Page 34 of 115 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Potential Tuner

Introduction

Hi, I am new to this board and new to tuning. I have been a licensed automotive tech now for 15+ years now. I currently own and operate a hot rod shop in southern Ontario. I own a 1966 Acadian that ran in the 9,s up until last summer when the 383 lost a lifter. I am currently installing an LS engine and look forward to the new found tuning abilities it brings.

Scott

Potential Tuner
    Hey, My name is Brian. I live in Omaha, Nebraska and I am new to tuning. I have a 2004 Grand Prix GT2 that I am in the process of top swapping, cam, headers, etc. Hopefully with the help of my HPT I will have a quick daily driven grocery getter.

Hi guys, Sams the name. I am an Aussie, been into tuning of older model commodore computers main ly in other cars for years and just recently purchased HPT gear to start having a fiddle with my Alloytec V6, mainly just want to leave it mostly standard and just get what i can from that.
    Last edited by Sam272; 01-13-2011 at 09:29 PM.
    No matter what the question is, the answer is always MORE HORSEPOWER!!

Potential Tuner

hello hpt

hi,

my name is tom heaney. my wife and i own a small local speed shop in arnold, mo. we provide high performance parts and service for our customers. we are a dealer for many products such as procharger, moser engineering, transmission specialties, bte, tpi converters, phenix, etc. we also perform chassis fabrication and upgrades. we do not work on foreign cars. we buy american whenever possible. this is very important to me.

25 years professional experience. 15 years with gm. my whole life i have worked on cars to improve their performance and make them more fun to drive. as well as compete at the track.

until now, we have sublet efi cars that needed a tune. so, now that we own the hp tuners we are ready to tune our own stuff. looking forward to learning some helpful tips.

thanks,
    tom heaney

Talking

I find myself overwhelmed with the capabilities this system (HPT Pro) provides... assuming you take the time to sort it out.

Unfortunately I am not a newb to EFI tuning as I have had a good deal of time using MAFT Pro and the Tuner Pro RT software in my Turbo Buick (running in Speed Density). The theory remains the same, it is the HPT programme that is going to offer the steep learning curve because of how powerful it is.

Natasha and I have two LSx cars in the fleet; her '02 B4C Camaro and our '07 TBSS. So I get the added pleasure of learning the nuances of both the GEN III & IV at the same time.

Goals?

For the TBSS: I've already added BBA's tune (wow) to the truck with some minor changes (mostly traction control for the Winter weather). I'll be looking to maximize the efficiency of the LS2 and squeeze the safest power out possible. So now I need to tune for the exhaust and intake mods. Other than that this beast stays stock (for now).

Natasha's Camaro: I am going with the same plan of maximizing the potential of the stock LS1. Previously we had a Diablosport tune in the car, and after scanning their stock BIN it is obvious why it wasn't much faster than stock (13.2 @ 105mph stock). This is our DD for much of the year so it needs to be well rounded; but, it also pulls double duty as Natasha's toy. The goal is to create an E85 Speed Density tune and maybe give her a small shot of nitrous (in case the mood suits her) for race days.

I do feel compelled to shove a LS-something into my Monte Carlo SS and a Series II V6 in the Buick... I still have 4 credits left after all.
    Last edited by motorheadmike; 01-28-2011 at 08:00 AM.
    '15 Colorado Z71 | '07 TrailBlazer SS | '87 Monte Carlo SS | '80 Lemans Wagon

Potential Tuner
    Hello, My name is Matt and I currently share the ownership of a 2000 Pontiac Bonneville with my wife. It is my toy and her DD.

So far I have the following mods FWI, 3.4 pulley, Pacesetter headers, Intense S1x cam and the SC and LIM have been P&P. Also running an Aeroforce Interceptor scangauge and an AEM Uego wideband sensor.

I have had some tuning by PDXGTP (a member here) and looking at purchasing my own software in the near future.

Looking forward to utilizing the knowledge and resources here to get my car tuned up and prepared for more mods.

Thanks.
    Last edited by 7daughters; 01-30-2011 at 09:24 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Hey all
    Scott in southern Ontario Canada. I drive an 07 dmax with 6 inch lift and no other mods so far. Also a 68 firebird with an ls1 and 6 speed. I'm hear to learn what i can .

the new guy on the block

Hi all,
    My name is Skip
    As a lot of you I am new to this site but have been reading a lot of the threads with great interest.
    Just a little about myself. I’m not as young as most of you and will say that I started racing at the strip before ET brackets were the norm. I got away from it for years. Still love my cars but only to show and drive. I have a 1977 corvette that I bought new and is still all original including the paint. No one has put a wrench on the car but me. I have done all the tuning. So I am use to timing lights, vacuum gauges and dwell meters. And turning in the 14 sec. in a quarter was respectful. In 2001 I bought my wife a 2001 LS1 convertible Vette as her second car. After the first two years it sat in the shop alongside my 77. Last summer I had a local tuner install a A&A supercharger; ARH long tube headers, FTI 2800 stall speed torque and had to install M/T street radials to hold the back end. Went to the track and ran a 10:63 @ 130 MPH. Needless to say I was hooked again. Have now installed small cam, studded the heads along with heaver springs and fulcrum points, Diamond Pistons and a few other mods. All this work was done by others. I was intimidated by the computer controls. I was really out of my knowledge.
    I am looking on purchasing an HP tuner so I can start to understand the computer side of things. I am completely ignorant about (to me) this new way of tuning. I am not computer illiterate, I create most of the Company’s spread sheets and work with Auto Cad somewhat. I would like to have the car running at its optimum and know why. So if by reading these threads I can get a feel for it I will be placing an ordering soon.
    Good day to all and hope to be shearing information in the future.

Tried to attach a picture but all on my PC are over the 100 allow. Will take new pictures and send.
    Last edited by Skip; 02-13-2011 at 04:15 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Hey everyone my name is Brian from St.Louis i own a 98 Grand Prix GTP which underwent a high lift cam build, which is when i decided to switch from DHP PowrTuner of to HP Tuners.

I look forward to learning all about tuning with HP Tuners and being apart of the Community

Tuner in Training
    Hello All,

Just bought a HP Tuners VCM Suite today - I have a 2006 STS-V and I am brand new to tuning. I am starting from scratch, so any helpful links or recommendations would be great. I decided to go with HP Tuners due to the support I see here on the forums and helpfulness of people that use HP Tuners. Looks like I have a lot of forum reading to do. Thanks guys!

Potential Tuner
    Hello All,
    I just got my software the other day and I'm looking forward to learning all I can from this site. I have a 1995 Chevy pickup with a swapped 2002 6.0 LQ4 and 80E trans. All stock for now...

Hi
    Just picked up my HP Tuner package and I'm excited to get started. There is soooo much to learn and my 72 chevy pickup is a good learning platform it has a 2008 LY6 6.0l and 6L90 trans with a PS1C procharger and a NP205 t-case..interesting combo with a whole lot of head scratching!!!
    53 Mercury pickup triton3v V10 supercharged 150 nos 535rwhp
    71 Roadrunner gen 4 viper
    53 Chevy pickup 4x4 5.3L twin turbo

Hey Everyone ,Stevie here, I live in Kiln,Ms ,yep you heard right!Kiln,unless your lost you will not frequent this part of the state,HAHA! I have recently participated in a tuning school class in Tampa ,Great class it was, but so much to take in. I hope to listen and learn alot here.Have read alot of great info here already, Thanks in advance for any help! I work at a Chevrolet dealership, and have been restoring Corvettes for the past 20 years. Now I am interested in the tuning aspect or it.
    SNAPY123
    junior tuner

Tuner in Training

Hey Guys

Hey
    Been lurking around here for a while, but I finally got rid of my Diablo tuner this past weekend and bought HP this evening.

I have a 2010 Silverado that needs a trans tune like no ones business.

I also have a 2011 Cruze with the 1.4T, which would be kind of fun to play with.

Tuner in Training
    Hey guys,

New to tuning. Definitely need some help. I'll post in another thread for that.

Here is what I'm tuning:

99 Camaro V6.
    Completely rebuilt motor.
    Custom Comp Cam 220/230 112LSA .576/.576
    1.8 Rockers
    Hydraulic lifters
    Titanium Pushrods
    130# ValveSprings.
    Double Roller Timing Chain.
    l67 Rods
    Custom Wiseco Forged 10.5:1 pistons.
    P/P heads and intakes.
    FFF Longtubes

Thumbs up New guy to the forum

Hi everyone!
    I'm Casey. I work in the aerospace repair & overhaul industry and formerly was an aerospace machinist until my job was outsourced to Mexico :-(
    I've been wrenching on cars and boats and sand toys since the early 90's. I got into tuning in the 2000's with TunerCat and LT1 b-bodies. Just recently got VCM Pro to tune on my Camaro and for my turbo engine swap into my wagon. I've been using a friends HPT to tune my car, but this is more convenient. I've lurked the forums for a long time. Hope to continue learning.

Tuner
    Hi, Mr. Myles 2008 SS Trailblazer LS2 AWD
    Current parts on 2008 SS
    K@N
    Flow Master Cat back w/duals

Goals
    L92 heads new springs 650 lift
    I will try to use E85 for fuel
    160 stat
    Dual fans
    Yank 3,600
    Trans Go shift kit
    Trans cooler I will tow my race car to the track..
    My trans guy will build my trans to handle the TQ
    38 or 42 pound injectors 550-600 Hp at crank so 475 at wheels
    thinking very hard about a "turbo" HP tuner software, bigger injectors stock fuel rail from what I have learned is good to about 1,000 Hp,

Any input on my build, logs from other user would be very cool
    I want to learn and willing to share,email etc. from user with build like mine

Thanks,
    Mr. 2008 SS
    Last edited by Mr. 2008 SS; 03-15-2011 at 09:42 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Hello my name is Buddy. I have a 2008 ZO6 that I just ported the intake manifold on and ported and polished the throttle body. Just bought HP Tuners Pro and don't know squat about tuning. Trying to learn. Any advise would be appreciated.
    2008 ZO6 and 2009 G8 GT

Hey everyone! I will be buying my interface here in the next couple days. Waiting to see if I order through my buddy if I can help him out. I have been around tuning for a while but never did the tuning myself. I moved recently and am too far from my tuner buddy that did my tuning. Hopefully through his help I will be able to get this down. He did the initial tuning on my car but it was never finished (got car running not long before I moved). I know that he frequents this forum for help and I hope that I will be as successful with getting help from here. I am pretty excited about learning how to tune on my own.
    '00 TA
    '05 Duramax

Potential Tuner
    hello all just bought hp tuners and still trying to figure it all out, learning slowly but surely. i have a 2006 gto with a tvs1900