Page 31 of 115 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Tuner in Training

Mike from Ontario

Hey guy's just received my new HP Tuners VCM Pro. Manageing an 85 IROC converted to LS1 PCM using EFI Connections conversion. Have experience programming SY/TY ECM (previous ECM). The car is a 383 stroker, Vortech SQ, running a 3-Bar MAP. Just wondering who has experience with MAP & boost tuning? Looks like I need to get a custom 3-bar MAP OS & get started, any help is always appriciated. Can't wait to get started.

Cheers!

Potential Tuner

Hello all,

I am a tuning newbie and I am ordering HPT soon. I am a CJ major with a bachelors currently working in law enforcement. I am going to school for IT and computer systems security a bachelors and a masters. I own a Cobalt SS Turbo 2009. I will also be tuning my buddies Trailblazer.

Potential Tuner
    Hello everyone,

I'm an old school hot rodder. My comfort zone is carburetors and timing lights. This is all new to me so I have a huge learning curve to go through.

I have two gen III vehicles now so I figured it was time to start learning how they work and gain enough knowledge to change things in the computer as needed.

My HP Tuners package is not here yet, but it's very close and should be here Monday. In the meantime I've been doing a lot of reading and using the search feature to answer my questions. I'm glad to be here, but I'm a bit overwhelmed at the same time. There is a lot to learn for an old guy. Hopefully I'll get a better grasp of things soon.

Thanks!
    Chris
    Last edited by Donovan; 05-15-2010 at 09:01 AM.

New tuner

Hello everyone
    I'm new to tuning but not to tweaking vehicles for more power since I was 16. I live in tri-cities, Wa wich is 3hrs east of Seattle and make a living as a auto/truck technician, Anyways I am in the process of fine tuning my stock 2007 gmc Sierra vortex max with 6.0 L76 engine, and look forward to contibuting and receiving help on here.

Potential Tuner

Greg

My name is Greg. I am new to this web site. I have a 2008 Corvette Coup that I have had tuned through MTI. I know nothing about how to write code but have joined to learn as much as I can and hopefully learn to tweak what MTI has already done.

Potential Tuner
    Hello,
    My name is Rick, I'm new to the site and new to tuning but have been spinning wrenches on cars and bikes for about 25 years. I'm pretty techno savvy (Network/Telecom Engineer by trade) but tuning is a whole new animal to me. It was kind of a have to thing for me because I can't modify my Z06 Corvette without the knowledge. That being said, I'm eager to start gaining some knowledge from you all on here and hopefully contribute some too once I get rolling.
    2001 Z06 Corvette, LG Cam, LG Longtubes, Borla exhaust, NOS 125 shot, Centerforce DFX clutch, Fidanza aluminum flywheel, short throw gear wacker, Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's (Street trim).

1978 Chevy LUV truck - 450CI roller "Small Block", AFR Eliminator 225's, JE Pistons, Dart Intake, HP 1050CFM Dominator, TH350, 3.70 Ford 9", NOS 2 Stage Plate system 250/350 shot. Build currently in progress.

Hi, my name is Vinnie. I just ordered HPTuners this afternoon so I decided to join the forum! I own a 1998 Formula with LS6 heads and a 230/230 cam, and complete bolt-ons. I am currently having issues with vats so I haven't been able to drive my car for the last two weeks so I'm starting to go crazy.

Well, I will be posting a thread soon asking some questions about deleting vats from the pcm to make sure I do it right.

Potential Tuner

Smile

I've been lurking for years. Finally picked up HPTuners for the G8 GT.

Tuner in Training
    hello everyone, my name is James.
    I just recently bought HPT off a friend for $300 with $500 worth of his credits. I helped him build his turbo V6 camaro a while back and even helped him tune it. I also just recently purchased his turbo V6 camaro that's been sitting for a while, and plan on building it up with a LS2 and converting to a T56.

thanks for making this awesome tuning device......

Potential Tuner
    Hey everyone, names Art...I have been wanting to buy HPTuners for a while. I just haven't gotten around to it. I would like to buy a used one. Maybe one day.

Potential Tuner

Porsche Motronic Tunning Expert

Hi,

I'm a Electronic Engineer by education and a Software Engineer by trade. I have reversed engineered the Bosch Motronic EFI system for the 84-89 Porsche Carrera cars. This same system is also used in many 80's early 90's BMWs as well.

At this time I have found all chip maps (100 or so maps) so I not only know howto alter Idle, PT and WOT fuel/ignition maps but also have solid understanding of all Cold Start maps, IAT and HeadTemp compensation maps as well.

Next I wired a Ostrich2 Chip emulator to emulate the EPROM chip, this emulator not only emulates the chip but has hit-trace feature that lets me know what cell within a map is currently selected in real-time! This means I can now live tune these cars on a load dyno!

I also piggy-backed a full WBO2 setup with recording feature, I can record and view in real-time the following parms:
    - AFR
    - RPM
    - Intake Air Flow liters/second
    - Cyl Head Temps - these cars are air cooled
    - MPH vehicle speed

My interest in this board is to learn more tuning tips, particularly to tuning PT Ignition maps on load dynos.

Sal.

Potential Tuner
    Hi my name is Larry, I just bought HPT and am looking forward to driving everyone crazy with questions! Just kidding I've got a lot of searching to do.

Hello, I'm Scott. I just purchased hpt a couple of weeks ago. I plan of using it to tune my S/C 98 GMC 4.3L Jimmy and my Stock 2000 4.3L Chevy Blazer.

Tuner in Training
    Hi all. I'm going to be ardering HPT in the next few days or so, so I figured I'd come here and start some early reading. I currently have a WS6 with an MS3 cam, LS6 2.5 heads, long tubes, etc. I also have a 2011 Camaro 2LT on order. I'm hoping HP adds these shortly so I can mess around with that tune as well.

Ryan

Tuner in Training
    hey all . names scott im a heavy equipment/forklift tech new to the whole tuning part of building a car i have a 99 trans am that i had wrecked and rebuilt now trying to make it quick just hangin around hoping to learn

Tuner in Training johnnystunner's Avatar

Thumbs up t from d

hi im tavo c from dallas tx, i want to say that after tunning my heavily moded v6 3.8 ss with hp vcm, theres been an excalating number of v8 owners with dislocated jaw syndrome.

Potential Tuner
    Just joined the site as I was clicking the confirm order for HPtuners GM standard kit. Will be here reading a lot, and hopefully not bugging with too many stupid questions.
    66 Chevy II, LS1/4L60e, Comp XR281HR/918 springs, LS6 intake, Long tube headers X-ovr, Fuddle 3200 stall, 9" Currie built, detroit trutrac loacker, Caltracs, 4wheel disc, Vintage Air Gen IV A/C setup, Dakota Digital dash.

Hi my name is Mahdi from Saudi Arabia,

I'm new to LS world ( 3 years only ) and new for tuning world as well ( 2 weeks )
    I have 2001 Camaro SS that is currently building for serious Nitrous Setup

Tuner in Training

Would like to introduce myself

I've been on this forum for years now but didn't have time to do any seriouse tuning or any posting of course once I started tuning I realized I wouldn't be posting anything helpful because I had no idea what I was doing
    Whit that being said I would like to officially say Hi to everyone and as I get into tuning a little more here I will probably have some questions so I hop some of you could help me out. Also I would like to offer my help I live in North Central PA so if there's anyone around me who needs help with anything just ask I do have a MAC Mentor scanner and have access to a Tech 2 if needed have built many of GM auto tranny's and going to be installing shift kit into my allison here in the next few days. I am also an Amsoil dealer (only for my own discount) but if you need anything I can get it for you cheap . So again anything I can do don't hesitate.

Thanks Everyone
    Mike
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD CCSB 6.6L Duramax LBZ
    HPTuners, Transgo Jr., RDS EGR Delete Tube EGR and cooler removed with blocker plate at up pipe, PCV Reroute Kit
    Isspro A-pillar Boost and Pyro Gauges

2001 Chevy Tahoe 5.3L
    HPTuners, Transgo Shift Kit, Innovate Motorsports LC-1 Wideband

2001 Oldsmobile Alero 3.4L
    HPTuners

Potential Tuner
    Hello,

My name is Tarso, I´m from Brazil.

I am a race driver and my car is a VW Gol (small hatch fwd 4 cilinder 1.6L normally aspirated) with Fuel Tech electronic fuel injection.

I also work at Hot Chilli Speed Shop (www.hotchilli.com.br), a auto parts store specialized ins american (V8) motors.

Almost every hot rods and muscle cars here use carburators, but there´s a lot of people migrating to EFI systems and I´m learning with books and texts from internet.

I hope that I could learn here with you and contribute to.
    -----------------------
    Tarso Marques Lima
    www.greenflag.esp.br
    @tarso_greenflag