Page 37 of 115 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Potential Tuner
    Hello. The name's Jason, my friends all call me "Big J", and on the internet I'm normally known simply as "RC." I work in a plastic injection shop making all kinds of plastic things. I'm a Diesel guy, always have been. I was Diesel when Diesel wasn't cool. I'm looking at getting HP Tuners and doing some tuning on my Duramax. I'm also looking at the option of opening a Diesel performance shop and doing Diesel performance part time on the side.
    1994 K1500 6.5/4L80E
    1987 V20 Suburban DRW Banks turbo 6.2/THM400
    2001 Silverado 2500HD LB7/Allison

Potential Tuner
    Hey. First post here. I have a 2007 chevy cobalt ls. I have the zzp stage 2 turbo kit and I built the block up to handle more boost. I am currently trifecta tuned and I want to get hp tuned. Is there anyone in the grand forks, nd area that would want to help me out?

shop opened

"Acu Dyne Auto Tune llc"

accurate dynamomiter automated tuning

5675-A
    Hwy 90 W
    Theodore Alabama.

not ready for retail business as yet,SOON
    dyno is in.

Potential Tuner
    My name is Michael. New to HP Tuners. Installing a 2006 gto ls2 in a 69 camaro. I purchased HP Tuners to get the conversion running and then make engine mods later. I will take all the help I can get.

Tuner in Training

Computer challenged but learning

Hello all, My name is cody, been building go fast cars as long as I can remember. I am new to the fuel injection world and computers. I started with a 90' model formula to learn the basics of fuel injection ( what an adventure ). Now I have 2blinkers 2000' z-28's and a HP tuner pro, lol. LS1 tech has been a great help getting started (o2 delete and such). Now iteis is time to start nodding one of your the cars just a little. Hope it ends up a great adventure.

Tuner in Training
    Hello My Name is Jeff. Just got my HP Tuners Suite Last week. My friends call me Mongo or J.R. Im playing around with a Fully bolted 2009 Cobalt SS TC on Nicks (BYT) Full E85 Tune. Ill need all the help I can get at first. Thanks Everyone

im steve and im very confused right now lol. im completely new to tuning oem computers. i grew up around top alcohol dragsters and funny cars, i know a blown alcohol car in and out and was the clutch guy when i was 13. ive played around with the megasquirt ecu, i had my old 2.8l 86 z24 cavalier running one, and also have a friends l61 ecotec swapped 90 sunbird convertable running a megasquirt as well. i spent a winter building that motor, i estimate its around 300hp right now, all i need is bigger injectors and a car that will take it and im sure 450hp isnt out of the question.

i just picked up hp tuners to start playing around with my 2005 cobalt ss/sc. car currently has a slightly tweaked gm stage 2 tune running 42lb injectors, a 2.85" pulley, long tube header, 2.5" exhaust, dual pass intercooler upgrade, cobra heat exchanger and a bunch of other goodies. the plan is to get a set of 60lb injectors and drop to a 2.8 or 2.7" pulley, and maybe in the future go with a tvs.

im rather confused right now with hp tuners. im used to the megasquirt where you set the injector constants and set a ve table and spark table. no power enrichment multipliers, air flow tables, etc. i was thinking when i bought hpt i was going to get a canned tune and tweak it from there, but at this point i have no clue as to the proper way to adjust anything. i guess i need to do a lot of reading, i just havent found anything yet that explains exactly what to adjust and why to adjust it.
    Last edited by Sharkey; 09-17-2011 at 06:47 PM.

Potential Tuner
    What's up! Ordered my HP Tuners yesterday. I've been doing a little tuning to my truck with my buddies laptop and thought it was time to get my own. Still can't figure all this out but I am working on it.
    Steve
    05 Silverado ECSB, L33 5.3, Procharged 11#, Custom Cam 214/224, LT, 2600 stall & Meth

Potential Tuner
    This thread sounds like an AA meeting...

I'm Eddie, and new to HP Tuners. Gonna be playing with my 2002 Camaro SS and my wife's 2009 G8 GT. Should be fun!

Tuner in Training
    Hi all

My name is Jeff. New to tuning and hp tuners. Play mostly in the Jeep and off road truck stuff. Been looking, reading and serching around here for the last few months trying to learn. Thanks for all the help I've already found and I'm sure I'll be asking for more

Hello HP Tuner Land

My software is showing up today via UPS. I'm excited so that I can get this S10 of mine to run like the champ it is...
    I look forward to learning all about EFI and VCM's.
    I'm a computer tech for law enforcement. I have development, hardware, and networking experience from last 15 years.
    I have built a few race motors and enjoy being a weekend warrior mechanic.
    Hopefully I will join the ranks of the Hackers in this forum. Thanks.

Potential Tuner

Howdy

Howdy--I picked up the HPtuners MPVI Pro package to help trouble shoot a couple of codes P2138 and P0601 on my Torrid Red GTO... Great product --I really like the stand alone data log and the first log gave me tons useful info. So, I am new to software tuning and have been reading as much as I can find.. Right now I am going through Greg Banish's "Engine Mangement--Advanced Tuning" book--my head hurts--This is definitely information overload for me...
    Last edited by RJtuner; 10-24-2011 at 08:46 PM.

Hey Guys...I'm Jon. I'm a newb to the programming thing. I kinda got thrown into this because when my Escalade modded, the shop I used(Horsepower Sales) re-programed it with HPTunes. They are 7hrs away from where I live but they're the only ones I trust to do LS1 work! But since then, I've made some more mods and I can't find anyone who lives close by with HPTunes that's willing to update the files for me even though 2 of the guys live here locally...something about taking a risk. So, I just bought the Pro Suite and decided to give it a try for myself. Any advice will be appreciated greatly!
    Only obstacle I'm running into right now is trying to get the MPVI box to record on it's own without the laptop. I'm running 2.23beta version and installed from the CD. But when I hit the record button the yellow busy comes on and the red err shortly there after. When I hit stop, the yellow busy comes on but the red err still stays lit. I have to just unplug it. when I hook it to the laaptop there's nothing logged. What am I doing wrong? I've got a thread posted under VCM Suite Help so you can reply there.

Thanks in advance!

Hi my names Danny new to tuning going to give it a go on my 01 holden ss ute

Howdy. Names Nick. My rides are in the sig. Car is pretty heavily modded, and the truck is getting there. Bike is stock. Had hpt since 08 or so, but havent really been active in the forums. Jus recently got back in here and was surfing some. Havent tuned much, but a few minor things with the car. Also been having trouble with my hpt, but i been in talks with Bill thru emails, so hopefully i'll get that taken care of soon.

Happy Tuning and have fun!
    Nick
    1997 Grand Am 2.4L. (gaownersclub.com)
    2005 GMC Canyon Z71 4x4 3.5L (355Naton.net)
    2009 Harley-Davidson XL883C (XLForum.net)

Potential Tuner
    Hey guys, names Clayton. I'm new to tuning and eager to learn. Currently playing around with a 2009 G8 GT, cam,exhaust and will soon have a stall. Having a blast tuning so far and haven't blown anything up yet! Had a bad experience with a tuner after i did the cam install and that convinced me to give HP tuners a shot and see if i could do it myself. its a lot to learn and im still far from being comfortable enough to tune friends cars, but one day ill get there.

Potential Tuner
    Hi!

My name's Fred and I'm living near Paris, France.
    I've been working in tuning for years, but most of all on european cars.
    Now I'm looking forward to tune american cars.
    Right now I'm on '08 shelby 500 with a kenne bell mamuth.
    But I neeeeeeed an original tune, as it has been modified by "I dont'k know who" and it's just awfull...
    If anybody could help...

Potential Tuner
    How's it going guys? Name is Jacob. I currently have little to no experience in the tuning field, but am looking to beef up my knowledge and on hand experience with tuning. I have been on this forum multiple times, and have finally decided to make an account to be able to ask questions when I do not understand certain things. I look forward to learning from you professionals out there.

2000 BMW 540i
    2002 Audi A4
    Soon to be 2006 LS2 GTO

Tuner in Training
    Hey everyone. My name is Mike ive done a couple of LSX style swaps and got sick of waiting for someone to delete my vats, egr etc... so decided to buy this. ive watched my buddies use it (new and old users) and it seems easy to learn. this forum seems very helpful with all the stickies and videos. lookin forward to learning how to use this software.

anyways heres what im working on at the moment:

1991 Camaro Z28
    2001 5.3l LM7 325ci
    2001 4l60e
    ls1 intake
    28lb injectors

and my baby:

1987 Camaro IROC-Z
    2001 4.8l LR4 293ci
    2001 t56 6spd
    LS7 clutch
    Edelbrock Victor Jr. intake
    Edelbrock low profile intake elbow
    60lb injectors
    FAST 90mm throttle body
    T70 turbo
    adjustable wastegate (8-10psi)
    24x12x3 intercooler

previous swap:

1987 Mazda RX7
    2000 5.3l LM7 325ci
    2001 t56
    LS6 clutch
    LS1 intake
    60lb injectors
    T70 turbo
    24x12x3 intercooler
    Last edited by mike87cam; 12-18-2011 at 01:40 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Hey guys my name is John im currently going to school for Computer Infomation Technology, and i love anything to do with computers, software, technology ect. It is a passion of mine. Well i decided to get hptuners for myself, and learn the in's and out's of tuning, because the shop that did my tune just threw a tune in my truck in about 45 minutes, and I have had problems ever since they touched my truck. Anyways hope to gain alot of knowledge from all you great tuners out there. This is a great forum I have been reading non stop for the past few days.