Page 3 of 115 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Potential Tuner

Re: Introduce yourselves here..

Hey... I'm just a college student trying to get more out of my tiny 2.2L 4cyl S-10 (and because I can't leave anything alone ;D ). I do a lot of electronics stuff, I use my iron almost daily, and I do a lot of programming and hacking of old video game systems.

I've been wanting to start modifying my ROM for a long time, but I've never been able to find any info about it... so it looks like I finally found the place! I'm mostly here to learn about how to do this stuff, but of course if there's any way that I'm able to help, I'm always willing to .

DogP

Tuner in Training

Hello!

My name is Chris, and am an avid GM J-body fan. I have recently put together a hybrid 60*V6 for my '85 S-15 Jimmy, and there seems to be some minor ECM issues, which is to expected, with the combination I have and the fact that I have turned the boost up a bit now, yeah it's also turbocharged. ;D

I have been considering using an aftermarket ECM for both my Jimmy and my Sunbird, once I build teh engine for it, and get it to the point of running, but I figured I would look at tuning my GM ECMs and seeing if I can't go a cheaper route.

This looks like it will be a greta site filled with lots of info.

Robogeek, are you the same that is/was on j-body.org?
    The Raven: Under Construction&&\"James\" 3.2L turbocharged intercooled hybrid, GM Performance cam, custom headers, MPFI, more to come.&&&&\"Speed costs, How fast do you want to go?\"

The one and the same ;D

You found my secret hideout!! :
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

Potential Tuner

Hi, My name is Chris. I am a Second year Bsc. Computing and Information Science student @ the University of Guelph. My aim for now is OBD I to tune a bunch of quick J-bodies that a few friends and I own. I read the three pages of intros, with EE and programmers and people who are too curioous for their own good, and I know I'm going to like it here
    1990 Z24 - stock&&1989 Z24- 3.1/3400 hybrid soon to be tuned by owner

*bump*

There are quite a few new names on the forum now. I'm a little curious about who you guys are. Introduce yourselves.

We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus
    *bump*

There are quite a few new names on the forum now. I'm a little curious about who you guys are. Introduce yourselves.

Im a newbie and am Misnblu.
    I'm an avid sport compact fan, do a lot of drag racing in my 1997 Cavalier Z24 and have a car club which is the MSCA.
    I'm 44 years old and love my z24's. I also have an '86 Cavalier z24 too and am in the process (slow) of restoring the car to new conditions with lots of mods to the engine, suspension and interior.
    Misnblu

Well, i thought i better type something in here :

My nick is gameover 'cos i drive one of these things http://server-au.imrworldwide.com/cg...Monaro_45.mpeg

or here: http://server-au.imrworldwide.com/cg...monaro_tvc.mpg

You will see these with a facelift and a few mods in the new GTO of course.

My car has ported heads and a nice lumpy cam making a nice 360rwhp.

I've done a few things with LS1 PCMs... ;D I hate soldering/desoldering/destroying chips I can write software in assembler and a few other languages...

I count sheep in hex...

Damn!!! I have an urge to change my nickname to ggaaammmmeeeeooo... noooooO!!!!!

Anyways...

My name is Christian de Saint Preux

I am a chemical student and I live in the beautiful Island of Puerto Rico... Here is hot, humid but a nice and very attractive island to spend your vacation and call names to people

I drive a 94 camaro b4c which I have modded virtually everything there is to be modded and I like beating all the 10s cars that think they are fast... Not being cocky, but its just that they ALWAYS ALWAYS ask me to race.. I never do... anyways... Its an old car, not a monaro as I would love to have or the GTO!!! but it has 612rwhp with 571rwtq.

I love dealing with PCMs, I was always waiting for TC for OBDII to get out in order to get into the business, but some moves here and the name is moving, so I was forced to buy ls1edit to get my name rolling (not the unlimited, not enough public YET for that.) and since the higher prices that I was unable to afford I have been dealing with some aspects of the GM ECM... I CANT PROGRAM, never studied it, but I can find stuff I am looking... I am working with the 99ls1 calibration as I am almost done with the 98s... And I think the best that I can provide will be the table identification and constants and a few other stuff people really need to get the program rolling

Thanks Magnus for this page.. and thanks All for reading my bunch of BS

Potential Tuner

For a couple years I've been playing with the PCM on my wife's 1996 Saturn SL-1. I do most of my code development and exploration work on a junkyard PCM from a 1999 Saturn SL-2 station wagen with an automatic transmission. I access the PCM through my PC's RS-232 using a Multiplex adapter. I've written all of my exploration software in the C programming language under DOS. My software also runs extremely slowly under Linux. DOS does not have much between it and the PC's hardware. For that reason, DOS is a better operating system for hacking PCMs (not much good for anything else). My home brew exploration software does almost all of the legislated OBD-II stuff. I've begun exploring the GM proprietary PIDs. For the past couple of weeks I've been lurking this site (which is EXCELLENT!!) and making use of its information. For the first time I've been able to get my PCM to produce a security seed and go through the various failure modes when I provide the incorrect keys. In my next post, I'll provide detailed information concerning where I am in terms of getting past PID 0x27 0x02. I am going to need some help from someone in terms of keys and seeds. I could probably brute-force a key but that process could take weeks.

I am an aeronautical engineer by profession. I enjoy working on old cars. My daily driver is a 1964 Ramble American, model 220 (no PCM in that car!) with a flat head engine and 3-on-the-tree transmission. For me, hacking PCMs is like doing cross word puzzles or chess problems (just a fun hobby thing). I actually have no paitence for cross word puzzles or games of that sort because they're a waste of time. However hacking a PCM makes me a better programmer and auto mechanic which are worthwhile.

Gary

Potential Tuner

Hello all, my name is Scott and I am an automotive technician. I own and operate and independent repair facility in Southern Ca. I am starting a new business mainly involving tuning and performance within the same facility.

I have been tweaking GM and Ford systems for approx 2.5 yrs now and love learning something new everyday. I have many tools for tuning including a 1,000hp Eddy current chassis dyno with all the goodies for data logging.

In my business I am seeing more old street rods and cruisers equipped with late model hardware. We recently purchased LS1-Edit.

Let me know if I can help in anyway but I suspect that I will be the one with all the questions

Best Regards,

Scott
    VanGordon & Brown Performance&&\"Tuning where the rubber meets the roller\"

My name's John, I just registered, but I've been a here a couple of times before, via a link from Magnus from cv6/fv6.

I don't do any programming, I know enough to get myself in trouble on a PC, I am familiar with Unix from the Air Force, and did general computer maintenance, mainly hardware, but some really basic software, there.

I work at Stanford Linear Accelerator Center now, so I work electronics regularly (stuff dating from 1962 to the present), and I'm also in the Air Guard.

Bascially, I'm interested and curious about stuff in general, and having a 99 V6 Camaro, that's one of my higher interests.

As I said, I don't do any programming, but I drive quite a bit (1000+ a week), so if somebody comes up with some programming software that they'd like to test, I'd be glad to check ride it.

Potential Tuner

Hi,

My name is, umm, Hymee

I am professional software engineer, and a car enthusiast.

I have a Bachelor of Information Technology (Software Engineering) with Distinction, from Queensland University of Technology.

I recognise a couple of "faces" here - namely LS1Tools (from "his vendors hat" software), and gameover from the Australian ls1 forums. Hi guys

I used to own a 5.7L LS1 powered "Aussie muscle car" - a Holden SS Commodore, which is the base for the Holden Monaro, which is subsequently the base for the new Pontiac GTO. So I have some familiarity with the LS1 tuning tools such as LS1Edit and EFILive.

I now own a Mazda RX-8, and am really keen in developing my own software to communicate with it's ODBII interface, and beyond. So I would like to exchange info with anyone else here who is like minded.

I have purchased a CAN ISO 15765 compatible OBDII / RS232 interface device, and am awaiting it's arrival so I can take my learning to the next stage. The interface does not have a J2534 driver/API, so I might have to provide my own. Such are the things I encounter on my learning curve.

I also have a good contact with his own tuning shop, fully equipped with a DynoLog engine dyno and chassis dyno.

We are starting to learn small bits and pieces about the RX-8, and wierd stuff like they don't like being dynoed. :huh2:
    But we are making progress

Anyways, greetings once more from DownUnder.

Cheers,
    Hymee.
    \"If it aint powered by fuel then it aint sport!\"

hi, im new here, just joined up at the wee hours of the morning. Im one of the L36 V6 crowd. i own a 97 V6 camaro for which there is absoulutly nothing for, tuning wise(not even a hypertech PP). ive got a turbocharger sitting in the shop thats goin on the car but u couldnt pay me to do it untill i can tune the car for the boost and bigger injectors. there has been sucess with turbo l36's but I dont want to risk damage to my engine. i dont wanna go blowing stuff up.

as far as what i bring to the table. i have in the past worked with a NASCAR busch series team doing anything from fabrication to engine work and working in the pits on the weekend. im currently attending classes at UTI's NASCAR Technical Institute in Mooresville, NC. I have been doing performance work on V6 and V8 3rd and 4th generation F bodys and some work on 1st gen's. im looking to get into tuning so i can get this turbo'd L36 rolling hard and fast. i also hope to do computer tuning of LT1 and LS1 cars later on and possibly open a performance shop insted of just doing it on the side... hope to learn a lot around here!

Matt

Hello, my name is Alex.
    I started as an Auto Mechanic, then went to NCSU for Mechanical Engineering, but never finished. I have been working on cars since I was a teenager. I started out with a 66 Impala starting with modifying many small blocks then moving to big blocks. I have done some modifications to my old 95 Trams Am and experimented with many different tuning configurations using Turnercat. I now have an ‘01’ WS-6 with minor modifications and am holding off on anything major until I can tune the LS1 PCM.
    I now work as an Oracle DBA and have for the past 7 years. I have much experience in web programming that interacts with the database using C and Perl. Most of my experience is on UNIX platforms. I also tinker with electronics like my semi automated beer home-brewing system using a micro-controller.
    I do not know how much of my experience will benefit this group, but I will offer what I can.

brew us some beer - that will help alot!! ;D
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

hi guys
    i just found this site and ahve a few questions...
    i have to ideas 1 is a project truck 64-66 style that will get a 2000 5.3 lt engine the other is my 96 z71 with 383 stroker motor i used hypertech on the 1996 but it really dont get the job done i need to be able to edit he code my self i have all the programmers to reprogram the intel flash chips and a tech2

has anyone had any success programming the chips with edited code or what is the status of the project

i will be getting a few pcms over the next month or 2 to test on

Tuner in Training

Hey there! I'm Travis, known as Skinny on about every other forum I post on. I've known Keith through the Firebirdv6.com site for quite a while. Currently driving a cammed 99 Trans Am with tuning done by Norris Motorsports in Orlando. I've been putting off buying my own tuning program for a while and boy I'm glad I did. Where's the waiting list to get my order in ?!

-Travis&&99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4- 11.888 @ 113.57&&

Tuner in Training

i'm matt, aka awesomeame. i have a cammed 2002 L36 m5 camaro, was going to buy the maft+, but hopfully now i can get this instead

--matt

Potential Tuner

Hi E here!

I'm a site administrator on www.ls1.com and I'm here to read up on your LS1Edit competition. I have LS1Edit and A-Tap to work on my Twin Turboed 98 Camaro Z28. If url code works in my SIG, my complete list of mods will show. If not I'll need to tweak my SIG.

I have a never ending thirst for new products to use on the OBDII cars.

Jacksonville Florida is my home and I'm a retired geezer that likes fast cars.

E

welcome to everyone!

The new software seems to have generated a renewed interest here.. so for all the new people.. feel free to ask questions about anything.. related to the software or not. We still will answer any questions we can.
    Enjoy the new forums!!