Page 36 of 115 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Tuner in Training
    hello everyone my name is chris, and im new to the lsx tuning scene. hopefully ill get the hang of the software in a few months. im sure my clsd tune on my ws6 with req some upkeep in the winter months.

Glad to see you make it chris, welcome!

Hello, my name is Eric and I have a '06 Silverado that I just did a head/cam upgrade on and now trying out my hand at custom tuning it. Been doing a lot of reading on how to use the HP Tuner software and looking forward to trying it out.

Thanks in advance for the time. I'm Tony, originally from Brooklyn, now on the West Coast. I'm a new HPT owner with an 01 WS6, 05 C6 and a bunch of old fashioned carbureted GM muscle (66 GTO, 69 Firebird 400, 72 C6). I'm used to twisting distributors and changing jets so this will be a new experience. I've been a lurker here for a while, and plan on messing with fan settings only since I've done no major mods on either LS car yet. CAIs, 160 thermostats, port and polish on MAF housing and TB, SFCs, relocators with new rear control arms and that's about it for a while.
    Just soaking it all up. Bunch of painfully smart guys on here, I can only hang out and hope to pick up the easy stuff!

Potential Tuner
    I'm Paul and I'm from Tyler, Tx. I'm new to tuning fuel injection. I have helped tune on a motor running the XFI software and thought I'd try my hand with this on my '05 GMC Sierra. I plan on converting my 81 Chevy stepside to an LS motor and plan to use the HPT software to help me tune it. I've been reading some of the info on here and I'll say that there is alot here. I still have much EFI tuning to learn, but being that I work on computers for a living I don't see learning it to be much problem.

Potential Tuner
    Hi everyone, my name is Nick(yucki), and I seem to have a very different vehicle than most I have seen on here so far. I have a 2000 C3500 with the 7.4. It only has a drop in filter, a fresh tune up, deleted cats, and turndowns before the axle. I have been tuning a very different type of software on my Mitsubishi Eclipse and many other cars like mine for about 3 years now. I have made over 500 awhp and 470 ft/lbs of torque using my other tuning software and required goodies. HP Tuners is looking like greek to me though, so bear with me. I have made some very minimal changes to my Dually so far but I will be looking to get the hang of the tuning of this software to expand my horizons into some Domestic tuning. Thanks in advance for putting up with an Import owner. I hope to become a part of this forum like I am a part of my Import community.

Tuner in Training
    Whats up team. My name is Chase. I just bought hptuners about a week ago. I currently don't have a vehicle of my own, but drive and will be tuning my girlfriends stock 2000 ECSB GMC Sierra. I want to learn how to tune really well and do live tunes due to the lack of tuners in this area. I am from Arizona, but I am attending School in Utah. I am a Mechanical Engineering major. Long time Car guy with a love for going fast and action sports. I have been reading up a ton and plan on taking my time here from the wealth of knowledge availible.

Potential Tuner
    Hello World, my name is Hamad, a bachelor in CS also had a 6 months course @Hennessey Tuning School in Texas, Houston.. I love tuning would love to master it.
    Good taste is the worst vice ever invented.

Potential Tuner
    hey, my name is Zach, I have a 00' camaro with a built 408

Tuner
    seems someone is going to learn how to tune for themselves. welcome zach.
    2010 Camaro SS LS3 - Heads, Cam, Whipple 11psi 756whp 663wtq 93 and meth

Tuner in Training
    Hi, I have just invested in VCM Suite package to fine tune my VXR8 (Known in the US as The Pontiac G8 GT and Australia as an HSV CLubsport R8)

Spec (So Far)
    Maggie TVS2300 Blower
    X-Force 1 3/4 4 into 1Long headers.
    3 inch 200 cell Hi-Flow Racing Cats
    X-Force Varex 3in Cat Back Exhaust system.
    Power 500 RwHP 490 Ftlbs Torque.
    Stock cams and internals

Hello My name is Ricardo.
    I like drag racing engine swaps and mechanics in general.
    Trying to tune a camed LS7 in a 1996 F Body.

going for it

got a new kit,
    unlimited v6 ,gen3&trucks. also havecmr's for diablosport. picked up afew dyno's too.
    mike

ps;vett is at 16 lbs on a forged motor and just got the f150 ecoboost,cant wait!!
    Last edited by z06 vett; 07-22-2011 at 09:14 PM. Reason: more

Potential Tuner

Just Got in!!!

HOwdy everyone, name is Mark.. Hope to know lot of expert guys out here.. Looking forward for conversations.. Cheers..

Tuner in Training
    Hello all!

I'm Sean, and I recently purchased HPTuners for tuning my 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS.

Muh name's Andrew, I've had my hpt pro since 4/09 but haven't ever really learned how to use it...the most use it has seen is other me helping friends getting email tuned lol. now its my cars turn so im here to learn
    Caution:Slow Learner

Tuner in Training
    Hello all. My name is Quincy and I'm a engineer currently doing design and R&D work for a small company in KC. I picked the HPT Pro software for my 350z ls2 swap. I've done some piggyback tuning in the past for myself and friends cars with good success but I'm really looking forward to learning the power of the HPT software.
    Nissan 350Z ls2 swap
    Mods:6.0L, L92 heads (light porting), FTI solid roller cam: 236/247*, .636/.646, lsa115, 1-7/8 long tube headers, ls3 intake manifold, T56 magnum manual transmission.
    600Z build pics: http://s483.photobucket.com/albums/rr191/QTB33/Z33/

Potential Tuner

Post 2007 Cobalt SS/SC

I am haveing real trouble tuneing this car with hp tuners. i dont know wht the air,fule,spark,or even how i can up the boost if someone could please help it is stage 2.

Quote Originally Posted by sscobalt07 View Post
    I am haveing real trouble tuneing this car with hp tuners. i dont know wht the air,fule,spark,or even how i can up the boost if someone could please help it is stage 2.
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058
    Caution:Slow Learner

Potential Tuner
    Hi everyone,

I bought a 2007 C6 Corvette Coupe which was amazing anyway, but now I'm swapping the LS2 engine with a heavily built 427 CI LS7 turbocharged. Of course, everything else available to help lay down the hp's and keep the car together is already in place.
    The theoretical max power / torque of my engine should be 1,300 / 1,300 approx.
    And I have NO IDEA WHATSOEVER where I can get a tune for my new engine. Hope I came in the right place … I learned a few things from your posts already .
    LS7 427 c.i. twin turbo 24 psi Corvette