Page 32 of 115 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Hi, my name is Terry and I live in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. I have a 2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP and I already have the GM upgrade with the 3 bar sensors and the installed computer that has been flashed by a GM dealer...still under warranty. I have been working as an A&P technician on Aircraft since 1970 and it has been a struggle to keep current with todays technology. I hoping that HPtuners website can educate me on this interesting way of adjusting your onboard computer for your car to your desired perfomance. I have already purchased Greg Banishs' Book "Engine Management:Advanced Tuning" and anxiously awaiting its' arrival.
    sssssssssssssssssnake

Potential Tuner

new guy

hello all,my name is rich from conn,i have a 01 g.prix gt coupe
    paxton s.charger with 10 psi of boost
    s-s headers with full cust exaust
    1.9 split ratio rockers
    stage one t body
    msd ignition
    104 plugs
    180 drilled stat
    intense shift kit with 329 gears
    msd ram air hood
    2 tone red and white leather interior
    intense racing pcm

Potential Tuner
    Hey all, My name is james from Clovis, NM. I have an 08 solstice GXP with Gm tune, Dejon intake, Solo-Performance Cat back Street Exhaust, and Werks intercooler. Just bought the HP tuners VCM. And I'm looking for a tuner close to clovis, NM area. I love working on cars just dont like tunning and electrical part.

Advanced Tuner
    My name is Jake, currently in Tucson, AZ. Up until last year I wasn't real heavy into modifying vehicles, but I picked it up and found it addicting. Started with a stock NNBS Silverado, and it's now the subject of a roots blower and turbo sequential boost system. I just picked up HP Tuners to learn how to tune myself because I'm constantly changing things on my truck. Look forward to learning from you guys.

Potential Tuner

Question progamming i5 to v8

I'm looking at replacing inline 5 cylinder hummer engine with a v8 6.0l, Have been told by local dealer that both computers are the same just need to reflash to run the V8 and fit the correct loom. Would like to know if this is correct and can I program it with VCM suite??

Hello from the 355nation.com

Hi, my name is James (Supermodulation). I own and operate the 355nation.com, a truck forum dedicated to the Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon mid size trucks also known as the GMT355 platform. Please feel free to stop on by and say hello.

Thanks HPtuners for a great tool!

Potential Tuner

Howdy

Hello all my name is Justin Hagerty. I built my first computer at 10, my first
    engine at 17, my first tune at 25. I've done hot rods, I've done road racing,
    and lots and lots of tires. I'm here because I'm working on starting my own
    company EFI Muscle (it's off to a slow start)
    I currently have EFI Live and really like it (I hope I don't get kicked out
    for saying that) but I noticed some gaps in coverage that HP Tuner has covered.

P sout
    -Justin

Potential Tuner
    hi i'm Shelby,
    i've got and 01 chevy hd with a 6.0 liter that is completely stock. I put some bigger tires on it and needed to adjust my speedometer and i shut off the top speed limiter so i thought i would do that with hp. OH i figured i would hot rod it while i was at it, maybe some corvette heads and cam or some sort of cam...just for fun.

Tuner in Training
    Hi,

Max, from France.

I import US car in France since 2 years, do mechanical upgrades (Corvette, Viper, Mustang most of the time) and now I am very interrested about tune the car by myself.

Still a newbie

Hi guy’s. Name’s Darin Morgan

My brother “Brad Morgan of Reher Morrison Racing Engines” and I have built every conceivable type and class of racing engine you can think of. I have been a professional head porter and cylinder head designer for over 27 years. I design heads, intakes and over all induction systems for professional race teams and for my employer, Profiler Performance Products. I have way over 10000 hours of flow bench time and about half that amount more on the dyno. I have tuned wide-open throttle EFI systems on the dyno but never tuned a car. I have never considered my self an EFI tuner but always wanted to learn. I ordered a 2010 Camaro and even before It was delivered I had ordered over 7k in parts. I found an individual to take me under his wing and lead me through the learning processes, which is never fast, easy or linear. Mike Furmusa at New Era Performance was one of very few individuals who had a handle on the VVT L99 automatic 2010 Camaro’s. He was running 11:65et with stock parts, non ported heads with only an after market camshaft. I have a rule, when in doubt ask the guy who has already done it! I asked him what to do and he started me on the right track. I already had HPTuner software. I spent many sleepless nights researching it and familiarizing myself with the software. I have always built my own computers and am a full fledged computer geek so I have absolutely no problem with any kind of software or OPSYS. That was the easy part. Long story short, its been six months of looonnngg hard nights of research and educating myself along with hundreds of hours sitting in my car tuning and learning. Mike has been invaluable to me. If anyone wants to learn how to tune, educate your self and get a mentor. After six months I am about 70% the way there. I still have a lot of learning ahead of me and spend at least ten hours a week researching on the net and other sources. I never leave the house without a wide band in my lap and my computer scanner. I love every single second!

That’s my story. That’s the short version any way.

Tuner in Training
    Hello all! Name is Kevin MacDonald and I work at JPC Racing in Millersville MD. I'm sure some of you have seen our work in the S197 Mustang market. I have a lot of Ford tuning experience and am somewhat new to the GM game. Some of you may recognize me as I worked for Diablosport for the last 5 years. I have played with the GM's from time to time but I plan to get serious with them now. Anyhow, you guys have a nice site, some great products and I look forward to adventuring deep into GM tuning land!

Kev

Potential Tuner
    Hello everybody. After much reading and research, I decided to take the plunge a couple of weeks back. I own a 2000 Z28 and a 2008 Sierra Denali. I'm a big proponent of DIY, so I can't wait to start tinkering with the tune.

Tuner in Training
    Hi all, James here I'm 40 yrs old and have been working on car, bikes, boats you name it since i could walk Around Dad's garage. Went to vocational school for auto mechanics 87-88 and worked professionally for 7 years. then went into construction. Never lost the passion or friends that needed me to work on their junk. My best ride was a 12 second street Malibu with a 355 ci sb man that was sweet ride!!!! I've recently moved to the U.A.E. and started a garage here and will be purchasing hp pro within the week. I've read many post here and have really enjoyed the info. and thank in advance for any advice you can give me in this new venture of computer tuning, hope it's not as difficult as it sounds.

Potential Tuner

new from oklahoma. ls1 guy

New to the forums, I've played around with hp tuners just enough to get dangerous with it. I know there's allot of good info on here. I have a 2007 trail blazer ss, borla exhaust lowered and allot of spray. I also have a 1984 buick regal that's in process of getting a ls1 and 6 speed..

Hello

I am Gary, a Marketing professional specializing in automobiles.I am the new member of this community.
    I hope I will have great time here.

Tuner in Training
    Hello, I'm Steve, I got HP so I could setup a 3.8 supercharged 6 in an S10, and to fix the speedo on my bro's yukon w' 4.56's. I work at a hotrod/muscle car shop in Calgary here called Deltech. I know carbs and dizzies in and out, but thought I'd try the new age stuff. I'm not to computer savy,(I actually hate them) but it's the way of the future right, and I apologize in advance for the dumb questions I am sure to ask.

Once my boss knew I could mess with fi cars he put me to work on some new stuff right away. I've had this program for 8 months or so and have been learning on his dollar.

So far HP has worked awesome, but my old xp laptop battery has never worked. I just got a windows 7 equipped laptop and now have many questions, so I'll introduce myself before I bug you guy's to death.

Thanks
    Steve M

hello, my name is Matt and i've been sober for 4 months now....

oh wait, wrong forum. haha!

i just bought HPT pro and i really look forward to learning. i have an 06 Cobalt SS supercharged with simple bolt ons and stage 2 setup (working on the retune now). i mainly plan to use my HPT for my personal car BUT if i can learn enough i'll gladly help out some locals with tuning their LSJ's. i apologize in advance for being a tuning sped.
    The Illustrious Captain Slow.

Tuner in Training

turboave

Hi my name is Eddie Ive work on GM cars at a dealership for 24 years ,Ive had lots of fast carb ,cars .Then I bought a 2004 chevy avalanche ,It needed a lot more power than the 5.3 had ,so I made a home made turbo system for it(t62 ball bearing turbonetic with .81 exhaust a/r) .I broke 4 pistons in the 5.3 .so I bought a 6.0 for $130.00. I put it in stock with a Z06 cam .I had it tuned at a shop in town .It made 515 lbs, & 480 hp at the rear wheels .So now I fixed the 5.3 & slammed it in my 66 nova with a t70 turbo .so here I am trying to tune on my own .Its been rough to get started ,but Im starting to get it .Ill have alot of questions.

Advanced Tuner
    Hey my name is Ben, i just recently purchased HPTuners and a LM-2 to tune my '01 SS Camaro. i'm new to the hole tuning thing, but am learning quickly....i think...

I'm a welder, love fishing, and working on cars/trucks...that's pretty much it. My car can be seen on LS1Tech in the appearance & detailing section in a thread entitled "It's gettin close".

The setup is a 454 LSX/T56....huge cam (hydraulic), TEA TFS 245cc heads, Tony Mamo-ported FAST LSX-R...tuning it in speed density....hell of a setup to learn on, oh well it's fun.

Potential Tuner
    Hello everybody, Mike from Georgia. I reside mostly on s10planet.com

Bought HPT a couple of days ago, I have a 01 S10 Xtreme 4.3L, in the process of installing a wynjammer.

Looking forward to learning dam near everything I can about tuning this and other vehicles.