Page 35 of 115 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Potential Tuner
    I'm Preston and plan on ordering the HP Tuner Suite in the next few days. I plan to learn to do some mild tuning to my daily driver which is listed in my sig below. I'm told when I install my Kooks headers it will create a lean condition and throw an error code. This is my daily driver, so I would like to correct the stock tune to start out. I'm hoping this board will help arrive at a safe tune so I have a solid baseline to begin building a better tune.
    Eradicator
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    AFR LSX Heads;XFI RPM Hi-Lift Cam
    SLP Dual Cat Back
    Kooks Long Tube 1 3/4 headers w/ Kooks cats
    HPT Pro
    PCM of NC 3 relay Dual Spal fans; 4" DYI intake; LS7 MAF

Tuner in Training

NEW here...... CAVEMAN!!!

Just bought hp tuners and will be plying with my new project we just got running ... 1980 cutlass wagon with a injected 8.1l out of a 2002 silverado. Will be doing a turbo mid season after i get the hang of this FI stuff =)

I also have some older big block cars and trucks with the good old holly dominators =)

-jesse

Tuner in Training
    Hi everyone , Im very intrested in learning about tuing, I have a 98 camaro z28 M6 , I do not live in the US so please excuse my english

Hey everyone, name's Alfred- I'm a newbie to HP Tuners, but I figure I need to get real familiar with this program before I blow my Solstice GXP apart!! :lol:

Tuner in Training

computer dummie (HPt)

hi im george! Iam an old school hot rodder -diesel mechanic full time.having hard time crossing carb jets with computer buttons please be patient with me

Potential Tuner
    hello everybody
    i have no idea what hp tuners is about.sounds interesting.
    im building an s10 at the moment..truck i have had for years,blew the engine..4 cylender.
    changed everything to a six....except stearing column...the security system,wont let it start...i called gm tech.no help..any ideas? i could use the help...

Hi from Texas!

HI everyone, my name is Darin Morgan,

I head up induction system R&D for Reher Morrison Racing Engines in Arlington Texas. My primary job is designing cylinder heads and over all induction systems for racing engines and I even teach a class on the topic four times a year. I started getting involved with tuning via HPtuners a year and half ago and have loved every minute of it. My background in Race engine building and tuning of course gave me a huge heads start but I will admit at first it still seems a tad over whelming because of the massive amount of variables, tables and modifiers to keep track of. Mike Furmusa at New Era Performance was instrumental at bringing me up to speed and now I am having a lot of fun tuning everything in sight. I actually love the complexity of this software and its ability to fine tune an engine combination so well.. Just got off the dyno last week where I tried two different CNC port programs I designed and five camshafts on a crate LS3 engine and next week I get to do the same thing to an LS7.

To anyone thinking this software is overwhelming at first my advice is to get on this forum and read Read, Read, Read, Read! I read every day on this subject and learn something new every single day. Even if it doesn’t make sense just keep reading. Learning is never linear. Its like learning one piece of the puzzle and having no where to put it! After a while all those pieces will start falling into place and the light bulb starts to come on. Its this way with anything new you learn. After you have learned all you can yourself find a mentor if possible.

Darin Morgan
    Induction Research and Development
    Reher Morrison Racing Engines
    Phone 817-467-7171
    Fax 817-468-3147
    cell 682-559-0321
    http://www.rehermorrison.com
    http://www.darinmorgan.com
    2010 Camaro SS/RS, I rebuilt 6l80, PATC clutches, ported the heads, Manifold, TB. Billet PATC 3500S 4disk lockup, New Era CAI. Ferrea HS, dual springs, Ti-ret. ARH long tubes-Xpipe, 3.91 gears. 235°/246° .625 .625 113 +4 LSA. VVT ACTIVE to 8 degrees retard. 485rwhp 446ft/lbs

Darin Morgan
    -Induction R&D-EFI calibration
    Reher-Morrison Racing Engines
    Arlington,Texas
    Phone 817-467-7171
    http://www.darinmorgan.com
    http://www.rehermorrison.com

Tuner in Training
    Hi everyone

Newbie to tuning and just purchased HP tuners to try and clean up the tune on my truck with recent modifications.
    I have two LS powered vehicles, and other GM OBDII based vehicles, so HP tuners hopefully will come in handy.
    Looking to learn as much as I can to get my truck back on the road safely.

My background is computer science and engineering. I help to design many of the steering systems on the road today.
    I'll post up my mods and my current tune so people can laugh at it, then direct me on what I need to do most.

Name is Corey.

Hi all.
    Been driving around with LT's and the stock airbox without a tune for a few years now. Since adding an OTRAI I thought it was time to buy HPTpro and tune it. Have an LM1 that I will be interfacing with.
    Great forum. Thank you for all the info that I need.

2006 GTO - QSM - M6 - VZ's - Kooks - Magnaflow - SS OTRAI - Hotchkis - Whiteline - Lovells - Pedders - Tick

Potential Tuner
    New guy from Maryland here. I am really considering buying HP Tuners and learning how to tune. I recently had my heads and cam ls1 dynoed and tuned and I thought the whole process was very interesting. Ever since the tune I have been looking into it and I think I am going to get into it. I am pretty tech savey (going to school for information systems) and I love cars (did all of the work myself) so I think I would be able to figure it out eventually.

Hello All,
    My name is Vidal. I am new to tuning and just received my HP Tuner because of a unique project I am working on.

My Background:
    I completed 10.5 years of Active Duty as a Marine Corps Officer and Naval Aviator last July. I left to take a position as an Engineer with the DON and transition to the Reserves. My BS is in EE and prior to going to Marine Corps Officer Candidates School (OCS) I was an MECP certified Install Tech for a high-end shop.

The project I am working on is a Factory Five Gen2 GTM. It is a unique build because I will be the first (possibly only one) to incorporate every usable system from the C5 Corvette (Donor Vehicle) into my build. The only two items that I have not added are power seats and Magnasteer. Every other usable system has been incorporated. You can see my progress here: http://smithgtm.weebly.com/ . Just this past Tuesday I completed the majority of the wiring and had a successful first engine start.

Potential Tuner
    Hi I'm new here (just like everyone else). Name is Brad, I am a college student currently studying physics and computer science at Rollins College. I'm RedVertTA on ls1tech.com and ls1.com as well. I drive a 2000 Trans Am Convertible. I'm just here to learn how to tune my hot rod.

Hi, I'm Jesse. From Houston, Texas. New to tuning and anxious to learn. I reading all I can before I purchase HPTuners. My attitude is why pay someone to do something I can learn to do myself.
    2008 G8 GT

Tuner in Training

just saying hi

I am mitch, kinda new here. Been tuning a GTP and a ls1 camaro for a wile. tomorrow i am picking up my SS2 L99 camaro. nice to meet you guys.

New guy here. Been lurking for about a year and learning a little. I read up on the new and introductory threads, read up and follow links for a couple hours, then get overwhelmed so I put it down for a week and start back where I was.

I really want to learn more about tuning, and I have a serious issue on my hands from a hack tuner who got ahold of my 2000 Camaro h/c/I LS1, so I'll be starting a thread shortly. I found a DVD and book on an introduction to tuning so I will DEFINITELY be picking that up! I'm a theory junkie, so I hope I will soak this stuff up easily.

I'm not expecting to "know what I'm talking about" overnight, but I would like to just get a couple data logs of my stock truck and just get familiar with this whole new universe. I'd like to eventually try to correct the VE tables on my stock 4cyl Chevy truck for starters. I'm not EVEN going to attempt to mess with my h/c/i/SD tune Camaro. NO WAY..
    Last edited by Bayer-Z28; 05-14-2011 at 10:37 PM.

Hey everyone! Happy Tuning!

Last edited by simplegreen; 05-16-2011 at 02:02 PM.
    05 Cobalt SS TVS 2.7-Engine Build in the works | 06 Silverado LT Quad Cab 5.3, Bolt-Ons, 4:10's, 6" Pro Comp | 11 Traverse LTZ-Stock
    If I can't tune it, I don't want it!

Potential Tuner
    Guess it's time to post up. Own a 2008 G8 with heads and cam package. Tuned by a corvette tuner. Having some issues with a Circle D torque converter. Car runs great part throttle. Will buck like crazy on WOT.

Potential Tuner
    My Name is Nahim from Mexico, I own a LE5 solstice and recently bought an autowerks stage 2 turbo kit

Hello my name is Jason

I work as a motorcycle mechanic/engine builder. I have good knowledge of the power sports tuning methods so far and use the dyno at the shop frequently to tune carburetor and EFI motorcycles. we typically work on dirt bikes and quads. The shop is equipped with a lathe, mill, flow bench, boring bar's, hone tank, DynoJet Dyno, Tubing bender, Mig and Tig welding machines, and some other major tools im forgetting to list. I build anything from stock motors, to custom stroker big bore motors and everything in between. I purchased HP Tuners to tune a LS1 powered PreRunner Chevy Silverado with Long Travel suspension(16" in the front and 23" in the rear). It only costs a bit more to buy the program and do it myself then it does to pay a professional shop. hoping to learn more about tuning and maybe do some side work around the Phoenix AZ area.

Hello
    I am Jim Parkison. I have a lot of experience with old school tuning mostly dealing with traditional small and big block chevrolets. Nitrous, carburetors, mechanical fuel injection, and roots style superchargers are all part of my tuning history. I just finished my first turbo/6.0 liter 2bar sd tune in a 98 camaro with the help of HPtuners and reading the posts on the forum here. I still have a lot more to learn about the efi and turbo stuff but I have very much enjoyed the learning and results from the 98 camaro project.