Page 68 of 115 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 2299

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Potential Tuner
    Gary from Morgan Hill, Ca.
    I have over 25 years serious high end trackside tuning & setting up systems Bosch, Modas Sport, Win Darab, Motec, etc. On Reiley Daytona Prototypes, GT/ST cars As well as over 30 years Top Fuel, & Alcohol analog tuning (mechanical injection) and many class eace cars as well as new street performance cars boosted & non.
    I just purchased HP Tuners MPVI and prior to purchase just to test response time sent two e mails in the general section regarding tech support & two days still no response, recieved HP Tuners, had an issue with MPVI only loading driver A, was not an issue with my computer, serial port, settings, or internet, sent two e mails to tech support, now over 24 hours still no reply ultimately fixed the issue myself, the software works as stated, however because of the clear lack of due dilligence and timely response time I can see I'll only use it in a very limited capacity, my point being, I have a direct line of communication with the head engineers at both Bosch & Motec, as well as Holley, FAST, & EFI live (the last three I routinely use for street tuning)
    So unfortunately I cant give any positive review for their tech support or communication

Potential Tuner
    JT from Independence, Kentucky.
    Mechanical engineer currently working in the cargo transportation industry. Just now starting to look into tuning for myself. I'm just starting a LS swap into a 63 Bel Air and wanted the ability to tune it myself. Also in the driveway is a 08 G8, 06 2500HD, and 11 Tahoe that will all get some tweaks to them once I get the hang of the program.

Potential Tuner
    Hello.... My name is Reaney and Im in Newport NH

I am a semi retired mastertech. Retired in a 1996 from wrenching full time. I still play in the shop. mostly building rock crawlers and offroad stuff.
    I am interested in learning more about the HP tuners programer... I have lots of questions.

I understand that I need to license each PCM to write to it... But, Do I need to lic each pcm to shut off stuff. IE VATS... EVAP etc>

I work mostly with GM Vortec engines... With offroad rigs we dont need these things.

Can you help?

Potential Tuner
    Hey I'm Erik and I have a bunch of questions, so I'll be on this forum a lot. I'm in San Diego and love the weather more than the stupid laws, for now at least.

Potential Tuner
    Hello everyone,

My name is Roy and I located in the Bay Area. I served 11 years as a helicopter technician in the Navy and now work at NASA as an Engineering Tech. I also own a small synthetics business. I have a passion for cars and racing. I've learned a lot from Ryne at Cunningham Motorsports and figured I'd give this a try with his guidance. Mainly for my vehicles for now. I understand the basics concept of tuning but never applied it. Looking forward to learning from this forum and seeing you guys out and about.

Hello all,

I am new to HP Tuners, but have been using LS1 Edit since 1999 when I got my first TA. I am a former legislator serving 2 terms in the AZ Senate, but my day job is as a flight test engineer. Any more I am more of a consultant and travel extensively to different flight test facilities for 6 months to 3 years depending on the needs of the individual test programs.

I am doing a major tune to my 2002 NBM TA (last month of production - Aug 2002), having just finished the last of the engine mods I want to do. Recently added P&P 243 heads, 1:8 roller rockers, Comp 918s with hardened pushrods, new Manley valves, a thunder racing cam that was in my garage for 10 years (220/220/.565/.565/112), Melling Hi Cap Oil Pump, Quartermaster dual timing chain, P&P LS2 Dorman 92mm intake, Holley Sniper 92mm TB, Comp roller lifters, 42 lb GM OE/Bosch injectors, Bora S type exhaust and 3 in Texas Speed and Performance catted Y . That is to complement the Hooker LTs, 4.10 Moser 12 bolt, SLP Hi Cap Radiator, Holley Line Lock, 275/35 BFG Comp TAs and 315/30 Nitto 555s already on the car. Also have the full complement of suspension weld-on/bolt-ons to keep it straight on accel and hug the curves better. The Mecham hood and wing complement the aesthetics, and the Kee Speaker upgrade and 10" cubby sub driven by the JVC KW-V50BW 7 1/2 in touchscreen stereo head keeps me happy with my tunes. Had the seats done in leather, too.

Once the engine is happy, I will paint the little darling and it will be fully restored and ready to go touring.

002[1] (2).jpg

My other ride has an afterburner...

Soooo - I have lots of experience modifying tunes on aviation turbine engines of all sorts both fixed wing and swing-wing, but not so much on my TA. I used LS1 Edit to nibble around the edges, but this is the first time I have changed injectors or significantly altered an engine that I needed to tune an ECM. I was a big contributor to LS1.com before the "crash" of their server, and spend my time lurking on LS1Tech.com these days.

I will be needy for a while, so I am asking for your patience and understanding as I come up to speed on this project. I already have run into issues and haven't even gotten out of the driveway, yet...so I picked up the training vids from Ed Mowton, and I am starting through them today.

Looking forward to learning from and eventually helping other folks on the forum here. If you have any questions about surge and blowout margins and runlines to tune a turbine engine fuel control, hydromechanical, analog or digital let me know!

Kindest Regards,

Darden

Potential Tuner
    Randy , I live in Florida and have raced everything with wheels. I semi Retired ASE Re-Certified auto Tech . New job is Dad can you? My son has a 2014 SS Camaro LE1 6 Speed . So far we have did the Hurst Stick , Quick throw shifter , Long tube headers, Cat deletes , Roto fab air intake and filter, Oil catch can and drilled/ slotted rotors to slow it down. No we are getting a HP Tuners VCM Suite Pro to make it all work. Any input will be happily accepted .

Potential Tuner
    Hey Everyone my name is Brad, currently located in California but will be relocating to Texas in June. started off in the carbon fiber and weight reduction world been doing that for about 10 years now, last couple years got myself into drag racing which I race a 2017 Dodge Rebel 5.7 Hemi, mainly stock at the moment, main thing I have is a tune from diablo. Taken a few tuning classes to expand my knowledge and now I'm here trying to get a lot more into it, plan for texas is a full on Performance shop, so eager to learn as much as I can off the forums as well and learning what everyone has run into. glad to be here and look forward into getting to know everyone and learning as much as possible.

Greetings to all,

I am a former legislator - served two terms in the AZ Senate - and have been back to my day job after that as a Flight Test Engineer. Anymore I am more of a consultant and have been doing contracts and travelling a lot. I specialize in both Propulsion and Avionics flight testing, which has meant that I spent thousands of hours in flight, testing experimental turbine engine/Digital Electronic Engine Control combinations at altitudes up to 51,000 ft. Not much experience at sea level testing or internal combustion (Otto cycle) engine tuning, so I am new to much of what HP Tuners does.

f-16 cropd lo res.jpg
    My other ride has an afterburner.

I am currently tuning my 02 TA, and my sons white 95 Bronco (OJ truck) and both are cammed, heads, intake with bolt-ons, so I am getting a ton of new info on both the GM and Ford control theories/techniques. Seems like trying to drink from a fire hose with all the new info pouring in. I have been using LS1 Edit since 1999 so i am familiar with the tuning process, but just nibbled around the edges (AIR delete, back O2 sensor delete, LTFT tuning, Spark tuning, etc.) but have never tackled a project requiring a change of injectors before these 2 projects.

I'm using HP Tuners on the TA. The TA has full up LS6, P&P heads, LS2 92mm Dorman Intake, Comp 918s/1:8 rockers/lifters/moly pushrods, Thunder Racing 220/220/.565/.565/112 cam, Volant inlet, Holley Sniper 92mm TB, Hooker LTs, and 3in Texas Speed and Perf catted Y and Borla S type exhaust w/ a Moser 12 bolt and 4.11s in the back. I am running 6500 redline.

I look forward to learning a lot as I get started and maybe eventually be able to help out the noobs when I get my head wrapped around the processes. I apologize in advance for my slow learning capabilities and ask for patience from all!

Tuner in Training
    Hello,

My name's Kevin. Just picked up the Pro VCM Suite for my Jeep project that's getting a LS3/6l90 combo. Hopefully my 69 Camaro will be the next recipient of LS power.

I'll be asking a million questions, cause this computer controlled stuff is all new to me........................Please be gentle.

Advanced Tuner

Smile From cartoons to cartunes

Greetings everyone! Just jumped on the HP tuner wagon and it sounds like I have my work cut-out for me trying to learn on a 2015 Challenger 5.7 M6 with forced induction...not. This is truly one of those instances where a little knowledge can do a lot of damage. As of now, I have not modified any tunes and mostly have focused on learning how to log/modify the scanner layouts. I just managed to get my wideband to work and now am working on getting the right charts set-up.

I just downloaded the 3.7 version primarily because my boost does not seem to transition as smoothly as I want. Also the throttle hangs a little after banging the throttle and during warm start up the car seems to barely come alive (does not have the BAM you get at cold start).

For now I am just sitting back trying to soak up the knowledge on the dodge forum. I just wish there was more of a comprehensive document for beginners (patiently waiting for the tuning school to start offering non-HC courses). Basically I have been cutting and pasting posts in Word so I can create a tips & tricks document as I am a hobbyist that needs notes that I can fall back on.

BTW I posted both stock and SC tunes of my car (along with my 2013 GC) under the alias "Casper" (did not know the username was already taken) in the tune repository if any of you are interested.

John...Doh!

I'm Chris from Cincinnati. My car is a 2016 Mustang GT and I'm installing a stage 2 Whipple in about a month. I purchased HP Tuners because a friend recommended it so that I can make some small changes to the Whipple tune. I plan on adding long tubes, a Cobra Jet cold air and better injectors.

Potential Tuner
    Hi. I’m Bob from Idaho, I’m m a seasoned tech,with 25 years experience. Now I decided to try my hand at the tuning world. I have 2 main vehicles I’m using HPtuners on first is a 69 impala convertible with a 2000 Silverado power train swap, 5.3 4l60. I’ve used all the wiring steering column, dash, and wiring front to back. Minus the ABS, Airbags, and havc. I also have my daily driver, a 2000 Silverado 1500HD w/a 6.0 4l80. I’d like to go in and do some tuning on it to give it a little better torque curve.

Potential Tuner
    Hello tuners, I'm Dean from NJ. My background includes mech/elec engineering, avid auto mechanics and all around fun tinkering. I've got experience with megasquirt tuning on a 62 buick skylark for a few years and now I'm back into the fuel injection game with my 01 s10 V6. Nothing crazy, stock rebuild with a mild cam. I've been reading, practicing and learning every day so I hope to only post when I really get stuck or need some more in depth knowledge on a subject. Look forward to chatting with everybody.

Potential Tuner

New to tuning but here to learn

My names Matt. I've been a tech in private shops and dealerships for going on 10 years. I've worked beneath an ASE master for 6 of those years. Spent some time welding and fabricating and building some pretty cool stuff.

I'm new to tuning, but am here to learn. I've never actually tuned a single thing myself so this is all just the beginning for me. I'm relatively apt for most things automotive. I'll do my best to keep stupid questions to a minimum (I know how to use the search button &#128513 but mostly I'm here to learn and put my two cents out there if it's relevant and might be useful.

So far I've helped with set ups at dynos, and I spend as much time as I can at the local performance shop hoping to pick stuff up and maybe one day, an opportunity to get away from wrenching and be a part of building more custom stuff and get away from boring parts changing.

Anyway, that's my intro. Hope to be engaging with some of you in the near future.

Tuner in Training
    Lance from New Mexico, currently AD USAF and I have an 11 Tahoe that I will be learning to tune on, as well as an 07 Escalade. Plan on deleting the VVT/DOD, cam, turbo, etc eventually.
    2011 Tahoe 5.3 2wd 6L80E (stock for now)
    2007 L92 torn apart for rebuild

Tuner in Training
    Hey Guys in Dywayne from Texas thank you all for the great resources here i spend my time in the Dodge Diesel side but wanted to introduce myself.
    2003 Silver 3500 HO JTT/DTT w/Billet Shafts Automatic 157k, Smeding 62/68/12 divided, Steedspeed t3 3gen manifold, GDP Fuel Boss standard drive, GDP Remote Fuel w/Big Line, 4"-5" exhaust, Banks Ram Air, 22x12 BurnOut SS, 305/45r22

Potential Tuner
    Byron from the US, but working and living overseas in Dubai. I bought my HP tuners pro setup because I can't trust anyone here to do a proper job of tuning.

-Byron

Potential Tuner
    Jeremy from Bama. Learned tuning at UTI. needless to say, I know enough to be dangerous as of right now.. plan to put myself through more training asap.

Potential Tuner
    Hey folks. This is Don, from CA. I've been tuning my personal diesels with another tuning package for a while, but now wanting to do more gas stuff. I've been lurking here for a while and finally decided to create an account. I'm sure I'll bore and annoy you all with my beginner questions!