Page 29 of 115 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Potential Tuner
    Hey--my name is Tyler and I am finally getting into tuning. I have always been involved in the mechanical/installing/modding side of things and had a good friend as my tuner, but it has finally happened! I have been around HPT for a while and know the basics, but I will be spending a lot of time reading and using the Search button.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TXARKITEKT View Post
    Hey--my name is Tyler and I am finally getting into tuning. I have always been involved in the mechanical/installing/modding side of things and had a good friend as my tuner, but it has finally happened! I have been around HPT for a while and know the basics, but I will be spending a lot of time reading and using the Search button.

wynjammer coming...so is spring!

Maybe next week the big brown truck will bring my package to me.
    I have already changed out the plugs,motor&trans mount,new fuel pump,
    The pcm has come from PCM4Less.I read the oem pcm and saved it.
    It took some work ,but i got HPTuners to work in Win7HP64bit.Now it's time to turn some wrenches and pound the h* out of the forums some more.
    1999 GMC Sonoma 4X4 5 speed

Wynjammer Supercharger
    Wester's Garage Custom tune PCM,Black Mantis Injectors
    MSD6BTM
    MSD Coil/Wires
    Full Synthetics

I am new to this board.
    Just bought my Pro Kit a few days ago. I will tune my first car next week. I'm a begginer but I learn quick.

I'm 33, graduated from Electro-Mechanical Engineering 10 years ago, 'till now have worked with carbureted engines only, now learning EFI and computer controlled vehicles.

I work as an Automation Engineer at Ford Motor Co., cars and racing is my hobby.

Regards.

Potential Tuner

newbe

Name Ed Politza
    City Eaton Rapids, MI 48827

2002 Corvette coupe

Long tube headers, ported 243 heads, mild cam, 212 218, BBK CAI, Corsa x pipe, Modded TI cat back, 3.42 rear, A4. Trifecta Tune

Bought Hp tuners with hope of just etting a bit more out of the current tune, ran 348 RWHP 347 RWT, happy but always want more, no issues with itdle or driveablity and gets about 26 MPG.

Any ideas would be appreciated,
    Ed
    Last edited by ejpolitza; 02-27-2010 at 09:41 AM. Reason: didn't finish

Howdy folks! Been lurkin awhile now but Im delving into a new build thats going to be challenging to tune. 6.2L VVT eps custom grind cam with LS3 intake running a t56. Im going to be searching the boards like MAD once I get this thing started.

Tuner
    Hey Guys! My name here is sergio i bought hptuners like 6 months ago and im really satisfied with this program does amazing things im still getting the hang of it little by little i drive a Silverado 2008 4.8L

Name is Paul Ruschman and we are currently converting my '97 BMW M3 to LSx-T-56 power, collaborating with Jags That Run, prototyping the BMW E-36 LSx conversion kit that should be available late Summer. Current list of parts and conversion info here;
    http://www.jagsthatrun.com/BMW_Order.html

Hope to be able share and contribute as much info as I glean from this forum.

I was going to use my trusty WOLF V-500 aftermarket stand alone EMS that I am already familiar but decided to jump ship for the GM PCM, (prototyping a conversion kit, only makes sense to use the EMS that most swappers will be using as well right?) and will be using HP-Tuners VCM suite for tuning. We have another BMW E-36 that will roll into the shop as soon as this rolls out duplicating this project.

We are currently in the market for the PCM and harness, not sure if I should be concerned over specific years or vehicles form which to source a PCM and matching harness.

Engine is an ’01 LM7 5.3 long block out of my wifes ’01 burb that ate the cam at 150,000 mi. Attributed to the twisted lifter trays. Found an ’01 Vette cam, new lifter trays, LS6 springs, new LS6 lifters, heads were treated to mild port job, 3 angle seat work and surfacing performed in house. Intake is generic LS1 intake with truck cable actuated TB. Nothing special, should run good and be good power plant to work out the kinks of the conversion, then build the mild 6.0L over the following year.

More detail with pics can be found here;
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1259268

Potential Tuner
    hi my names Mike. I just bought an 07 Trailblazer SS and heard that a tune really helps performance and mpg's. I havent bought a tuner program yet but it looks like when i do it will be hptuner software.

Tuner in Training
    Hi, my name is Nick. I have a 2006 corvette z06 that I'll be trying to tune. My brother has a 2004 GTO. Both are modded. I currently have long tubes, cai, ported TB, 160 thermostat on the vette. I'm just waiting on the rear pipes to show up to start it up and start logging/tuning. My brothers car has basically the same mods.

I got HP pro with an AEM wideband I'll be using.

Potential Tuner
    hello my names Jared and i drive a 2010 cobalt SS turbo'd.....and im am tuning it asap

Potential Tuner
    Hi, name is Billy...getting into this mostly because I just purchased a TVS 1900 for my TBSS and this is the easiest way to dynamically tune. I won't be messing with the ins-and-outs too much...mostly data logging and sending to my tuner. Joe @ Left Coast 32 is amazing!
    2007 TBSS AWD 3SS, TVS 1900, LS7 TB, LS1 Efans, T-stat, Kooks 1 3/4 LT's w/ Catted-Y, Borla Duals, PCM4Less Trans Cooler, Circle-D 3200 Converter, Corvette Servos, more...

james here. and i plan on a few lsx builds all in due time. currently waiting on tax check to order hpt pro and a wideband. it will definitely be nice to hit all sides of the builds not just the mechanical portion. i'll have questions for sure but i plan on answering them with searching seeing as how the camaro will be a tried and true 408 build, with the left over ls1 going into a g body. i also have plenty of family with newer gm cars and trucks that look forward to me getting up to speed with tuning. also i would like to get better than 13mpg in my 03 ram 5.7 4x4 and my moms 05 durango 4.7 4x4 but all in due time.
    2000 z28 Arctic White
    bolt ons + tune. so much more to come

Tuner in Training
    Im new as well. My name is Nate. I just purched hp tuners. I own a 2001 z28 camaro. Mods are mac mids/ory. magnaflow catback, lid, ported throttle body, free mods, a/c and AIR removed, nitrous express wet kit with a nitrous outlet 78mm plate. this is running through a 4l60e and a 3.42 gear rear from a 6 speed car.

im wanting to try some new stuff on it this summer. im planning dual walbro 255s and some 42# injectors... im also wanting to tune it on e85(hence the dual pumps and injectors) and run a larger shot(im wanting to spray a 200 shot)

anyways if anyone has any input then that would be great. i could use some im sure

Hi, I'm Dave, and I'm 40 years old. I manage a power plant in Connecticut. I've been building hot rods and sleepers for over 20 years, but mainly just carberated HEI distributer types. I did have a 2006 Trans Am that I used LT1 edit on a few years back, but the HP Tuners is a hell of a lot more advanced than the old LT1 edit.

I have a 2006 Trailblazer SS I just bought a week and a half ago. I love the little truck, but it's performance is at the point where it's driving me nuts. If it were a little slower, I'd leave it alone. Having just sold my Corvette in favor of a SUV (new baby and mom wants more than 2 seats), I wanted the SS to maintain the "feeling" of driving a powerful car. But, it's just a tad slower than I want- if it's fast, it needs to be really fast- so I'm putting a supercharger on it. The supercharger will be on the truck by the end of the week, so hopefully I'll eventually get a good tune in it and wont' blow it up.

Potential Tuner
    Hi I'm Foti (It's Greek) I have an 07 TBSS Red Jewel.

Quote Originally Posted by c131frdave View Post
    .... I did have a 2006 Trans Am

Welcome to the board Dave.

That sounds like a rare car!
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Tuner in Training
    My name is Don. I purchased HP Tuners back in Dec to learn how to do a Speed Density tune. I have a 2002 Camaro with a 415 stroker, AFR Heads, Super Victor, and 4150 Throttle body. I am so green to tuning, I have no idea how to even change the injector sizes.

Tuner in Training
    HEY me too ha ha atleast im not alone!!!

Tuner in Training ledfootC6vette's Avatar
    Hi,
    My name is joe,I'm in Canada, I'm a licenced mechanic but I no longer work in the industry, now I work on cars for the fun of it, to stay current and to save money . I own a '06 C6 Corvette paddle shift that I'm currently modifying. I enjoy doing it myself, so tuning is the natural next step in the process. The HP system comes highly recommended by a fellow C6 owner/tuner friend, so I've decided to buy one, but I've never tuned electronic before so I hope to learn from those who know.