'm here, a '99 Z28 Camaro. I'm also a senior member of www.bangshift.com, everyone calls me TC which is short for TubbedCamaro, if you get a chance come check us out, the forum is one the best forums I've found on the internet, it definitely has a great bunch of guys. Well anyways here's to jumping into the land of EFI, hoping it will be worth the price that I've invested.

Potential Tuner
    Hello Guys, my name is Nathan and Ive been in the 12v industry for 12 years now and own my own mobile electronics retail store. I have been gradually learning more mechanical skills and myself and a few experienced mechanics have been rebuilding the engine in my 2007 Cobalt with many performance mods, including the Hahn stage V turbo conversion, Comp cams, diamond pistons, performance rod bearings, total seal rings, cometic hg, return style fuel system, meth injection, port/polished head, boost controller, 80lb siemen injectors, full 3" Hahn exhaust, Exedy hyper single clutch/flywheel and more. I am trying to learn how to correctly tune at this point with my hp tuners and I am having a very difficult time getting this car to idle correctly. I am in Canada so my tuners whom are located in the US are having a difficult time helping out. I am aiming to learn what I can from this forum and hope I can receive some assistance along the way! Anyhow, I look forward to meeting alot of you guys!