Page 30 of 115 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Potential Tuner
    hey everyone!
    my name is dan and im located near albany NY
    i drive an 03 cavalier and ill be getting HP tuners in the very soon future so im here just to get studying so i can tune for my cams!

Tuner in Training
    Hi everyone i am totally new here and new to hp tuners. I have done a little sct tuning on fords but am totally lost on the gm hp tuner stuff!

Hi, name is Joe and I am from your guessed it <<<<<<Detroit. I have been playing with the LSx stuff since 2003 and just got tuners. My most expensive mod to date.

Currently I will be tuning my personal truck a silverado SS with a LQ9 that has been upgraded to GEn IV heads/intake. It also has a stg I Livernois cam 224/230 .581 .591 114LSA. I also have a 3400 stall converter.

I hope to dial this set-up into a 12sec pass.
    looking forward to learning a lot!

Potential Tuner
    Hey guys, my names Rob, most people call me frew. I have a 2006 cobalt ss/sc, I have full bolt ons, a 2.8 pulley, and 100% methanol. I eventually want to start tuning it myself, but I am a straight newb when it comes to how tuning works (map tuning, ve, closed loop) its all very foreign to me, but I am here to learn.

Newbie with an STS-V

Hello, I am new to this group but I just ordered my HP Tuner software and I hope to receive it this weekend. I am looking to play around with my 06 STS-V and fix some of the fuel maps. I am over spinning the super charger and triggering a P0171 and P0174 which is a lean bank 1 and 2 so I am hoping I can correct this by adjusting the A/F ratio's. I am a beginner but my intentions are good. I am sure I will have many questions to post on the thread. Thanks to all who take the time to respond to my posts!

Potential Tuner
    Nashville, TN. Cammed 2005 GTO M6 with 150hp wet through a throttle plate with a NANO setup.

Tuner in Training
    Hello, names Brandon i live in Palm Bay FL. just got hptuners so if theres anyone around me that has a ls1 let me know maybe can have a tuning night or something..

Potential Tuner
    hey all, My name's Jason.
    Just ordered tuners and hopefully it'll be here this week. Currently I'm at the University of Idaho workin on my Masters in Mechanical Engineering with an emphasis in fuel/combustion research. I got familiar with tuners from my buddy frank@rrw when we tuned my 03 silverado and swapped out the 5.3L to 6L , so I decided to get my own copy for personal use and maybe some research. Looking forward to using this program and bein on this forum.

Shoulda introduced myself long ago... But haven't been very active till just recently.

I'm on the westside of Atlanta (waaay west... Carrollton, to be exact.)

I'm a programmer & all around IT guy by trade. Never had exposure under the hood of a car growing up, beyond changing some oil. Bought my GTO in 2004, and all that changed.

2004 M6 GTO... Details in signature. Not much done under the hood so far, but working on a ram-air, dual intake setup, just for S&G's.

Not a racer. Not overly competitive. I like a nice mix of "turning heads" and "going fast", but not too much of either.
    Last edited by 04goat; 04-06-2010 at 04:26 PM.

"The Executioner"

(More pics here)
    Track The Executioner on Facebook
    2004 GTO (LS1)
    K&N FIPK (dual ram-air "under construction")
    2.75" exhaust, high flow cats, x-pipe, & Spintech "mufflers"
    Wilwood brakes, 14" rotors w/ 6 pistons in front, 4 pistons rear
    Pedders drag springs
    245/35/19 & 275/30/19
    Banshee hood (carbon fiber), RK Sport front bumper, one-off rear bumper

Potential Tuner

Help with 3800 Fiero

Hey there Chris....I have been reading some of these posts and it seems like your the guy that knows more than us and can help us out with a problem we are having.

We are a race team racing in the 24 hours of Lemons and have a serious problem with our Fiero.

We have just installed a 2005 3800 non SC in our Fiero...the wiring has been checked and rechecked a dozen times and the problem we are having is that the engine will start and run for 3 seconds then shut off.
    We have a anti theft mod with a matching key and have even flashed the ECM and reset evething but it still will not continue to run and the ECM is killing power to the injectors.
    We have just recently gotten a instrument cluster as it seems that the data needs to be released by the cluster.
    WHAT DO WE NEED TO MAKE THIS WORK?????
    Can we bypass the anti theft somehow????
    Is a BCM a must to make this work????

Please help if you can as we have been working on this problem for over three weeks with no results and our race is in two weeks from today......please pease help...

Thanks in advance
    Randy

Advanced Tuner
    Randy , a friend of mine has a 3800sc in a rock crawler running it on a zzp sandrail modified pcm , zzp does fiero tunes also.

you can ask in the v6 tuning section if anyone here knows how to accomplish defeating security , but it may take access to tables unseen by hpt - not sure

a 3800 fiero is gonna kill it in lemons -state your racing in ?
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Potential Tuner
    Hi, Jerry here. Just bought an older Corvette with an LS1 and would like to learn how to keep it tuned as well as do a few mods. Currently looking for a touchscreen laptop to go with the HPTuners program in my future.

Potential Tuner
    Hey i'm Anthony i'm a heavy equipment mechanic in the navy i have a 06 slobalt ss/sc w/ a couple things here an there done an i wanna learn how to tune i figure its something to kill time while i'm currently deployed so any insight, help, or places that i can find info that ya'll know of would be awesome..
    Thanks

Potential Tuner
    Hey Guys, name is Mike and am in the Coast Guard. I'm an AET (aviation electical technician) and quite a newb when it comes to anything on tuning. I have a 99 Trans Am with just about everything swapped out in the car other than springs and shocks for now. I am stationed up in Kodiak Alaska of all places but with limited amounts of things to do will be good to get to learn HPt better than I do now.

Randy, ohm out your injectors. Chances are you have a bad injector.

Im Jared and an Aircraft Avionics and Mechanic Tech. I live in the Twin Cities of MN. Car and mods in my sig. Ive been studying tuning and hpt for the last month or so and tuning my car for the last couple weeks. Definately frustrating. I can get the VE LTFT's around -4% but with MAF back online Im around +10% in the lower rpms. Cant seem to get it much better. And Ive have idle problems but Im going to post those problems in a different thread.
    99 Hugger Camaro LS1 M6 TSP Torquer V2 cam, 100 dry-shot N2O, 42# "green tops", lid, p&p MAF/TB, LS6 Intake, Hooker LT's, Custom ORY with Flowmaster Merge, DMH cutout, Magnaflow CB, tuned with LC-1 and '02 OS.

Potential Tuner
    Hi all I wont tell you my real name.

I have been ported 2 engine's with wire wheels have had 1 disaster, my second one is still running, I used the wire wheels because I didn't have anything else to use at the time, I discovered some thing different.
    I ended up writing a program on a laptop to fire my engines.
    Its been 10 years since I started my mods now.
    My car runs on Microsoft!

Potential Tuner

Hello to all

Hello My name is Tim and I have a new 2009 Z06. My background is that Im a total gearhead. I love driving fast cars and motorcyles. I have tuned a couple of my own cars in the past using other types of tuning software (Mitsubishi EVO9 and Subaru WRX), so Im familiar with the concepts. Im new to HP tuners, as my last LS3 powered vette I hired professional tuners to tune. Im done paying for tuning. It is too fun and to easy for me to pay someone to do it. It's not the money, I just like the process as much as I like the results. Ive just ordered HP tuners pro, an LM-2 WB, and thetuningschool home course. Looking forward to the process. I will be doing before and after dyno results and posting them here, along with looking here for advice. Just doing a CAI and tune for now. Im a professional Helicopter Instructor Pilot by trade, and was a Maintenance Test Pilot in the US Army before I started on the civilian side. I live in West Palm Beach, Florida area if there is anyone here local to me who would like to share knowledge and maybe a beer.

Tim
    2009 Z06

Tuner in Training
    hello folks

i'm new into muscle cars!

i bought a vette 1981 in the USA and got it back in belgium
    if anyone wants to read the story it's here:
    http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...d.php?t=133243

Now I'll post my newbie question about LQ4 and hptuners in the other section

Potential Tuner

Talking Hi all

Hi all,
    My name is Dave and I'm completely new to this type of stuff. I'm and old school carb and igniton guy. I've got a '64 Mallibu SS w/ 506 hp runs 11.8 naturally asperated and streetable. But a friend talked me into a tuner for my 06 Silverado 1500. He wants to help me to do up a turbo set up for it later this year. I have done some programing classes in collage 8 years ago, but nothing like this. I would apreciate any help I could get.

Thanks all

Potential Tuner

(2ndTry) lol Hello

Hello Everyone,
    My name is Doug, My friends call me Dj..
    I own/Operate a retail store with computers so I'm very comfortable with use & learning puters/ Software
    I just bought the HP Tuner Pro and Love it, I've been reading the help and this site.. all VERY WELL Done!!! My Hat's off to the Designers/Writers.
    I own a 06 LaCross CXL
    & My Baby; 2 Door Dark Green 2000 Pontiac Grand AM SE2.
    Mod's i Done/Paid to have done are; In-Plant 3.5L V6 Polished/Ported Upper/Lower Intake & Heads, Powder Coated Gun Metal, Forged Rod's & Piston's, 36lb Injector's, Aggressive Cam. Stainless Valves & Chrome olly Push rods, 65mm Throttle body, Intercooled 65mm Turbo, In-plant 4T65e HD Transmission (which lays my problem) lol Racing clutches, shift kit 3.29 gears.
    This GA is why i bought HP Tuners Pro Software.
    Thank you in advance for any & all your help.

Sorry for my earlier GooF

Dj
    xXx