Page 6 of 115 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Tuner in Training

Re: Introduce yourselves here..

Hello all,

I'm Adam I put Centrifugal Superchargers in Saturns. I do product design, engingeer and testing for Saturn vehicles from mechanical products to electronics. I'm schooled in CAD and come from an unrelated Real Time Flight Test software engineering background. I live between Willow Springs Intl Raceway and Los Angeles County Raceway in the middle of the Mojave desert.

-Adam Chant SCdyne Performance "Tune it or lose it!"

Potential Tuner

Hi,
    My name is Rodney. I live in Minnesota and farm as my occupation. I have done some field mapping with GPS in my operation and have some computer skills.
    I have I started a ground up restoreation four years ago on a 66 chevelle. I'm planning on putting in a 95 lt1 corvette engine. So I'm going to need to tune it at some point, and this board looks like a good place to start.

Senior Tuner

Hello All,

I just ordered my HPTuner software. I currently am a designer at B&M Racing and Performance. I have two Camaros, one will be built for the NHRA Super Gas category, that my wife will drive, and should run 9.90s. The other is a 2001 SS that is my "daily driver", it just has a 4400 stall converter, Hooker Long Tubes, and a ram-air kit. I plan to have this car run 11.50 without a roll-bar (new NHRA rule), hoping I can tune it with HPTuner. Future plans calls for an LS6 conversion (OEM heads and cam). Currently this car runs 12.44 @ 108 at Pomona on OEM suspension and tune. Looking forward to learning alot from here.

Tuner in Training

Hello,

My name is Bryan. Im a 20 year old engineering student. As well as a full time construction manager. i just picked up my 98 TA a few weeks ago. have a few lil things done like lid filter air mod. and just last week got my transgo kit installed before i decided to order my hptuner. also getting married in 3 weeks in maui!! so my schedule is usually packed with sleep being the only thing that suffers!!! hope to get to know everyone here. Nice to meet ya

Advanced Tuner

Hi,
    I'm Matt. I've got a 1970 Corvette that I just finished installing a 2000 LS1 in. I've got a BS in Mechanical Engineering and will have an MS in Product Development in another 5 months. I've been working for Ford doing sheetmetal design for 5 years but hope to find something else once I graduate.
    I just ordered HP Tuners and I'm looking forward to seeing it's full power.
    Thanks.
    1970 Corvette LS1/T56
    2001 Corvette Z06

Tuner in Training

hello i am mike
    i ahve a 2001 oldsmobile alero 3.4 v-6. i have a magnuson supercharger on with a 2" pulley pushing 10-12 lbs of boost. the other guys headers, slp cat back exhuast, o2 simulater no cat, ls1 maf, maf translator plus, liquid to air intercooler.
    anyway i was wondering if there might be any help with this tuner that i may be able to benifit from. oh i still have a stock puter >
    any help is helpful. i have heard nothing but good things about this product.

Hi,
    My name is Mike and I am a network engineer by trade. My hobbies are going fast, and being a computer Geek.
    I own 99 FRC with a NXL direct port system + basic bolt ons. I have changed my whole car over to a Blower car. I am selling the NXL kit and I purchased a crazy custom F1-R package. I hope to learn about the PCM and the values needed to create a great tune for my car. Please undertstand even though I can blindly navigate through a computer......I will need help with learning how to tune. That's why I'm here. Well talk 2 U guys later.

Mike Gisel

Tuner in Training

hi,

my name is ryan. i live in the minneapolis/st. paul area (of the great state of MN). i do sales/quoting/customer service for a small family owned plating company. i currently am driving around a 2003 silverado SS. mods currently are: e-fans, 160 stat, flowmaster exhaust, volant intake, lowering kit...coming soon: tranny build.

nice to meet you all!
    2003 Silverado SS&&Flex-A-Lite 282, 160* stat, Volant CAI, MSD wire, NGK plugs, Superior Shift Kit, Billet Servos, Flowmaster 50 series exhaust.

Tuner in Training

Hi I have just recived my copy of the VCM editor and would like to say the delivery service is excellent!!

I think I might be the first Holden HSV owner in the UK to have HP Tuners!!!

My car is a 1999 HSV GTS UK, which is the same as the Australian Clubsport R8 but with all the options, it is rated at 250kw standard and I have added the second hole to the cold air intake, fitted a K&N filter and also fitted a CS Performance Maf Tube.

I am a complete novice to the world of VCM/PCM but have been around cars and tuning for many years, so I hope I will catch on fast!!!!

There are only 40+ HSV's in the UK and we expect 50 or so HSV GTO's this year so I need to learn fast so the other members of the Drivers club can benifit from this product.

www.hsvdriversclub.co.uk

www.hsvdriversclub.co.uk

you can usually get those things up around 290-300kw with a decent tune

not sure what octane fuel you guys have over there, but if you can get 98 octane should be no problems.

I you have any comments regarding use of VCM Suite in a club scenario we would be happy to hear them! (one reason we set the licensing system not to be VIN based)
    I count sheep in hex...

Hey everyone. I have two hobbies, cars and computers. This is a chance for me to combine these hobbies into one. I have had HP Tuners for a few weeks and am just starting to work on actual tuning (started out calibrating speedo, raising rev limiter, raising speed limiter, and other small changes).

Next comes a new Cam then a Supercharger. This comunity is really great and I look forward to reading this forum every night. Good luck everyone.
    2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
    3.6 V6
    More MODs than Stock

2018 Ram rebel
    5.7 Hemi V8
    Stock

Tuner in Training

Name is Austin, been lurking around here for a few weeks seeing if this is what I was needing to buy.

I have a 1999 Silverado Z71 Ex-cab 5.3 with the Whipple on it. Was one of the early kits in 2000.

My fastest time with the Whipple craptronics is a 14.9 @ 5800ft (Bandimere)

Just finished making my VCM Suite purchase now. Looking forward to getting all those wires out from under my hood and the flat spots out of my powerband

Tuner in Training

Well I am Jesse, and I just bought a 04 Silverado ECSB SS Suspension package, and a few days ago recieved my HPTuner stuff.

I am a ASE Master Mechanic, MCSA Network Admin... Computers daily, and cars are my hobby.

Just wanted to say hey and post a link to a tune of mine if anyone wants to look it over and or try it out. Give me some feedback.
    http://members.cox.net/pwrvtec/04ModifiedSilverado1.bin
    I have more (like Hypertech, Predator tunes etc but thats my best one so far that i refined upon)

Advanced Tuner

I guess it's time I contributed to this post. My name is Eric, my vehicle and mods are in the signature. I'll be 29 in September, I'm a "Field Engineer" for one of the largest ISPs in the country by day and night (24x7 on call) and super newbie tuner in my free time. I love drag racing and muscle cars, but my truck is the first thing I've had with decent power since my 68 Camaro back in the mid 90's. I currently have 2 tuning projects, my truck and a friends 01 6.0 HD Crew Cab with rear mount twin turbos. That's all I got, back to you in the studio.

Eric - 01 Silverado 5.3 ECSB
    ET: [email protected] 1.77 60' 5200 lbs

Crappy website about my truck

My Myspace page
    Usually contains explicit material (language, etc..)
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

I hate writting about myself but I've been putting this thread off to long (I preordered this stuff) so...

My name is Michael and I'm 20 living in the East San Fransico Bay Area, Hayward/Union City border to be exact. The car I'm using HP Tuners on is in the sig and is my dad's daily driver. It's the first car that I've ever tuned (I say that like I'm done ;D ) using EFI. I daily drive a '03 Cobra that has a few things done to it(BTW:When is HP Tuners gonna offer something to tune this pig). I work for the City of Union City in the garage doing inventory control and maintaining (which included setting up) the database that tracks everything to do with the fleet. I'm currently working there full time nine hours a day and also going to school at night. I'm working towards being a firefighter but I'm also taking all my general ed that way I can get a degree in fire technology. My ultimate goal is to one day run my own performance shop but with the outragous prices in the Bay Area I haven't figure out how to swing that yet. Cars are my hobby and I have to many of them: 66 ElCamino, 63 Impala, 67FB Mustang, 66 Mustang, and a 77TA <-(for sale as a parts car). I'm also into music and play sax along with a variety of other woodwind instruments. That's enough rambling for me. Time to get back to making cars go faster.
    Mike
    -Michael Rudolph-
    2003 Redfire Cobra
    Eaton Powered to a:
    11.301 @ 129 1.68 60' MT DRs
    11.85 @ 124 1.90 60' street tires

Potential Tuner

Hi names Vince and i found out about this place from Keith at the MFBA rental adn he ran 11.02 Not too bad. Really nice guy!

Hi,

Name's Ray, I'm from Manitoba.

As my login name suggests, I'm really a Ford guy, but I could sure use some insight into the OBDII GM world.

I'm a 25 yr. veteran of the electronics industry, (tech, management), but I really know next to nothing about code. If you need to know anything about radio communications, I'm your man.

I am a rabid car nut and I have rewired many hot rod projects for my local friends. The latest, a Gen II 3800 into an 86 Fiero, has me looking for ways to deal with the PassKey situation and the path led me here.

Looks like an incredible lineup of talent precedes me and I'm looking forward to learning from you all. Maybe I can offer something along the road as well.

Tuner

Hi, I'm Vic and I own a 99 T/A WS6. I've got all of the bolt ons and alot of new toys (H/C) awaiting install. I'm very new to this tuning game, but I went ahead and bought HP Tuners anyways, gotta learn sometime
    Victor&&99 T/A WS6 &&TEA 5.3 heads, 224, .581 112, Mac Mids, ORY, SLP Loudmouth, SLP Flowpac, ASP pulley, BMR PHB, LCA\'s w/relos., SFC\'s, Vig 3600 w/ 4L65E,deep pan, B&M transpak, Hayden trans cooler

Potential Tuner

Hello, My name's Dominic... I drive a 2003 Pontiac Sunfire ecotec... I am building a custom turbosystem based off a Saab 9-3t turbo and manifold, and I hope to use the future HP tuners software to tune the fuel and other issues. I am also building a turbo ecotec engine to handle high psi.

Hi my name is Brian. I'm a recently graduated EE and I'm finally making enough money to play around with fun stuff like this. I am new to the world of pcm tuning but I am learning quite a bit thanks to this excellent forum. Along with GM pcms i am also interested in Toyota pcms. So if anybody has any extra info about toyota I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks,
    Brian