Page 4 of 115 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Potential Tuner

Re: Introduce yourselves here..

Hello, I developed some small controllers for racing applications and have been doing that for the last 7 years. I was an ASE Certified Master Auto Tech at one point but my certifications have expired now. I work with Motorola MCU's just about everyday of the week and have experiance with Assembly and Metrowerks Codewarrior. I also have Visual C++, I have been working on ODBII communications with my 1999 TransAm just attempting a Data Logger. After seeing the software that is about to be realesed I believe I will be on the list soon to get a copy.
    I have been working on a creating Visual Gauges to display info. I am creating a new window for each gauge and sizing the window based on a percent of the current Parent Window client area size. You can drag and position them anywhere on the Parent window. I am in the process of creating a right click pop-up menu to allow the user to customize the appearance and scale of the Gauge. I would also like to include a selection that allows the user to select the update rate for each gauge and use a background timer to issue a command to the ODBII link to get the info. My plan was to use a command buffer so if a current communication was in progress it would just be added to the list and proccessed in order of first come first serve for now. I am also only using Win32 API calls to keep the Program LEAN AND MEAN as posiable. Also I hate all of the issues installing MFC libraies can bring about on older systems.

I know I have much to learn and just like learning how things work. Glad to have found this site and hope it continues to grow!

Potential Tuner

My name is Pat & I'm a GM tech.
    I'm from the far S/W suburbubs of chicago.
    Like mod'n cars 'specially my own!
    Have worked in alot of auto shops for 15 years + also side at a fabrication/frame shop.
    Hope to edge up some on ole PCM!

Potential Tuner

Biochem here... Driving a 2002 z28 and looking to get the most out of it

Hi I'm Bill
    I majored in music and minored in automotive in high school (Illinois.) After lossing part of my hearing in a military band, I got out after roughly 14years (in Georgia)and retrained in Automotive Technology, Autobody & Collision Technology and Diesel Technology. After working as both a GM Tech and John Deere Heavy Equipment Tech the local Technical College Instructors talked me into taking a teaching position at a local High School.
    As my handle inplies, I have a 77 Camino that is slowly being rebuilt at school. I got a 85' TPI Setup off of E-Bay to convert it over to EFI. I want to run the SD style TPI but, use a PCM or VCM instead of the C3 730. This way I wont have to mess with chip burners and I can drop a 4L60E/4L65E behind it. Although I have a basic understanding of how computer controlled systems work, I have never done any programimg of my own.
    After reading this thread, it seems that we have a highly skilled group of people in here. I hope to be able to add to it as well as learn.

Bill

Potential Tuner

What's up?

My name's Brian and I graduated years ago with a BS in EET. I have been tuning with canned software for years and am looking for some innovators to hook me up with something new and special. My background is in robotics and automation in all 3 dimensions with an emphasis on servo / stepper controlled movement and PLC's.

I can see that this is CLEARLY, the most productive and professional forum on the topics of tuning and PCM's thus far. I will add content where I can and stay out of your way the rest of the time.
    Brian Vorpahl&&www.bvperformance.com

Potential Tuner

I'm Randy... I've been into anything on wheels since I can remember... been driving WAY to fast since I could drive... always thought cars would be the death of me... hopefully not LITERALLY! I have had three WS6 Drop Tops ('99, '98, '98) but never got a chance to get into the computer aspect... was a two time owner of Inconn TT kits but ZERO time installed! I am familiar with the potential of the LS1 and so when I spun a rod bearing in my wimpy little DOHC V6 in my Isuzu Vehicross... I opted for the road NEVER traveled. I have started my conversion and am not very far from being done... figure that the computer was going to be something I needed to learn about. I knew about LS1Edit and AutoTap... but was PLEASANTLY surprised to discover the two all rolled up into one... HERE (actually found it on LS1Tech.com)!

Anyway, I'll be soaking up the knowledge as I have been doing through this conversion experience. I will be leading others like myself towards the power available from the LS1... into the VX... and so they will be happy to know about stuff like this.

See ya on the boards! TTYL!

Coach... aka Randy!

Potential Tuner

I'm an Electrical Engineer (29 yrs old). I used to work at Lockheed Martin and now work as a Field Apps Engineer for various semi-conductor manufactures (Actel, Vitesse, Micron, etc). I also was doing the tuning for Norris Motorsports here in Orlando up until May when I sold my half to Norris due to trouble finding time for both my regular job and the tuning.

Potential Tuner

Hey guys! I am Texas Terminator on the LS1-Tech site. I have a 2k Silverado with a blown 408 and a few extra "goodies" here and there. I am very anxious for the release of your software, even being an EDIT/EASE user, and plan to purchase yours when i can. Keep up the good work, you will clean up soon. Your site is an awesome addition to your product and your forums will be invaluable as well!

Greg

Tuner in Training

8) Hello, this is GMC_DUDE. I have a BS in Electrical Engineering, and work for the parent company of a well known manufacturer of transporation vehicles with offices and plants in Washington State and the midwest. I have a 2003 GMC Sierra 1500 with a 4.8L engine that really could use some tweaking. I am anxiously anticipating your product as I have grown tired waiting for that other tool vendor to finish the job on their truck product. Besides yours seems a lot better.
    2003 GMC 1500 rcsb 4WD. LQ4, radix @ 7 psi, FLT Level 5 trans., 3.73 axle, 265 - 75 X 17 tires. Needs more bling.

Senior Tuner

Welcome aboard EC

Glad to see you here.

Ken

Tuner in Training

Damn, after reading through these I feel quite stupid now. :huh2: There's some pretty intelligent people hanging around here it sounds like.
    My name is Tim and I'm just a hillbilly . I'm into hunting, cars, and guitar. I'm 33 married and we had our first child (son) last June. I work for Coca-Cola and the wife is an RN.

Tuner in Training

:huh2: I am a newbie and also a Red Headed Step Child since I own a '98 Z-28.
    I have been a gear head for a long time, have built many cars, engines, mostly Chevys, of course. But I am new to the computer tuning. I am a computer tech so I know computers, but not how to tune these vehicles. I will be reading your board and trying to learn what I need to know.

Since the software I need won't be out for a little while.......
    I will be patiently waiting for your software to include us step children!
    Proud owner of a \'98 Z-28. Just another Red Headed Step Child!

Potential Tuner

hi all my name is wayne morlan i am a 46 year old factory worker that finaly has the kids out off the house and can now buy fast toys to play with with this software along with my head and cam and ls6 intake i hope to go real fast. ps hey magnus just for shits and giggels give us a round about number on how many preorders you got

brownram, sorry but that information is confidential. Those that have pre-ordered are more than welcome to post in the pre-order thread though.

Thanks!
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training

I'm Bill and I'm a retired Navy Electronics Tech, not quite as smart as some of you guys. But I like this forum and may turn my passion (cars) into a business. I think this software has great potential.

Potential Tuner

Hello All !
    My name is Mike and I live in West Michigan. I started hot rodding on small block Chevys back in 1972 and went to Ohio Diesel tech in 1975. After that I was an MK (machinery technician) in the Coast Guard.
    I worked for MIT Lincoln Lab for 16 years as a project mechanic and studied ME at UMASS Lowell for several years - no degree though. I am ASE cert in engine performance, engine repair, brakes, steering and suspension.
    I have a little programming experience in Basic and have developed virtual instrumentation in LabView. I currently work as a maintenance technician and use a lot of Allen Bradley PLCs.
    I can offer a lot of mechanical perspective and hope to gain a lot of electrical/electronic knowlege. I see we have plenty of SPARKYs here.
    Feel free to call on me and my garage - I have lots of tools!
    2001 Z28 NBM T-56, Sport App., T-Tops&&TEA Stage II 5.3 heads, Comp 224/.581/112 Hooker Jet Hot LT/ORY, Corsa, Lid, FTRA&&BMR STB,PHR,TA,LCA\'s w/Bkts&&McLeod twin w adj. Master&&12.98@114 on 16\"RSA\'s

Tuner in Training

Wow, looks like i'm the young guy here. I'm still in college, majoring in aeronautical engineering. Don't have much tuning experience so i'm here to learn.
    2000 Trans Am M6

Potential Tuner

Hey, my name is Doug and I am a Automotive instructor and computer programmer. Looking forward to learning the opcodes and processor on differrent automotive PCM's/VCM's/ECM's and be able to increase their potential...and have a good time. I spend alot of time on other type boards of the "special" interest.

Look forward to seeing everyone

AutoWhiz
    We will never need more than 640k

Tuner in Training

Hi, I'm Paul. I have a degree in pharmacy, post grad work in computer science/math. I love to c++ program and drive my weekend warrior an 11.8/122mph 03 Z06. When I'm not doing that, I'm usually at Hangtown riding MX on my CR250.
    To pay for all this fun, I sell drugs (legally) and write tuning software for Pro-M Racing (FORDS). My latest interesting drug sale was capsules of "Mary Jane" and the last FORD processor I cracked (by request) was for a V10 Motor Home( duh). I love digging through opcode and surfing the net for new ideas.

Tuner in Training

heh they legalized that "m" pill? liquified thc . hmm.

anyways i dont use drugs

atlanta, ga . VW tuner, but needed a daily to rip into the 11's. Having previous tuning experience, it was unacceptable to wait on another tuner to do what i rightly should do and the price was right no point trying to re-invent the wheel as i say. got other projects web/car that fair my bidding.

great product. Now to figure out the illusive 900-1300 rpm lockup surge problem, thats my beef.

i got 00 z28 all boltons/lt/ory/224 112lsa/3.42/blah blah. so if you got something similar and car to share.. my neighbor has ls1edit so i can look at the "shared" database and get ideas from the posted tunes.

living in the city makes it hard to do alot of cruise runs at 4th in lockup at 1200rpm