Page 5 of 115 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Tuner in Training

Re: Introduce yourselves here..

Hey Everyone!

My name is Matt. I have a 98 Trans Am. Stock engine with a P1SC/Pacesetter LTs/ORYpipe/Catback and most of the suspension mods. Brake mods too!

I'm a Nondestructive Testing Inspector. Right now, I'm working on Nellis AFB in Las Vegas NV. I'm performing an Eddy Current inspection on the Pratt and Whitney PWA F100-220 engines (F15 Eagles and F16 Falcons). I get to see some cool stuff here...F22 Raptor included.

I don't have any programming experience, but I'm willing to learn. I can't wait to get my HPtuner kit

Hope all is well with everyone. Talk to you all later.

Matt
    1998 Trans Am. Looks stock......but far from it

Tuner

Hello all, I'm new here and contemplating HPtuners and ls1edit for purchase. I look forward to learning all I can before I buy so I make the right choice, thanks.
    05 2500HD 6.0L, Magnacharger Radix, Magnaflow CatBack, TransGo HD-2, Detroit Locker, Caltracs, Intro Pentia8 20x10\'s, BFG G-force KDW Tires 305/50-20\'s, M&H 33/15.50-16 Cheater Slicks, HPTuners V2.0.1

Moregrip, welcome to the forum. We often are asked what the advantages of our product is over others you will find on the market which is why we created the following page:
    http://www.hptuners.com/comparison.html

We believe it to be a fair comparison of products you can find on the market for purchase. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me directly.

Thanks.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training

Hi, my name is Sam and I'm a GTOholic.

I'm a computer nerd who knows very little about automotive mechanics, and yet I bought this powerful software suite so I could "play" with my new GTO. Dumb, I know, because I can see that it would be REAL easy for me to trash my car.

Help me, folks. I don't even know where to begin. I have "read" my PCM and saved it as "stock_tune". I have done the following mods to my car and would like some hints on what tuning (if any) I should try:

High Flow Induction a.k.a. "Cold Air Intake"
    NGK TR55 Spark Plugs
    Taylor 10.4mm Plug Wires
    Mobil 1 Synthetic Engine Oil (No tuning required, right?)

The first step is admitting I have a problem.
    2004 Pontiac GTO, LS1 5.7L V8

Tuner

G'Day all,

Been an IT Admininstrator for the last 10+ years (Unix, Oracle and SAP Basis). Never had an interest in modifying cars until I picked up my LS1 Commodore in '99. Found it didn't impress as much as I had hoped, and have been working on improving it ever since. Purchased the software mainly as a tool for learning more about the car.

I live in Melbourne Australia, and am another Oz LS1 Forum member.

Cheers, Doug

Hello everyone,
    My name is Joshua Dodson and I'm interested in learning how to use HP Tuner, so I can offer custom programming for my clients. I have a small shop that I've started out of my house, called Resurrection Motor Sports here in Ft. Worth, TX. We specialize in '97 newer Corvettes and '00 newer GM SUV's. We do performance mods and appearance upgrades. God has blessed my business so far and I want to go full-time within the year and get my own building to work from.
    Thanks for having a forum to learn from.

www.youtube.com/rmsman
    Ventura County area, CA

Potential Tuner

Hey,

I'm 56 got a ML '04 Z-06 and like to play with cars.

My other toy is a '67 Olds 442 Convertable with a 455. I've got a gear-vendor under/over drive to go in this summer to lower the "r's" from its 3.91 rear-end.

Used to race in the late 60's and early 70's. There not much I won't tackle, but don't have the same enthusiam as I used to in building and tearing into things.

I worked and ran a garage in College (Clarkson) and my father-in-law also had a local Gulf Station that I kept one of his lifts mighty busy at time.

Work wise I'm the Pres./CEO of a local credit union and have been in that game for 28 years.

What more can I say... except don't overdo your hobby!

Best,

Gerd ... yes, that's my real first name, it's not a nickname!

Tuner in Training

My name is Nick and I live in the SF Bay Area, Ca.

I'm an Equipment Engineer by profession, working with anything from general Hi-Vac Deposition Systems to Robotic handlers using Programmable Logic Controllers, Hughes Pattern Recognition(tm) Software or even some of those early (and quite volatile) NVR Bubble Memory Systems Seiko used to use in their Robots back in the mid '80's. Automotive wise, a few years back I was certified on GM CCC3/C4 systems, but OBDII is definitely a whole different animal. That's why I'm here.

Over the last 29yrs I've always had at least 1 kind of trick vehicle or another. My current rides are a geared & locked '81 Jeep CJ8 (that I'm starting a TBI conversion on tomorrow morning BTW) and my 2001 Camaro SS M6. Being a true believer in "horsepower through efficiency", I ordered the HPTuner to replace the Predator I've been using for the last 18 months.

I am looking forward to learning from the people on this message board and hopefully in time, be able to assist new members whenever possible.

Nick.

"Fast cars will get you through times of not having a woman better than a woman will get you through times of not having a fast car". unknown author
    2001 Camaro SS M6, No SLP Options, K&N FIPK, SLPP Dual/Dual, Pro 5.0, HPTuners &&Dynojet #\'s (SAE Corrected): 334rwhp/356rwtq&&

Tuner in Training

I put up this board for several reasons. I have learned quite a bit so far and I would really like to share the knowledge. I also know there are many others out there just like me who would also like to share. And most importantly, I would really like to see us all work together and perhaps come up with a DIY editor for all OBD-II PCM's at a very affordable cost. I think that would be awesome!
    My name is Bob and I've been working on things since I was old enough to take my model trains apart now I work as an aircraft mechanic and work on cars in my free time, I've rebuilt 3 70's era cars from the ground up and now I'm working on something a little newer.

My current car is a 2003 AE Corvette that I've converted to an FRC (Z06 body style), the car has a supercharger, cam, 3.73 gears, FLP A4 tranny with a small stall converter and a few other small items. Now I want to do my own tuning.

Thanks for putting up this board and creating a little competition in the programming business, I'm starting to learn the computer controlled cars and this car (2003 supercharged Corvette) is my first attempt at hi-tech tuning.

Advanced Tuner

Just ordered!!!

WOOO HOOO!!!

I should have got the package sooner, but I here now! Modifications are in my sig...

ADMINS, please ship fast!!! ;D

2007 CTS-V LS2

Hi

I'm new to this board. I'm a car hobbies out of NewJersey, with a 2000 Chevy silverado. That I just installed a 2000 ZO6 motor and a T56. I've been reading this board for some time, and thought it is time to get involve. I just purchased HPtunner program and want to get the most out of it.

So if any want's to seen me any .bin files containing ZO6 stock files, please do so. I want to compare them to my present stock file.

THANK YOU

Potential Tuner

I feel more at homeRe: Introduce yourselves here..

Hi, the name's Gary. I'm a toolmaker by trade. I have a basic feel for where I am, on this forum. After noting the qualifications of some of the guys here, no question I'm in over my head here. I feel more at home, and am more familiar with the mechanical end of the vehicle. We'll see how well I can.... struggle. :-/

Tuner

Well, I've heard it said that It must be Brent. So here I am. I have an 03 Silverado SS that I sold my 01 C5MN5 for. Love the truck, Built tranny with stall. Turbo goes in in a few weeks. Allen Nelson has done my current tuning, but I like to tinker...

If this software supports my version of the Chevy V8 trucks, I will be a customer.

Thanks.
    Because it must be Brent!&&\'05 FORD F-250 Diesel, baby

Potential Tuner

I'm Tim.. Timbo1969 on all of the boards I post on. This item is definitely on my list of wants. I currently have sent my PCM to TSP for them to give me a tune with this product.

My main interest in life is raising my 11 year old son. Other interests include my car(obviously), lifting weights which I've not been able to do since getting full custody of my kiddo, playing guitar, and most sports with Football being my favorite..
    I can\'t wait for the V6 F-body software to come out...

Senior Tuner

How about that... a thread I forgot to post in.

Been wrenching up on mostly old beaters since '79.
    "Shade tree mechanic"

Been designing integrated circuits ("chips&quot since '83.
    "Yesterday I coodn't spel enginner"

But, only recently have I come to embrace the dark
    side that connects the two....

Still, 3 of my 4 registered vehicles are carbureted.
    HPTuners is my left handed Camaro wrench.

Tuner

Hi!

I am new to tuning with a keyboard but nopt new to tuning.

I bought my pride and joy late last year used with 4k miles on it. I have started a "systematic" program of upgrading and adding HP mods. It is my goal to get 400 rwhl hp without going inside the covers.

I bought HP Tuners to evaluate and optimize changes. So far I have added LG headers/3" x pipes and cats and a Halltech TRAP. I ported the TB and changed the thermostat to a 170. From now on I will be trying to extract as much performance as I can get with my imposed boundries.

As Far as HP Tuners, I don't have a clue but I am willing to learn in the relentless search for more power. HELP! :-[
    Warp 10 Always

Tuner in Training

I'm Anton, and I'm another gearhead-from-5-years-old type.

I've been a motorcycle mechanic for 10 years, then got into computers in '96 or so. I've built more air/oil GSXR engines
    than I would ever want to, but it's been a great learning tool.

Last year some bonehead knocked me off my motorcycle, and I had to do something with all the gearhead energy while I'm recovering. So, I put a 1998 Camaro 3800 / 4L60E powertrain in my 1973 AMG Postal Jeep. I've fooled the GM PCM into behaving (relays, resistors, and a Tech II to make the evap
    stuff never happen) but I'd like to optimize the tune, since it has about a 38" long exhaust system w/no cat and an 02 sim and a big ol' K&N for a marine 502 clamped to the MAF.

Some more serious re engineering includes:
    AMC Pacer front suspension, giving me IFS, disk brakes,
    and rack and pinion steering. (and left hand drive) An Explorer rear axle, to make the rear track the same as the front. Various other AMC bits to make the brakes work and have a firewall master cylinder, and a custom rollcage. Since this thing is pretty fast. 1900lbs, 220ish hp, and zero aerodynamics. Coming soon to www.rotomoto.com.

I was waiting for the V6 f body unit to be done, as the HPtuner seems to be the most car-hacker friendly. 8)
    1973 AMG Postal Jeep powered by:&&1998 Chevy Camaro 3800 Series II V6/4L60E&&Adjustable fuel pressure, K&N clamped to TB, AMC Pacer front suspension (makes it LHD+disc brakes), Explorer 3.55 rear axle

Potential Tuner

Hello All,

I'm green to this tuning thing, but not new to automotive customization/modification. I did car audio installation/competetion while in undergrad. We decided to finish school and closed the shop. Everysince graduation I've been trying to fill that "Installation" void, and I think Tuning is it. I have my B.S. in Computer Information Sciences and been doing Data Base Administration for the past several years. I'm willing to help in any way I can, but I'm learning in a major way. My Silverado SS is what tipped the scales towards tuning. My name is Duan, but I go by Seven.

Looking forward to working with you all.

Seven

Potential Tuner

Hello, my name's Ross. I own a small machine shop in SE Idaho. Mainly drag race and circle track engines for the last 14 years. ventured into obdI computers mainly to complement 383ci TBI pickups. OK....really it was a real nasty case of tinkeritis. Great info on your forum, keep up the good work and please let me know if I may be of any assistance.

I love the diversity in backgrounds thats showing up here. Welcome to everybody!
    Any questions just ask. We are here to help...
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.